Report: Crysis 2 Leaked

I don't buy the "anarchist" thing. The majority are simply broke losers who want something for free.

Thats a low hit for we were all losers when we were younger then. Seriously piracy wasn't as big as it is now. Its the digital Age that brought it on. I recall my mother buying some vhs copys of some theater cams and they were in black and white. You knew you wouldn't get a refund. Now its all done on torrents and filehosts. Times change.:ahoy:

I could be wrong, but I doubt the majority of pirates are pre-job teenagers.

Your probably right. Be hard to find out since people wouldn't give personal info for surveys. Be interesting to find out though.

Well look at it this way… most people in that category probably wouldn't have a system capable of running many newer games anyways.

Pirates, at least the ones I know, are funny people. They don't seem to have any problem shelling out $500 for a high-end video card, but would rather steal a game than pay the $40-$50 for it.

Well look at it this way… most people in that category probably wouldn't have a system capable of running many newer games anyways.

Pirates, at least the ones I know, are funny people. They don't seem to have any problem shelling out $500 for a high-end video card, but would rather steal a game than pay the $40-$50 for it.

So they're broke people shelling out 500$?

Makes sense :)

That said, I'm not sure I understand what's funny about it. You can't pirate video cards, AFAIK.

Don't mention a new video card its about time for me to buy a new one. Only problem is do I buy a cheaper nvidia 400 series or the new 500 series? Moneys tight right now. Any recommendations?

What card do you currently have, and how tight is your budget?

I have a GTX 470, and I think it's an excellent card. I paid around $325 for it, but you can get them for $260 now. The 500 series runs cooler and quieter, but you're going to pay more.

I have an overclocked GTX 275. Bought it about three years ago. I'm willing to spend around $300 . Cant afford the 580 that costs $600.

How do *you* know. ;) jk
coz i played 7 or 8 levels on the xp witout any problem at all, but on my wife's pc with w7 had all kind of crashes, missing textures and freezes.
Game is fun, but not gonna buy it

coz i played 7 or 8 levels on the xp witout any problem at all, but on my wife's pc with w7 had all kind of crashes, missing textures and freezes.
Game is fun, but not gonna buy it

implied-facepalm.jpg

Just curious how quickly all you righteous types would resort to pirating, if you went totally broke. And I don`t mean "totally broke this weekend" or "this month". It`s easy to be judgmental when your balance`s fat.

If you torrent a game when you actually have funds for other fun stuff or use the "anarchy" excuse then no doubt you`re a jackass. There`s no need for it, even if your budget`s tight. Of course this means you` won`t play anything on release day and most of your purchases will be second hand, but that`s the deal. I`ve been doing this for some 12 years now, spending perhaps 60-100 quid a month. And that`s a lot for me.

But there`s also pirates all over the world who really are that poor. Are they losers? Heh, if so, I`m with them - rather be a loser than a hypocrite.

Also - a fun fact: 99% games that came out of Eastern Europe were written by former pirates. Obviously this applies to some percentage of Western devs too (something Rebecca "Burger" Heineman wasn`t afraid to admit in her recent interview)

The Witcher 2, eh? Cool game…

If you torrent a game when you actually have funds for other fun stuff or use the "anarchy" excuse then no doubt you`re a jackass. There`s no need for it, even if your budget`s tight.

Those are the people I was referring to, not the ones who are legitimately poor. I thought that was obvious, but evidently I need to reiterate.

I thought that was obvious, but evidently I need to reiterate.

It was ...semi-obvious :) Anyway, I just needed a rant moment.

I`m actually not at all chuffed it happened to Crytek. I was just about to post something about this sequel - playing the first one at the moment and it`s a revolution in FPS on Halo/H-L 2 scale. Crysis 2 seems to actually support PC with ton of dedicated features, as we know a rarity this days. Also it gives EA more ammunition to rap on about how shit PC scene is. I bet they look into options how to completely pull off - Rockstar did it already with RDR and they`re doing "fine".

Not good.

If you torrent a game when you actually have funds for other fun stuff or use the "anarchy" excuse then no doubt you`re a jackass. .

Why?

Because supporting the people who profit from the sale is always the "right" thing to do?

Personally, I really regret several of my purchases throughout time - and I wish I hadn't supported so much crap. I still keep doing it :)

But as long as the industry expects you to pay for something you don't actually know the value of, I'll have sympathy for a certain kind of piracy. Especially the try-before-you-buy kind.

What people and their little pretend-moral-high-ground have to say about that, is nothing but amusing.

Back
Top Bottom