SpellForce 2: FiD - Indefinite Delay

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well, you won't be suprised by JoWood's indefinite delay for Spellforce: Faith in Destiny (in fact, it's been delayed so many times it had already reached that status) but you might be surprised by the press release claim. They claim the delay is for additional polishing and it will be done "when it's done":
Vienna, Austria: March 25th 2011; JoWooD Entertainment announces the indefinite delay of SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny.

SpellForce 2 – Faith in Destiny has not been canceled, but further improvements & polishing are necessary. JoWooD Entertainment argues the rumors: "The official AddOn of SpellForce 2 – Faith in Destiny will be completed in due time", explains Reinhard Pollice, Producer JoWooD Entertainment. "Our highest priority is the quality of the game. The development is already in an advanced stage, but the game experience will be further enhanced in some sectors - like multiplayer stability. Due to this improvements the release of the game cannot yet be determined, we’ll go with 'when it’s done'."
More information.

Is the Spellforce franchise popular?

Is the Spellforce franchise popular?

I personally have played them since 2003 and there have been two games and four expansions. Unfortunately Phenomic was bought by EA and never made a good game again except for an online rts and browser games.

You can buy both for very cheap off gogamer or steam.

Last edited:
Didn't find time yet for two, but I sure loved SF1! Not perfect, but great fun and quite a unique blend of RPG and RTS.

I personally have played them since 2003 and there have been two games and four expansions. Unfortunately Phenomic was bought bt EA and never made a good game again except for an online rts and browser games.

You can buy both for very cheap off gogamer or steam.

$12 on gamersgate for Spellforce Universe. 2 days left.

But I'm not that much into RTS games...

$12 on gamersgate for Spellforce Universe. 2 days left.

But I'm not that much into RTS games…

Its never to late to try. The more genre's you play the more games you can enjoy.

Spellforce 1 was good but Spellforce 2 was fantastic. It is one of my all time favorites. I didn't like the addon though, too much RPG and not enough RTS.

Which reminds me: Is SF2 on GOG yet? If not I'll buy it the second they release it.

I bought the Universe pack (SP2 Gold and SP1 Platinum), for the price I can't really be angry if I don't like them.

More games that will sit unplayed on my PC for a while though...(too many games bought since December = not enough time to play them).

"Polishing"? Isn't this being developed by Trine? In which case "polishing" means "this game is as dire as Forsaken Gods, and we are desperately scrambling to make it remotely playable".

I bought the Universe pack (SP2 Gold and SP1 Platinum), for the price I can't really be angry if I don't like them.

More games that will sit unplayed on my PC for a while though…(too many games bought since December = not enough time to play them).

All SpellForce games are long according to today's standards. So you've got yourself some 250+ hours.

SF1 is a full RTS + a (nearly) full action-RPG + a lot of base building (-> Settlers). Total overkill. In some ways great, but there are a couple of weaknesses.

If it doesn't work for you move on to the 2nd game.

SF2 is more reduced, much more mainstream and simply a great game.

Make sure to learn the Click 'n' Fight controls. They're quite clever.

I really enjoyed Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars. I had originally bought it for my son's birthday several years ago but picked it up and started playing it myself after watching him. I got hooked on the game. Some maps played like an action adventure where you would use your party to clear the map, others required more strength so the RTS kicked in and you would have to build a base, gather resources, and produce troops. I didn't like the Dragon Storm expansion as much, though it was still a good game.

I loved the music in the game. Dynamedion used to have some of the tracks available for download, though that was years ago, don't know if they are still there.

Who is Jowood taking for a fool?
They *never* cared to polish their games, and now - suddenly - both the Gothic 4 and Spellforce expansions have to be polished and thus delayed - in the same moment the company is - once again - filing for banktruptcy. If it weren't actually sad, that people could loose their jobs, I'd give a laugh...

There aren't many left. 20-25 or so.

There aren't many left. 20-25 or so.

still more people than in my company alltogether.

Jowood reminds me of Karstadt (a German department store chain) or 1860 München (a local football team).
Going banktrupt evey 3 or 4 years and in need of financial funds - maybe it's actually better to pull the plug for good..*shrugs*

still more people than in my company alltogether.

Jowood reminds me of Karstadt (a German department store chain) or 1860 München (a local football team).
Going banktrupt evey 3 or 4 years and in need of financial funds - maybe it's actually better to pull the plug for good..*shrugs*

The really sad thing is that Jowood was a good publisher once and that they have good IPs. And that is what I don't understand.

I just hope that someone does pick up the IP if Jowood goes under. I was really looking forward to FiD and hope it will eventually be published since it is so near completion. I figure it will, that would be something that the creditors could use to try to get back at least some of their losses.

Back
Top Bottom