My HC character got abandoned pretty early on in favor of keeping up with my SC friends. But, judging but how many times I've died, I wouldn't have got far, anyway. I think in HC you want to play it safe and actually wait until level 70 or more to start WT4 but I wanted to get there early and died a whole lot to achieve that. Things haven't really got better from there since I'm constantly pushing higher tier nightmare dungeons to get more glyph XP. When you push high enough those nightmare mechanics will just oneshot you and a few of them are pretty hard to see when the battle is thick. Enemies exploding when they die can get pretty out of control for a trap based build like mine where I want to stay in my puddle of poison.

Yeah, it's a different playstyle. I got all altars of Lilith and Waypoints on my HC character before I touched a stronghold, let alone a dungeon. Constantly caring for your gear and upgrading it is paramount, as well as focusing on defensive aspects of your kit, which in SC most people ignore because glass cannon gameplay has no drawbacks.

Level 77 (softcore) and kind of growing bored already. There is currently no endgame and, due to the game's prevalent difficulty (and loot) scaling, there is little point to leveling after level 75-80.

I got bored at around 50, there is little point once you get sacred items to get better gear, you just want to get to level 70 to unlock the last tier of difficulty.

I'm still at level 6 on tier one ... I don't think this game is for me lol. I plan on at least finishing the story then will uninstall. A nice side diversion but not something I will get onto the hampster wheel for.

I got bored at around 50, there is little point once you get sacred items to get better gear, you just want to get to level 70 to unlock the last tier of difficulty.
I think I can agree with that sentiment, at the time, the game doesn't have much substance after level 50, with the main story finished. Right now I have a level 84 hardcore rogue, and I'm struggling hard to drag myself to level 100, just as a self-imposed challenge, but unless seasons are something special, I don't see myself playing much more until they release expansions.

With that said, I've recorded about 100 hours of play at the moment, some of them of which were high quality, including goosebump-inducing cinematics, so I'll say worth it.

I previously evaluated Diablo IV as a 9/10 game, I'd slide that closer to 8.5/10 now, not because there is a great difference between 9 and 8.5, but because I consider the endgame part of the experience, and I feel Diablo IV's endgame should nudge the total score down a notch.

At least at 50, you still have some item affixes to look forward to with level 70's ancestral item bases. Once you unlock (and find) those, all vestiges of the carrot on a stick evaporate.

Even the Nightmare dungeons that are a half-hearted copy of PoE's map system don't make any sense. The experience you get therein is effectively slower than just hopping into your local <easy> helltide for an hour - the disparity is practically an order of magnitude difference. And don't get me started on the entire game's loot tables just being copy pasted everywhere. I should not be finding Sacred items (or worse!) in a level 80 Nightmare dungeon, and I certainly shouldn't be getting them from The Butcher therein.

The game is in a strange state. At its core, it can be very fun - in spite of its myriad of flaws. But it almost seems like the producers in charge of the game's different departments were wildly varied in terms of competency. Entire subsets of the game seem like they were phoned in.

Yeah, I'm starting to get a little bored. I think there's two reasons for that.

The end-game activities are fine but they're sort of "gearing up" activities. You have enhanced world content, Helltides, to get materials for final tier upgrading and they're very generous with that; often giving you 50 materials. Then enhanced "nightmare" dungeons give you the glyph XP to level up the most powerful part of the paragon boards. Things are quite generous all around and I've always had elixirs without needing to make one, have a whole stash page of NM dungeon sigils without crafting one.

My item build felt more complete at level 50 before I started breaking it by using the uniques I just have to use because they're uniques. But I keep getting the same uniques and wonder where the best-in-slot helm is. Maybe it doesn't start dropping until I have access to the level 90 loot table, should one exist.

But there's no real objective to gear up for. Maybe the final pinnacle fight against super lilith but I don't think that's much motivation. The world bosses could have been the motivation, but they ended up just another easy but infrequent way to get the same drops you can get anywhere else.

