Cyberpunk 2077 - Reviews

@largh; I know what they said. I'm saying that either they are right and 40+ other outlets are wrong, or the opposite. I've said which I believe to be the case.

@largh; I know what they said. I'm saying that either they are right and 40+ other outlets are wrong, or the opposite. I've said which I believe to be the case.

You might know since we had this same discussion on the news thread. I just posted it here for those who do not read the news thread. Besides, in that citation, they confirm what you wrote: they are confused. Seems like most reviewers are. Well, we'll know more in a couple of days.

Yep it should be for those who pre-load the game otherwise it wil be added for new down-loaders and buyers automatically. To consoles also have a Day 0 patch as well.

This is going to eat up almost 15%-20% of my monthly download cap from Comcast.

How big is the download? I wonder if it's available on a DVD?
Around 70 GB with the Day zero patch over 40+GB so far. CDPR Tweeted the Day one patch should be larger. So at this point over 100+GB with all the patches to download.

So no it wont fit on a DVD. One or Two Blue Ray's according to different console releases.

So much for the drive space being less than I expected. :)

I wonder what's in that patch to make it 40GB. It's obviously a lot more than just bug fixes. They must have added a significant amount of content.

100GB isn't unreasonable though all things considered. Final Fantasy XV is 100GB, and that's a couple years old now.

The huge day1 patch goes to consoles.
A bit less size goes to steam.
The smallest will be on GOG as Galaxy doesn't use file replacing but file editing.

Anyone read the venturebeat review? They gave the game a 60 just because it wasn't open world enough. Here was the conclusion paragraph from the review.
It's like the food vendor that hangs out not far from V's apartment. His stall looks attractive in that cyberpunk/Blade Runner style that makes everything in the game pop. It has steam rising off the food and nice lighting. If I were walking through L.A. and got hungry, I would want to stop and eat there. It helps contribute to the feel of the world but that's all it does. You cannot interact with the stall, eat its food, or even talk to the owner.

It's just set dressing.

A lot of the game is just there to look good. And that's fine but it means I don't want to spend a lot of time wandering around the world. If the environment primarily exists to look dope in the background while I'm doing the quests, then I'll probably mostly stick to the main story, see what happens, and then bounce. It's fine to make a game like that for many, that's the promise of Cyberpunk 2077. It just wasn't the promise to me.
It's an RPG idiot not GTA.:rolleyes:

Link - https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-review-a-look-at-the-present-not-the-future/

That review is a joke:
Grand Theft Auto’s open world, Watch Dogs’ hacking, Assassin’s Creed’s quest-filled maps, Fallout’s combat and character progression, Mass Effect’s dialogue system, Batman: Arkham Knight’s crime scene investigations
Basically, the game is unplayable piece of shit Warner's Arkham Knight.
That's supposed to be a review?

"Grand Theft Auto’s open world, Watch Dogs’ hacking, Assassin’s Creed’s quest-filled maps, Fallout’s combat and character progression, Mass Effect’s dialogue system, Batman: Arkham Knight’s crime scene investigations"

Wow this seems great to me, taking a lot of very good features from some of my very favorite games (except GTA which is only okay at best in my view).

The only relevance reviews have for me is on how the game will be perceived once the dust settles, because many months ago I had already decided to play it. If I like the game (99% likely as an estimate before playing it), then I hope the game does well in reviews and sales so that game developers (not just CDPR) make more of these types of good games.

I don't care what these reviewers are on about, their agendas and personal expectations (GTA and immersive sims). I am excited to have a deep cyberpunk rpg and received my boxed copy today in the mail (PC version).

I will wait for fews weeks before playing to sort out my old PC (needs a better graphics card) while bugs are fixed.

Has the quality of reviews dropped during the past decade or two? I did not read reviews except for one magazine before 2015, so can't really tell and therefore asking. The quality seems crap these days...

Has the quality of reviews dropped during the past decade or two? I did not read reviews except for one magazine before 2015, so can't really tell and therefore asking. The quality seems crap these days…

Reviews were way worse in the 90s. To me, quality is only getting better, but you can obviously find a lot of crap online.

Edit: Both patches don't appear that big, 3.something GB each. Haven't even started DLing the 2nd one yet. The first one is of the variety that takes half a day to install.

Last edited:
109.25 GB was what the GOG Download was with the day one patch.:whew:

Back
Top Bottom