Homefront From John Milus

i'm kind of in the same camp as Alrik on this on and the whole premise seems a little jingoist to me. also i'm not a huge fan of most shooters and not just because they lack a lot of choice and are so short. if some of the folks here though end up liking it and saying that its not just a short mindless shooter than i might give it a chance eventually. also i've never played a tom clancy game on principle because as Jaz said he is a mediocre writer at best and besides that the premise of the "kill the terrorist" games have no interest to me.

What does Tom Clancy have to do with Homefront?

nothing—i was just commenting on Jaz's comment. the only relation is that Homefront may be that's it a shooter i have no interest in potentially. Regardless I await your review.

I'm guessing skavenhorde will probably play it long before I do. While I do have some interest, I've got far too many other games lined up to play right now.

The next shooter I play will be Bulletstorm, and Duke Nukem Forever would probably be next in line.

I might get it right away but with Crysis 2 the week after I might not.

I kind of want to support them (supposedly) doing a lot of work on the PC version with a day one sale, but in the end do I need two shooters on the same paycheck?

Heh.. I actually forgot about Crysis 2 for a second, and I didn't realize how close it was. That will definitely be the next shooter I play after Bulletstorm.

well the only shooters that are to be realeased this year that i'm looking forward to are the new call of juarez:the cartel which just had its trailer released and is due 3rd quarter of this year and also dead island by the same dev techland, though i'm not sure it that will see a 2011 release. next year will be good though with the new stalker, metro 2034, and bioshock:infinite. also i am somewhat interested in brink but i am definately going to need to play a demo for it as the setting/premise isn't enough to convince me. bethesda doesn't have the greatest record on publishing games that aren't within its franchises in my view.

Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever and Battlefield 3 don't interest you? Wowzers...

I'm guessing skavenhorde will probably play it long before I do.

You're probably right ;) Especially since I won't be buying Dragon Age 2.

Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever and Battlefield 3 don't interest you? Wowzers…

Two out of three interest me. Not rally looking forward to battlefield 3. I'm also hoping Max Payne 3 is finished sometime this year without hearing about someone complain about his looks. Maybe he doesn't like fps games not everybody does.

Two out of three interest me. Not rally looking forward to battlefield 3. I'm also hoping Max Payne 3 is finished sometime this year without hearing about someone complain about his looks. Maybe he doesn't like fps games not everybody does.

Same here.. just give me Crysis 2 and DNF.

I'm with you on Max Payne 3 as well. I thought the first 2 games were great.

what interests me is when DICE gets working on Mirror's Edge 2 and i subsequently get to play it. i guess it was like an anti-shooter as well in that i played the entire game without firing a single shot. great fun and great art style.
i tried played max payne a couple of years ago and while the story and comic style was interesting the graphics and gameplay pushed me away after a handful of levels. never played duke nukeum back in the day and the humour is not really my style but if there's a demo i'll give it a try.

i tried played max payne a couple of years ago and while the story and comic style was interesting the graphics and gameplay pushed me away after a handful of levels.

Really? I thought the gameplay was one of the stronger aspects of the Max Payne games. The graphics aren't bad either, considering how old they are.

Max Payne holds up surprising well if you ask me... much better than most modern shooters.

I'm not sure if I'd be so quick to call Homefront a CoD clone. Although I can't say for a fact that it isn't.

It's getting fairly high review scores so far from what I've seen.

I'm not sure if I'd be so quick to call Homefront a CoD clone. Although I can't say for a fact that it isn't.

It's getting fairly high review scores so far from what I've seen.

Still like I said Im not surprised 5 -10 hrs is the usual length in a modern fps game.

ok guys, several things;

is this a satire on xenophobic americans who think china is overtaking the world?(cowriter in apocaylpse now makes me supiscious)

and

in reviews it is gunna be criticised for having a fucking stupid story but praised for having solid gameplay.

I mean seriously, who doesn't love red dawn....I think I may check this out when it's out.

Back
Top Bottom