The second reason I'm getting bored is as your character starts locking skills in via the paragon board all the experimenting with respecing skills leaves the game. Would be a whole lot of effort for me to redo everything to try a bow build now. So, every encounter gets handled the same way with the same skills and the only real threat is NM dungeon special mechanics or a few other on-monster-death explosions. The gameplay is becoming repetitive. All the dungeon bosses and the butcher have become trivial. I'll kill the boss at the end of a dungeon in 2 or 3 seconds.

Back in the beta all the bosses seemed to actually be slightly challenging. Like how danutz said he struggled with the den mother. I do understand that becoming an overpowered super high level character is "fun" and better than the monster scaling meaning leveling up just makes you feel weaker so they've avoided that quite well. But we don't have anything to really challenge us.

I'm reminded of Monster Hunter: World. I played that game a LONG time before I got bored and I think D4 needs to scrap the current world boss system and replace it with a monster hunter system. That would add the goal that we're gearing up towards. From 50 onwards add a new world boss every 5 levels and nightmare versions that go beyond level 100. It was so easy in MHW to head to the sign-post and see who needs help with a monster and just jump in and have a fun 20 minute battle, get some boss specific materials and head back to town. Then you could craft that monsters special set and get some new cosmetics along with various perks. This would fit perfectly in D4. However, the second reason MHW gameplay stayed fresh is because swapping weapon types was like changing class. If I got bored with sword and shield I could try out switch axe and I'd have to remember all the special combos and stuff and it was a challenge to land perfect hits. In D4 I could make alts but I'd have to grind them up and I'd still be left at end-game gearing up for nothing in particular locked into a handful of skills without much more than an evade button to think about.

It is early days, though. This is the foundation and it's solid. We know for a fact more is coming. Rome wasn't built in a day. Either was Path of Exile.

The question now is do I want to make an alt to get some new skills to play with or do I want to wait for the first season when I'll HAVE to make an alt, which seems like the ideal time to do that. But, I do worry about needing to find all the statues and grind all the renown again isn't something I want to do. If the draw of seasons is just a cosmetics battle pass with some renown-level xp boosts while grinding more renown unlocks I already grinded out and no cool monster hunter system with shiny red dragon armour to farm from said monster I'm probably less than enthusiastic.

Yeah, I'm starting to get a little bored. I think there's two reasons for that.
So Diablo 3 design scratching character persistent building was better? In practice the experiment was killed later because of equipment building a lot more static and requesting be adapted to a few builds in a class not all experiments.

The point is D2 was well suited to persistent character building and many replays just because you had the most of a build feeling through a relatively short replay. So come back to it was perhaps not the best idea for D4 no matter the popularity this choice drag in. But I suspect that D2 experimental players not only failed find this experiement aspect in D3 but are more and more a minority in Diablo like area.

Myself I totally agree that experiement new set of skills helped seriously play D3 by adding quite more diversity with an experimental approach, but at a point I doubt it's working well because of equipment building.

@Dasale
Well, the skills in D4 are not that hard to change around. I don't think it's very different from D3. Respec cost isn't bad. But the D3 paragon system was very boring. It was also endless and maybe better suited to the word "end-game". But the D4 paragon system, while much more interesting, does take a lot of time to reapply if you want to respec and at the moment there's no full respec button so you have to backtrack individual nodes which is hundreds of clicks and then do them all again. Then I might try bow and think it sucks and want to go back to Twisting Blades again. But I guess even having more than 2 melee cores would give me more options. I respec to Flurry every now and then but TB is better. Because I have a melee paragon board leveled up very high I'm pretty much stuck with melee unless I want to do 100 dungeons to level up my Marksman glyph.

D4 has decided "end-game" is from 50+ where you get paragon points until the level cap of 100. But what do you do at 100? Isn't that the actual end-game? I feel like we need a new activity beyond the enhanced world and dungeon content. Maybe introduced around level 80.

