Two Worlds - Why I Love It @ Eurogamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
No, not Two Worlds II -- the original. Eurogamer has a piece titled Why I Love Two Worlds, with the author explaining his feelings despite the obvious shortcomings:
But there's something affable and lovably amateurish about Two Worlds. It held my attention and offered greater rewards than a number of more accomplished games.
There's a real sense of adventure; you can plod off into the wilderness to explore a landscape-feature viewed from afar, such as the game's Mage Towers. You might find an area ripe for your level and abilities, or you might find a situation in which you're hopelessly outclassed. It's risky, and that's kind of fun.
More information.

Im playing TW 2 and im having fun with the game , but TW 1 is a cult classic . I will re install the original when im finished .

Two Worlds2 would have been perfect, if they had combined the open world from the first, with all the mechanics and gameplay of the second.

Two Worlds2 would have been perfect, if they had combined the open world from the first, with all the mechanics and gameplay of the second.

Exactly. kind of what i expected from the game, disapointed how they made it so linear :( very unexpected.

I managed to enjoy the original, on console no less. I attribute that to five things:

1. At the time, I was desperate for an RPG.
2. I knew about all the game's faults; I had very low expectations.
3. I take technical shortcomings less seriously than most.
4. My sense of humor helped me enjoy a lot of its shortcomings.
5. I only paid a few bucks for it.

Im playing TW 2 and im having fun with the game , but TW 1 is a cult classic . I will re install the original when im finished .
Forsooth, even though the first game is flawed as hell, I still can't help but to love it. The second game had a bigger budget, and it showed. AAA games just can't give the same experience as games developed on a tight budget. With that said both are good games. They really succeeded with creating a huge open world in the first game, so if you think Oblivion/Gothic/any open world game was worth the money you'll not get disappointed.

I had a ton of fun with it, much more so than Oblivion. The only drawbacks for me were the corny-as-hell dialog. Aside from that, outstanding.

Exactly. kind of what i expected from the game, disapointed how they made it so linear :( very unexpected.

That is a fact.It could of been a great game. Some design flaws do hamper the fun.Whether its due to money running out or pushing the game out faster. Still an improvement to the first one but still lacking in the end.

Two Worlds 1 definitely had it's moments (and it's humor) but it definitely had issues, too. Even after patching.

(Though for 90 cents it's DEFINITELY worth it!)

Two Worlds 1 definitely had it's moments (and it's humor) but it definitely had issues, too. Even after patching.

(Though for 90 cents it's DEFINITELY worth it!)

I think the phrase "damning with faint praise" applies here.

"Hey developer, your game is definitely worth 90 cents!" :)

I'd go so far as to say it's worth $3.25.

I sort of remembered trying it and abandoning it a few years ago when it came out, but wasn't sure, so I tried it again and now I'm sure I don't like it at all.

I'd go as far as to say Two Worlds is worth 1 penny. :)

Actually it should pay me for the time I wasted wandering around in the most empty god-forsaken world I've ever had the misfortune to play.

Ok, that may be a little over-the-top. I've definitely played games that were worse, but not many.

The thing is it had potential. A lot of potential, but it failed miserably. I believe that's what annoys me most of all. It could have been great if they had skills that had actual uses to them. Come on, a skill that will unhorse an opponent AND THERE ARE NO HORSED OPPONENTS! What the hell is up with that? Or the swimming skill that does nothing but make you swim a little bit faster. Who cares?

Not to mention the world and how mind-numbingly boring it was. It's as empty as the Sahara desert.

I believe we're just joking around... That is part of what made TW1 enjoyable for me, btw -- a sense of humor. I think people who take gaming Seriously should probably avoid it, at any cost. If you can't lighten up and laugh at a game, this isn't the one for you.

I actually just started Two Worlds about an hour ago. And I just gave it up. It was stupid. Half the people talked with their mouths clenched shut and sPokE iN VerY StilTEd VOiceS. Despite my character's supposed reputation everything seems able to kill him faster than he can kill them, even wolves. How does anyone else survive? Thank goodness there are resurrection shrines every 10 feet!!

I actually just started Two Worlds about an hour ago. And I just gave it up. It was stupid. Half the people talked with their mouths clenched shut and sPokE iN VerY StilTEd VOiceS. Despite my character's supposed reputation everything seems able to kill him faster than he can kill them, even wolves. How does anyone else survive? Thank goodness there are resurrection shrines every 10 feet!!
Just fight near mana or health shrines, makes you pretty much invincible.

Back
Top Bottom