GameSpot - Last of Us Wins People's Choice

aries100

SasqWatch
Gamespot announces that The Last of us has won its people's choice awards beating Bioshock Infinite:

The Last of Us wins the GameSpot People's Choice game of the year award with an overwhelming 27% of the vote. In a distant second was BioShock: Infinite with 15% and Grand Theft Auto V close behind with 14%.

More information.

From what I've seen, it's an interactive movie and not really a game.

I should receive it today from my Gamefly queue (though I'd like to finish Borderlands 2 first)

Just shows how console-centric Gamespot is, but I think most of us already knew that.

We knew, but another question remains. Does Last of Us milk fans with numerous petty DLC? Can't know since I don't have a console. If it does, then Gamespot is not normal. If it doesn't, no wonder the game got ppl choice.

From what I've seen, it's an interactive movie and not really a game.
No, it's a game allright. A really good shooter with lots of tactical options and good stealth. Completely linear story, of course, but some levels open up quite a bit for exploration/scavenging. And for once, the cutscenes are worth watching.

Just shows how console-centric Gamespot is, but I think most of us already knew that.

Rock Paper Shotgun is the best PC centric site for games. I wish RPGwatch wasn't so Kickstarter focused. Really ruined the site.

Rock Paper Shotgun is the best PC centric site for games. I wish RPGwatch wasn't so Kickstarter focused. Really ruined the site.
Sorry your dissatisfied but I'm the only one mostly doing the news, and I'm a volunteer. Not a paid journalist like the editors on RPS.^^

RPGWatch is RPG focused, not Kickstarter focused. Unless, of course, we're talking about an imaginary reality.

I played the game through when I got it cheap form xmas sales. It has captivating story and some light rpg-style elements like exploration, levelling, crafting and inventory. Story quality is comparable to walking dead (or even better) which was the best game of year last time.

The current dlcs are mainly rubbish multiplayer related. The singleplayer ones are not yet released.

Forget ps4, this is the best game ever released to ps3. Best is released last.

I must have missed something about that game, then. I watched a 20 minute youtube video - which admittedly was from the beginning of the game, but it looked like a completely on-rails experience with limited action gameplay. Also, I thought it was a really short game as well? Like 5-6 hours?

Maybe I'll have to check it out afterall.

Forget ps4, this is the best game ever released to ps3. Best is released last.

A bold statement. I haven't played it yet, but I've watched quite a bit of footage, and I wasn't impressed. I'll probably grab it for cheap if I get the chance just to try it, but I highly doubt it'll come close to replacing Dark Souls as my favorite PS3 game.

Last edited:
I wish RPGwatch wasn't so Kickstarter focused. Really ruined the site.

So RPGwatch should only pet evil EA, evil Ubisoft, evil Square Enix and alike instead of giving some space to indies?

The site is definetly not ruined by kickstarter projects, in fact I find it more interesting than before. The coverage of Wasteland 2, P./Eternity and others was not a fail. Even the coverage of kickstarted phonegames is not a miss, we need to know what is generally happening in the industry or we'll become just another online group of ignorant fools.

I agree with Joxer there, The Watch has been even more lively since Kickstarter became so popular....It also seems to me that we hear about more and more indies as well.

The one thing I'm not sure about is: Should I have replied to the comment about the state of RPGWatch? It sounded more like Trolling than anything else.

Ok, finished Last of Us. Even though I'm not into shooters at all, the story and characters in this game just rock. I even only had to lower difficulty from Normal to Easy in one battle :) Definitely recommended.

Now as for that fight…
The fight was one in which you turn on a generator (the first one in the game I think), and when you do, down come like 6 runners plus a bloater, and you don't have access to the flamethrower at that point. I tried the fight like 15 times and never came close. When I lowered the difficulty, it didn't spawn the bloater which made all the difference. How are you supposed to beat that fight in normal?

Last edited:
I'm not into shooters at all, the story and characters in this game just rock

Too bad it's console only game as I'd buy it now myself. I'm also antiFPS/TPS type, but enjoyed FC3 because of totally bizzare happenings and even more bizzare characters.

Too bad it's console only game as I'd buy it now myself. I'm also antiFPS/TPS type, but enjoyed FC3 because of totally bizzare happenings and even more bizzare characters.
Well there is always the chance of a late port. It's unlikely but it's not uncommon nowadays to see a few of them.

Didn't like it much at all, it's indeed very much an ""interactive"" movie. I wish these designers (and the players who are tricked into thinking they're actually playing something) would realise what they really need is something called "a movie".

A movie (even if animated) is just a FAR better medium if you want to tell a story and if you have some nice characters (which i will agree that this game have). But nooo, let's make it a "game" because it's more hip + people will have to spend more $$$ to watch it.

I have played many interactive games in my past that these games don't bother me. I agree with what greywolf00 said in the Ryse forum.
Is there a niche for games like this? Yes. Will they replace all other types on the market? No. As long as a market exists for the old, it won't go anywhere. Unless there's a large market for this new type, not many will be made.

Back
Top Bottom