Getting destroyed in the ancestral nightmare dungeons. :(

I can struggle along then there will be a room of 4 or 5 elites that explode on death and do all sorts of horrible stuff and ill pull the whole room and get so much cooldown reduction I pretty much button mash and have a whole screen of numbers. But they'll all level 77 and you only get 4 revives before you fail the sigil.

Tempted to go back to T3 and farm some xp on easy mode. :D

Den Mother is nothing compared to ancestral nightmare dungeons. It's crazy hard. But I am 17 levels behind. That's a lot of paragon points I don't have. The good part is you can keep working on your renown on any tier. Could really use those rewards now.

edit: Also, thats only like tier 25 key and they go up to 100. I think in t100's the enemies are level 150?

Seems I couldn't put it down yet, and I managed to check off all Lilith altars in the whole game, by using a guide. And man was it was a lot of work.
But it really gave me a bird's eye view of the whole map. It's absolutely gorgeous. And huge. I think it's very likely 70-80% of the map is not even used at all in the main campaign.
I also loved discovering many of the areas from D3 in there.

Also, I cannot believe the guides that were made for the locations of the altar were done without loads of data-mining the D4 files, most likely. I cannot believe they were able to find all of them without internal knowledge.
Some of the altars are so hidden that even knowing where they are it's still a bit of challenge to find them. You sometimes need to be in a very specific spot in order to even be able to view the altar. Other times it's hidden in various spots.

Are they easy to recognize? You must have liked D3 a lot more than I did because I don't think I remember any of those areas enough to be able to notice them in D4.
Most only by name, but this one by how it looks, since it's the camp outside Caldeum.
View: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1666140902622887938

Now that I cleared all of Lilith's altar I restarted with a barbarian. Not sure how far I'll go, but I'll take it easy and try to explore, since while hunting for the altars I was really impressed by most of the landscapes. I'm sure there's loads of cool locations to find. Too bad they don't have more granual fog of war, as you explore.

Last edited:
I realize another thing I dislike about D4. Because it is a pseudo-mmo you can't have the enemies that you kill in the overworld stay dead, since other players will roam through that.
Now that I'm on a barbarian which, at least for the early game, is a slower killing machine I've even had situations where I had enemies re-spawned that I killed 1 min ago.
Having the enemies stay dead, at least until you die or quit the current session, was a nice feature of D2/D3 that gave some feeling of progress, of clearing out the map.
Now you can't really have that, neither in exploration, since unless you approach map exploration systematically you forget where you've been or not. And the enemies being re-spawned adds to that confusion.

And even in the open world, Blizzard is using a lot of dynamic instancing/player loading under the hood. The game isn't that crowded at all. You can even turn off cross-platform play altogether.

At times, it can feel like less of a multiplayer game than Diablo 2... no chat rooms for people to hang out in and little to no conversing during outings either. So introverted loners have no need to feel threatened.

... You can even turn off cross-platform play altogether ....
This is what I thought. I keep seeing people say they were forced to deal with other people showing up while they played. That hasn't been my experience and I disabled every online feature I could find. After reading all the comments here, however, I was beginning to wonder if it was because I was only in chapter 2 so far.

Is that the case? Can you completely disable having any other people online or does it change in later chapters?

I don't think you can disable seeing other players. Disabling cross-platform, going by the name alone, simply means that you won't be seeing console players if you're on PC.
I fairly rarely see players in the open world. It's only in the towns themselves that you usually see a lot of them. Or in strongholds that you liberate and turn into outposts/towns.

Is that the case? Can you completely disable having any other people online or does it change in later chapters?

I don't think you can, no. I will say that some of the most engaging content and a large percent of your playtime at high-level content, if not all, is spent in dungeons, there are over a hundred different ones, and they are all instanced, meaning they spawn for you, and anything you kill stays dead for that session while you can take as long as you wish to complete it.

Also, most of the key locations and scenarios you have to complete during your campaign story are similarly instanced for you, so you experience everything in your own bubble, without others getting in the way, including any cinematics, key encounters, etc.

With that said, you will find players around. It's an online-always, shared-world game. For anyone that can't get past it to enjoy the actual game, Diablo IV is definitely not for them.

I don't think you can disable seeing other players. Disabling cross-platform, going by the name alone, simply means that you won't be seeing console players if you're on PC.
I fairly rarely see players in the open world. It's only in the towns themselves that you usually see a lot of them. Or in strongholds that you liberate and turn into outposts/towns.
Thanks. Either I have been lucky so far then to not see anyone else or too early in the game. Ah well will enjoy it until then.

I'm like Woopi, except it's nothing new even if I noticed only with D4.

It's since many years that before all Blizzard games was also released on Mac, and they suddenly stopped from all to none. And if I remind well it started for some stupid reason, D2 or/and installer was in 32 bit and Blizzard decided no more Mac game ever because they can't run in crap 32 bit that should not exist since decades if Microsoft hadn't been dumb about that.

That said after a bit of investigation I don't care for D4 as I can't bear MMO at all, not any single since decades. And I don't care at all for other IPs and have big doubts that they can start a good new IP. Clearly Blizzard started the slope down any dev studio reach a day or another.

It's since many years that before all Blizzard games was also released on Mac, and they suddenly stopped from all to none. And if I remind well it started for some stupid reason, D2 or/and installer was in 32 bit and Blizzard decided no more Mac game ever because they can't run in crap 32 bit that should not exist since decades if Microsoft hadn't been dumb about that.
I think you're remembering wrong. Diablo 3 was available on Mac and so was Diablo 2: Resurrected. Diablo 4 is the first one that's PC only.

I think you're remembering wrong. ...Diablo 4 is the first one that's PC only.
Language problem, I was meaning a date, not an original release. All Warcraft series was on Mac, all Starcraft series was on Mac, all Diablo series was on Mac, all those games was still available for new OS and Mac. Last was perhaps Heartstone after D3.

Now none are available on Mac including D2 and Diablo 2 Resurection, Overwatch, D4. But I just checked, its possible Diablo 3 is still available on Mac and perhaps some Warcraft or Starcraft but I don't care anymore since long, I closed the RTS case since long.

It's not since D4 they stopped support Mac version of their games, it's many years before.

on Mac and so was Diablo 2: Resurrected.
Nope D2 resurrected never been available for Mac
Well copy/paste totally bugged if someone can explain me how edit really the post I could try fix it or not by boredom. So the first JRD13 is myself, erk disgusting. ;)

It seems first stop of Mac support was for D2 installer, then Overwatch then any Blizzard game but one mobile crap.

Last edited:
My hardcore character is level 72, and it seems like I'm well on track for making the cur to have my battle-tag carved into the statue, assuming I don't die - so no quitting for me, yet. That said, I hope they do something very interesting with the seasons, else I don't see myself doing this again. The leveling/gearing process is great, but when you've done it there isn't much incentive I can think of to do it again.