Personally, I didn't like Diablo2 system of replaying the whole game 3 times on higher difficulty. D3 system of having 15(?) difficulty tiers was pretty lame, too. I really liked when Path of Exile replaced the D2 difficulty system with 10 full acts instead of 4.

But, yeah, I'm not really complaining about the base D4 experience. It's short and sweet. The brightest flame burns half as long and all that. They could have decided to give you way less materials and stuff and make it take ages to upgrade an item over 2 or 3 helltides but they didn't.

Also, that whole monster hunter system I spoke of above would have to avoid becoming like an elitist Lost Ark raiding system where you apply for a group and they inspect your gear and reject you because you haven't gone with a meta build or your gear score is only just high enough and they're looking for overpowered people a couple of gear score below the next raid tier. In MHW you'd just start your hunt, shoot a multi-player flare requesting help and anyone could join your game so it avoided being stuck in town applying and applying for groups and not finding one. The last thing D4 needs is that sort of elitist mmo shit, so it's doing well to be smart enough to avoid it.

But as much as I ended up hating how Lost Ark end-game became a boring grind of daily/weekly chores, or getting out the credit card to buy the materials to literally gamble on 1% chance to upgrade where the "whales" in the game have spent, and I quote, around $700,000 USD to get all 24 classes to end-game, I do wish D4 had some of those difficult and interesting boss fights. Sure, they were insanely difficult and you'd pretty much have to watch a youtube video of the fight 5 times to even start to know how to do them... But me killing the D4 end of dungeon bosses in 2 seconds is pretty weak. The world bosses are almost fun but they're so rare and not really very challenging. It was cool in Lost Ark to have a new raid rolled out every few months. Even if I ultimately couldnt be fucked doing the daily grind and dropping a whole week of grind materials on failing upgrades and being tempted to just buy them. That's what killed Lost Ark. There was so much good about it only to be killed by the predatory upgrade system at end-game. But I do think a vastly improved world boss system could be the way to go to make D4 end-game more motivating.

Last edited:
Post Above

I feel myself in agreement with most of what you say here. I am hopeful that this version of the endgame is meant to be barebones on purpose, to allow the slower players or those who have less time to experience all the content, finish the story and complete all their account-wide Renown rewards before the actual "meat" is released in the form of Seasonal content. This is also when the Battle Pass will begin to count, so there are good grounds for hoping that's where the actual game will "launch".

But so far they have not shown anything other than the vague mentions in the pre-launch podcast where they said that Seasons would change things and be meaningful, and I wouldn't expect them to say "Seasons will just be more of the same with nothing exciting whatsoever", so we'll have to wait and see.

At this point I'm really done with Diablo IV myself, my gear is all maxed out within reason, and there is little else to do but to grind more for the sake of tiny increments on stats that are already well stacked, so I figure there are more rewarding things to do with my time.

Well, last I heard, only 163 people had made it to level 100 hardcore. You could keep going and get your name on the statue. :)

Well, last I heard, only 163 people had made it to level 100 hardcore. You could keep going and get your name on the statue. :)

I am level 86, it's an endless grind now, and I've hit a hard burnout. I just can't justify spending 4-5 more days hard grinding a game I don't enjoy anymore just to have my battle tag mixed in a sea of other battle tags that nobody will ever read at a Blizzard studio.

Some tips for new players.

CHANGE YOUR LOOTING OPTIONS

Looting options in Diablo 4 / IV. Item Label Duration set to 10 seconds and set to toggleable. Gameplay settings.

Nothing is more core to Diablo than the loot grind. Finding gear buffs your build, allowing you to effortlessly hack and slash your way through even the beefiest enemies. But in Diablo 4, you may notice that the drops “disappear” off of the floor.

By default, item labels will fade away after being on the floor for 10 seconds, but you can change the display to be toggleable. There will be a lot of moments where you’re fighting against enemies and loot will drop, but the fight will extend past those measly 10 seconds. You’ll “lose” your gear, but in reality, it’s still there on the floor, just not visible. Head over to the “gameplay” tab in your settings, and scroll down to the Item Label Display to set your desired settings.

YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY UNLOCK WAYPOINTS

A sorcerer stands near the Kyovashad waypoint in the Diablo 4 beta.

You can fast travel to any waypoint you’ve visited. Thing is, unlike most games, which automatically unlock fast travel spots when you pass them, you have to manually interact with it. The prompt is simple (press “X,” at least on PlayStation) but make sure to do it, lest you find yourself trapped, cold and alone, in the depths of a dungeon, getting repeatedly obliterated by a boss who seriously outranks you.

USE THE MAP’S PIN FEATURE TO GET WHERE YOU’RE GOING

Diablo 4 doesn’t allow you to move while keeping your map open — a staple of the genre — which can lead to a lot of time spent pulling the map up to figure out where the hell you’re going. But there’s an easy solution to all your navigation problems: the pin.

AD
If you pull up your map, you’ll see a control prompt for the pin (square on PlayStation) on the bottom border. Dropping this pin is like creating a waypoint, and your mini-map will display a red line leading you to wherever you want to go. This is great for finding main quest objectives, but it’s especially good for finding the Altars of Lilith scattered around the world of Sanctuary.

WEAPONS DEGRADE WHEN YOU DIE

There aren’t many drawbacks to dying in Diablo 4 (unless you’re playing a Hardcore character); checkpoints are generous, and respawns don’t take much time at all. Still, there’s one repercussion: Every time you die, your gear will degrade a little bit.

RESPEC IS FREE — TO A POINT

There’s no risk in trying out skills you’re unsure about, at least in the early goings. You can respec classes with no repercussion up to level 15. It’s an easy way to see if you like certain parts of the skill tree before committing fully. For example, if you’re playing a Sorcerer, swap builds between ice, fire, and lightning magic in the early goings to see which type of magic you prefer most.

After level 15, you’ll need to pay some gold. But the cost isn’t so expensive that you’ll never be able to swap your build to something else if you’d prefer. So experiment early, but don’t stress if you want to experiment a bit later as well.

DISMANTLE GEAR INSTEAD OF SELLING IT

You can automatically mark loot as junk (Square on PlayStation). Selling junk in bulk can earn you a decent chunk of change, but honestly, you’ll naturally earn plenty of gold through defeating enemies and looting chests. You’re better off dismantling your junk gear at the blacksmith. Every time you dismantle an item for the first time (say, an Apprentice’s Wand weapon), you’ll then unlock that item in your transmog wardrobe.

AD
The only caveat here is if you know you’re planning on re-doing your skill tree anytime soon — in which case you can swap to selling your items instead. The beauty of Diablo 4’s economy is that you can swap between selling and salvaging based on your needs. But if you’re just starting out and want to know which reserves to build up first, you definitely want to start filling your pockets with the magical materials you earn by destroying your gear at the blacksmith.

DON’T SLEEP ON ASPECTS

Aspects are passive abilities that you can add onto your gear to either add an effect or modify an existing one. You gain them by completing dungeons or extracting them from an item you own (more on that in a sec). These passives can upgrade your abilities, increase your damage, bulk up your defenses, or provide your character with more utility. Employing aspects is necessary to make your characters stronger and improve your build to easily take down the mightiest enemies.

While Aspects are mostly important for endgame builds, there’s nothing wrong with spending some resources to get your character going early on in the game — before you reach level 50. These Aspects can create an incredible power spike for your hero, allowing you to speed through some bosses and content that might’ve otherwise given you some trouble.

HOW TO EXTRACT ASPECTS FROM YOUR GEAR

Aspects in Diablo 4 / IV. Additional chain lightning propagations with the addition of this aspect. Sorceress. Red gear.

If you have a piece of gear with a passive you really enjoy but find a new piece of equipment with better base stats, you can transfer the passive over to the new gear. Head over to the Occultist in the northwest corner of Kyovashad and extract the passive from your old gear to receive the aspect (though this will destroy your old gear in the process). You can then imprint the aspect onto your new gear at the cost of a few rare crafting materials which you can get by salvaging your unnecessary gear.

THE SIDE CONTENT IS DEFINITELY WORTH IT

Renown screen in Diablo 4 / IV showing the possible rewards you can receive in that specific region along with the challenges/collectibles you must do to increase your renown

In each region of Diablo 4, you’ll earn Renown by completing a variety of challenges such as clearing Strongholds, completing side quests, and tracking down Altars of Lilith. After you hit a Renown milestone, you’ll receive rewards for either your current character or all of the characters on the realm. Some of the rewards include bonus experience and gold, extra skill points, more potion charges, and even Paragon Points, which will be extremely useful for the late game.

BUT CONSIDER WAITING UNTIL YOU UNLOCK YOUR MOUNT

Diablo 4 finally adds mounts to the series, and they seriously speed up your adventuring around Sanctuary. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to unlock your horse until after you mainline the story for a bit. Consider ignoring the various side activities until you’re able to travel around on the back of your noble steed, which should be when you’re between level 30 and 40.
You may delay some Renown levels if you wait, but you’ll seriously cut down on your walking time in the long run.

PARTICIPATE IN RANDOM EVENTS AROUND THE MAP

As you’re exploring Sanctuary, you may see an orange circle on your minimap. These circles indicate that there is an event taking place in the area. These events can range from protecting civilians, eliminating enemies in the area, or escorting a ghostly spirit from one point to another. They may not seem like the most enticing tasks, but these events are an easy way to get gear. A chest will spawn after you successfully complete each event; this guarantees gear (or the occasional unique).

PLAY ON WORLD TIER 1 (AT FIRST)

The World Tiers in Diablo 4 are difficulty levels, but they’re not “easy, medium, hard, and super hard” the way they may seem. Each difficulty level gives bonuses to XP and gold, but they also increase enemy health and damage. They’re designed not only for “good players” but “good players with good gear.”

Even if you’re someone who doesn’t typically like playing games on lower difficulties, you should play on World Tier 1 until you get some solid loot under your belt. Some classes — especially Druid and Barbarian — will really struggle in the first 30 levels or so against some of the campaign bosses on World Tier 2, and you’ll potentially waste a lot of time slamming against them if you still have bad gear.

The bosses and campaign monsters won’t just fall over on World Tier 1 or anything, but you’ll have a much better time if you aren’t decked out in Legendaries yet.

Some tips for mobile diablo​

Classes Reward Experimentation​

At the beginning of the game, the player must choose from six classes: Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, and Wizard. Some, like the Barbarian, specialize in brute force melee attacks, while others, like the Wizard, prefer ranged battles using elemental magic. All six classes are viable, though some are a bit more straightforward than others. By the way, I play as a magician:rolleyes:

The Necromancer, for example, is a highly flexible spellcaster capable of becoming a skeleton-centric pet class, a bone-wall building defensive monster, or AoE chain reaction nightmare using Corpse Explosion. Some classes may be better than others if min-maxing for PvP or PvE, but all of them have considerable depth and variety. The best starting choice is whatever the player will find the most fun.

Skills And Builds Are Flexible​

Though Diablo Immortal doesn't have extensive skill trees, it still boasts considerable variety in unlockable powers. As the character levels up, new skills will become available and old skills will grow stronger. In addition, powerful gear will enhance skills all the more, either by buffing the effects that are already there or by replacing those effects completely.

It's natural to find favorite skills and develop strategies around them in the early hours of the game, but it's advantageous to play around with new skill and build combinations. Even if a player doesn't think that a given skill will be to their taste and suit their playstyle, it's worth giving it a shot, as trying out new skills can reveal unexpected power combinations, letting the player best mobs and bosses that might otherwise have stymied them.

Health Must Be Managed Carefully​

The player has three health potions which are replenished on a cooldown. There is a brief cooldown period between health potion uses, too, so the player must be tactical when picking the right moment to deploy them in a fight. Killing enemies and dealing significant damage to bosses also causes red health orbs to drop, and collecting them will restore health just as if a health potion had been used.

There is no cooldown associated with picking up health orbs, so the player can snatch them up even if they have recently consumed another orb or a health potion. How difficult health is to manage depends both upon one's playstyle and how inclined a class is to play at the frontline. Whether one is taking blow after blow as a Barbarian or standing back and avoiding harm as a Wizard, knowing when to quaff a potion, when to snatch up a health orb, and when to retreat altogether is a vital skill for surviving certain difficult fights.

Unwanted Gear Can Be Scrapped​

Like other dungeon crawlers, Diablo Immortal showers players with loot. Killing demons, opening chests, and completing quests cause gold, gems, weapons, and armor to drop, and shortly after completing the tutorial, the player will find their inventory overflowing with gear. In other games, being loaded down with identical swords, shields that vary by only one or two points in a single stat, and dozens of common armor pieces would be cause for concern.

Diablo Immortal has an elegant solution for surplus gear. Any gear that the player doesn't need can be broken down at a blacksmith in the safety of a hub area. Doing so rewards the player with scrap materials used to upgrade equipment. Upgrading takes a considerable amount of materials, so the player should be grabbing every item they can and hauling it back to town to break down.

Side Quests Offer Fast Rewards​

While it's tempting to devote oneself to the main story, plowing through mission after mission, there are good reasons to depart from the main path and pursue side objectives as well. Certain portions of the main story are gated, requiring the player to achieve a certain level before proceeding. While main story missions offer significant rewards for new players, there are times when completing side missions may be necessary to grind out the last level or two before proceeding.

Exploration can reward the player with gold and treasure that will make strengthening them and completing the main mission easier. Challenge Rifts and Bounties can be particularly good for earning some extra rewards, helping the character grow in strength, and outfitting them with specialized gear to hone one's build. Because they refresh daily, Bounties in particular are a potent source of extra EXP. Diablo Immortal also offers daily rewards for playing and killing monsters, which can go a long way towards helping to slay the armies of hell.
(resours:https://gamerant.com/diablo-immortal-tips-beginner/?newsletter_popup=1)
good luck guys;)

I hope they fix Diablo 4 first haha Honestly, I mostly enjoyed myself going through the campaign, but I can't bring myself to do seasons or start up a new toon. Its sad, I'm already burnt out on this game and I doubt I played it more than 100 hours. I'm ashamed to admit how many thousands of hours I wasted on Grim Dawn (just as a point of reference).

I don't see any reason why they can't fix it though.

They got a lot of work to do. No endgame and horrible itemization have driven off most players. Furthermore, the first season (if you can call it that) was an absolute joke in terms of 'content', as well as being plagued by widespread gold duping for which they've disabled trading entirely. So much for first impressions.

I myself am done with the game until, likely, the first expansion. By that time, perhaps they will have bloodlet enough players to have gotten serious about its deeprooted issues.

That first season is really unfun, esp. if you compare it to some of the recent Diablo 3 seasons. A side of me wants to suck it up and finish at least the seasonal battlepass, but I just can't bring myself to do so. The rogue (supposedly the best class in the game) twisted blades levelling build feels too clunky to me. To the point I can't stand playing it.

Too much work with farming with too little results, too much reliance on RNG (this makes the corrupted hearts a really annoying mechanic) and so on. There's really nothing in there that's not unfixable, but I'm assuming it'll take a year or so to hammer all the kinks out. I'll check in on season 2, but to be honest, doing nothing is more fun than playing this game in its current state. I almost feel like checking in on Wolcen. Nah, screw that.