1. Legends of Eisenwald
2. Pillars of Eternity
3. Shadowrun Hong Kong

for 2016:
1. Torment Numenera
2. Mount & Blade 2
3. forgot.

Myrthos,

You should fix the entries for both Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth games. Possibly the ";" in their names is causing the entries being split.

Actually, that is not a big deal… only Fluent would vote for them anyways… :biggrin: (joking)

Last edited:

. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
. Underrail
. Invisible, Inc.

. X-Com 2
. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
. Divinity: Original Sin 2

Seems really hard to make an educated vote for 2015, given so many good RPGs came out that nobody could have had the time to play, or even check out, but a small fraction of them.

D:OS 2, Torment, and DX:MD for 2016. First two choices there were easy, last was hard. Funny thing is the first two probably won't even be out in 2016.

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt was an easy first vote, after that... there were a lot of games I didn't play, I need to re-prioritize!

Enderal was my most anticipated, then D:OS 2 and Torment

Why I can't vote? :(

I'm having the same problem.

Am I… not member enough? Is there a platinum membership I need to obtain or something?

What she says:

Maybe you need more posts, like a few dozens. Usually that it the requirement at sites, as protection against people registering multiple new accounts to cheat in the polls.

I don't recall what the amount of posts needed is at the moment.

I looked at the list.... and realised I haven't played a single game in it!

I don't have that much time to game these days to be sure, and my old backlog is sooo long it is somewhere in 2011....

2015:
1. D:OS EE
2. Underrail
3. Lords of Xulima (or was that 2014?)

2016:
1. D:OS 2
2. Dungeons of Aledorn
3. Torment

- Age of Decadence
- Witcher 3
- Pillars of Eternity

The 2015 picks were easy, but the 2016 ones... Gah, too many (potential) good games ahead of us! XCOM2, DX, Torment, Kingdom Come, DOS2, The Mandate, Underworld Ascendant, M&B2, That Which Sleeps, Halcyon 6, Darkest Dungeon, ...

I eventually settled on:

- XCOM2
- DOS2
- Kingdom Come

1. The Witcher 3
  2. Pillars of Eternity
  3. Shadowrun: Hong Kong
(While I've enjoyed FO4 for a while, for me it was too weak as an RPG especially after a certain point in the main plot.)

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  2. Divinity: Original Sin 2
  3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Would have chosen CP77 and KC:D, but I'm quite sure that they won't be released in 2016.

Last edited:
It is kind of disappointing after many years as a lurker (and voter) to suddenly not be able to vote. Could we have a "been a member for more than 2 years" exemption from the "need to post a little to vote"?

We have had this debate in several of the previous GOTYs. In the end a majority felt that a minimum amount of posts was the best. Actually it was a minimum amount of posts before a fixed period preceding the GOTY, but as that was technically a bit more difficult to implement, I went for the easy solution.

I have my new pc a week now. I'm playing Wither 3 now, so my vote goes quite easily there. Second is pillars of eternity. Third is shadowrun HK.

For 2016 i voted cyberpunk 2077, but noone else voted for that. Am i wrong about the release year?

Last edited:
For 2016 i voted cyberpunk 2077, but nonone else voted for that. Am i wrong about the release year?
Based on information from a recent online interview Cyberpunk 2077 will be released in 2017. As CD Projekt Red is focusing on Witcher III this year, and a few side projects.

Damn, i bought this pc just for witcher and cyberpunk. Guess, i'm going for Torment then but my instict tells me that i will get disappointed.

Thanks for the info Couch

Based on information from recent a online interview Cyberpunk 2077 will be released in 2017. As CD Projekt Red focusing on Witcher III this year, and a few side projects.

Same goes for Dungeons of Aledorn btw which was mentioned by Sacred_Path.
The Date which was mentioned in Kickstarter is February 2017. So I wouldn't expect it coming before that date.

1. Serpent in the Staglands (awesome enough)
2. Pillars of Eternity (classic Obsidian curse of too much dedication to boring the pants off people)
3. Sword Coast Legends (for trying but ending up with banal)

Most anticipated:

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera (Curiosity more than anything)
2. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (for trying)
3. Divinity: Original Sin 2 (maybe this time they'll figure out how to make the last 25% interesting - something Div games have had a problem with since Divine Divinity 15 years ago)

1. The Witcher 3
2. Pillars of Eternity
3. Fallout 4

I was very uncertain of what to choose here, as it's hard to predict which games will actually be released in 2016. I suspect Div 2, ELEX etc will all be 2017, so I ended up only voting for ME: A and Torment.

1. Underrail
2. Witcher 3
3. Age of Decadence

1. Torment
2. The new Deus ex
3. Lost ark; w/e

For who? I thought 2015 was at least on par with 2014 which was excellent for RPGs. When you put them together, they were two of the best consecutive years I've seen in a very long time.

There wasn't a single game in 2015 that blew me away or kept me engaged for more than a short time. I have higher hopes for 2016, especially Dungeons of Aledorn with its old school mechanics, Torment with its focus on storytelling and Enderal with its better rendition of open world gameplay. And then there's D:OS 2, which I hope will simply be a beefed up D:OS with more roleplaying options.

All the games I was looking forward to in 2015 were disappointments considering my expectations, most notably Pillars of Eternity.

For anyone who buys into the Twitcher 3 & Fallout 4 10/10 GOTY bullshit it was probably a great year, but as far as deep RPG's go it was nothing special.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom