Are any watchers still playing this? How's the longevity and status of the game?
The game is excellent. I play Diablo since the first one and IV is a winner.

I play hardcore only and I'm on my ninth character. I have extensively played with all of the classes and it's impressive how different they are between each other. The realism, world building, ambiance, dungeons, it's all perfect and what I expected from a Diablo game, and the open world concept is a very welcome change.

Top tier quality, can't even compare with what came before (Path of Exile, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn etc), and I played all other ARPGs. If you are minimally interested in the genre, it's a must buy.

Are any watchers still playing this? How's the longevity and status of the game?
Game was very well-done for the genre, but near-instantly became unbelievably boring upon hitting level 100. Nothing left to do once the grind is done, unless you are into leveling other classes, or playing the seasons. You can't really even keep playing for better gear, because better gear stops dropping around level 75-80, so you'll probably acquire pretty close to the best you can get during the long grind from there to 100 (although there was a patch about a month after release that shortened the grind somewhat). Very different than, say, D3 on original release where you were just getting started with gear upon hitting max level. Of course, people that are seriously into that genre and enjoy doing the same stuff endlessly won't necessarily have an issue with any of that. For me though, I ended up quitting D4 much sooner than I did D3.

Last edited:
I haven't played since launch. I was waiting for Season 2 to see if they made any improvements as Season 1 was terrible, but I have very little hope, not to say none.

I haven't played in a month. Devs don't seem to have any idea about longterm gameplay and are making kneejerk spreadsheet changes based on Reddit outcry posts.

If you are interested in playing an aRPG for just 40 hours (not really the point of an arpg imo), the campaign is fun. There's little thought put into the content thereafter.

I haven't played in a month. Devs don't seem to have any idea about longterm gameplay and are making kneejerk spreadsheet changes based on Reddit outcry posts.

If you are interested in playing an aRPG for just 40 hours (not really the point of an arpg imo), the campaign is fun. There's little thought put into the content thereafter.

I think I'd be happy with one playthrough.

D1 I loved and D2 was very fun. My favorite diablolike RPGs I've played are Grim Dawn and Hades. I've played those for a few hundred hours each. D3 I finished once on all difficulties long after release, and it was fun for that, but not more.

I only enjoyed the beta of D4 a bit, but it was entertaining enough until I hit lvl 25 and couldn't level up any more. Then I quit and didn't even finish the first act. I think the level scaling will make me annoyed, but one playthrough will probably be fun.

The answers from you all have made me convinced I should wait for some more content and when there's a sale in a year or so.

The answers from you all have made me convinced I should wait for some more content and when there's a sale in a year or so.
If you approach it, as other posters seem to do, as a game that you can play continously for years, then maybe so. I played it as a game I would play through the campaign (plus doing tons of side quests) and then be done, and by that measure it was fun, satisfying, and worth the money. I think my playthrough was around 70 hours. That's plenty for me.

Don't worry there already working on part five which will sell millions while milking the playerbase of the fourth game. I've lost all respect for Blizzard for a decade now.

Is it still online only or did they provide a route for offline play?
They will never release another offline SP PC game. That shipped sailed years ago. Last time I was able to play offline SP was Starcraft 2, and that was patched out.

Your better off playing the console or switch versions which do have offline p!ay.

I've watched the 2h fireside chat involving the changes they're bringing in. It looks promising. But I'm still not sure the itemization will be significantly improved. We'll have to see.
I will definitely try it when s4 starts. But I'm mainly waiting for the expansion.
I always said wait for the expansion! Same with d2, d3, by the time the exp is out they'll have worked everything out.

S4 is looking very interesting. Seems like all builds are fire. The era of everyhing is OP.

I started with rogue in pre-season, then made a barb, sorc, druid, so I'm gonna try a necro for s4. Looks like the best time for it, too, since I've seen videos about how minions are finally good. There's a build where the skeleton mages fire your full bone spear as their attack. How can that not be insanely good? :D

I always said wait for the expansion! Same with d2, d3, by the time the exp is out they'll have worked everything out.

S4 is looking very interesting. Seems like all builds are fire. The era of everyhing is OP.

I started with rogue in pre-season, then made a barb, sorc, druid, so I'm gonna try a necro for s4. Looks like the best time for it, too, since I've seen videos about how minions are finally good. There's a build where the skeleton mages fire your full bone spear as their attack. How can that not be insanely good? :D
I've been really disappointed with the classes and more particularly their skill trees.
I find most of the skills very uninspired, for some reason. I only like the sorcerer and the rogue. And even for them, every time I tried playing a different build I tend to fall into the same one, since a lot of them feel meh.
Not sure what the issues is, but what's clear is that I constantly have issues picking what to invest my points in, since nothing jumps up at me.
Compare this with my recent playthrough of Cyberpunk, which after the 2.0 rebalance, I could not choose what to invest in since they all looked tasty to try out.

I've been really disappointed with the classes and more particularly their skill trees.
I find most of the skills very uninspired, for some reason. I only like the sorcerer and the rogue. And even for them, every time I tried playing a different build I tend to fall into the same one, since a lot of them feel meh.
Not sure what the issues is, but what's clear is that I constantly have issues picking what to invest my points in, since nothing jumps up at me.
Compare this with my recent playthrough of Cyberpunk, which after the 2.0 rebalance, I could not choose what to invest in since they all looked tasty to try out.
I haven't had a proper try of the necromancer, yet, but I've had good fun with all the other classes.

In CP, I didn't give it a proper play until the PL expansion came out but by then it was clear to me that melee was the way to go so I proceeded to fuck shit up with a sword and never looked back. If you didn't go sword you're probably missing out. :)

S4 I'm 100% going necro because it's the last class I haven't got to level 100.

D4, in general, just keeps getting better and better. I'm not sure if you got there, but end game is CRAZY rewarding now. The drop rate of uniques from the endgame bosses is literally like 90%. "Uber unqiues", not so high. But when you start farming the bosses to get the mats to farm the higher bosses the drops are absolutely mental.

Yeah, my next planned playthrough of CP will be a melee build, definitely.

I'm really not sure what class to play S4 with. Every start I had and I always resort back to the same build for a rogue.
I'd really love a sword and board, paladin style. From the looks of it we're not getting that with the first expansion, due to the jungle theme. But maybe we'll get a healer fighter or something, with ironwolf priest/warrior?