Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Remake - Released

Pre ordered but haven't downloaded it yet.... Guess I won't, for awhile.

Still need to finish shadowrun returns. After a couple hours its alright doesn't seem very deep so far ( combat system)as others have noted. I'll reserve judgement though until I get further in.

To you it's not a big deal, to me it's something that should be discouraged by the audience. And the only way to explain those devs is not to buy the rotten phone/console inferior nosavegames design at all.

When I go to a movie theater and a coming attraction comes out for a movie I am totally looking forward to. I close my eyes and sing some kind of song to myself to prevent hearing and seeing any preview of the movie. I am totally looking forward to Elysium and have been practicing the Star Spangled banner for a number of weeks now. note to people - I sing in my mind - not out loud.

So where am I going with this? After I saw the initial pitch for ShadowRun returns, I ignored all developer updates, did not participate in any alpha or beta. And only generally scanned the only the message boards here (The Watch) on the game.

Thus, there was no way for me to make any type of decision whether or not to buy the game based on the lack of a save feature because I had no pre knowledge. ShadowRun was a day 1 purchase

So while not buying the product is one way of making a statement. Another way is writing an extended post to any who will read that ultimately says:

DEVELOPER, YOU MADE ME SO MADE WITH YOUR NO SAVE GAME FEATURE. I OTTTA . . . . Grrrr Me angry . . . .

note: Please Keep the updates coming on the patching of ROA

Shh… you'll upset rune_74 even further. :)

I didn't realize I was upset:p I think there is potential for the game if people use the editor and make some fun adventures. Strange I like games, heaven forbid that.

Ahh that's right you like to attache attributes to people to make yourself feel better:) Well, I will at least feel better that I don't share the same view of Joxer and you...perhaps you are the same person?

Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Anyways, it's just an observation. You constantly troll any thread where you see someone making a comment that you perceive as an insult to a game you like. Then you rant on about how they must all be "haters".

Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Anyways, it's just an observation. You constantly troll any thread where you see someone making a comment that you perceive as an insult to a game you like. Then you rant on about how they must all be "haters".

Nope, but nice try. I was actually interested in this. Like any other person posting in forums you notice something moronic said you tend to comment on it.

Nope, but nice try. I was actually interested in this. Like any other person posting in forums you notice something moronic said you tend to comment on it.

Interested in what? RoA? Your only comments in this thread were to bash the game.

But that's business as usual for you when it comes to anything developed outside of North America.

Interested in what? RoA? Your only comments in this thread were to bash the game.

But that's business as usual for you when it comes to anything developed outside of North America.

Nope, I'm bashing the remake not the original. Of course you think it's some bizarre pick on the Euro thing, weird because I played all three when they came out, wanted this one to be good but not shocked by the lack of info that it isn't. Hint, it's not crappy because it is a Euro game it's just a crappy remake sorry. Keep making shit up because it is what you do best.

I know you get pretty much free reign to go after posters here, so that's the last defense of my actions to you.

Nope, I'm bashing the remake not the original. Of course you think it's some bizarre pick on the Euro thing, weird because I played all three when they came out, wanted this one to be good but not shocked by the lack of info that it isn't. Hint, it's not crappy because it is a Euro game it's just a crappy remake sorry. Keep making shit up because it is what you do best.

Your usual bias against anything not made in NA has been obvious for long time. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's noticed it, especially when you've openly accused this site in the past of being too biased towards European games.

Anyways, I know you like to play the victim, so I'll stop picking on you now. :)

This site is Pro Euro, even if the game is crap. So yes, in that case I am. I'm fine if the games is good I don't care where it is made. You seem to though. Weird.

I guess it is a way to undermine me, why, I don't know.

For the record I do like the Gothic games. two worlds 1 and 2, The original Arkania games(which these guys butchered it seems), the drakensang games(even if they are very similar to NWN), Spent a ton of time on Spellforce 1 and 2. I backed LoD on kickstarter. It's weird it's like I like RPG's....strange that. I don't give them a free pass because they were made in europe...

I know, I guess I should feel the same way Joxer feels about Skyrim(I'm supposed to hate bethesda right?), but I just can't get past the hypocrisy of saying this game should get a pass compared to buggy Skyrim.

PS: yep, I responded to you, yeah victory you. Go get your cookie.

Ok first off: bugs are bad, but tbh. that's nothing that really shocks me anymore. Even big EA's Sim City 5 was RIPE with bugs and they have 100 times as many people and 100000 times as much money. It's sad, but really after all these years it's what I can live with, IF a game get patched within some weeks or months.

What really bugs me are two different things.

First: Why chose this crappy 3d graphics? Sorry, it's just bad, and not because it is simple. Might and Magic V+VI World of Xeen was simple, but it was good! Grimrock and the Shadowrun remakes are indie games with simple graphics, made by a small team and few money, and their graphic is fine. It's just horribly bad design.

Second: I am sorry to say, but the Dark Eye 2.0 ruleset from this game was ALWAYS horrible. I play the Dark Eye pen and paper for 30 years now, and everyone know this was THE worst ruleset. So much random chance to really suck. The entire Northland Trilogy parts 1 and 2 were even back then mostly rated bad, and rightfully so. It was cumbersome and tiresome. So why did they stick so much to a "classic" game which even 20 years ago was only for a super tiny hardcore niche audience? That's what I just dont get. Sure a remake sticks to the original to a degree, but there is so much we just left behind a generation ago! Like the entire random levelling system. Or how you roll ONE value on your stats to select and you dont see any other roll to really decide what goes where, no you have to put them BLINDLY. There is no quest target system, I stumbled through Thorval one damn hour to find this "Zeughaus" - in vain. God knows where this house was, I had no idea. So I stumbled blindly around without any idea what to do or where to go.

Yes I know the game WAS like that back then, but then was then and now is now. And as I said: even then it was quite critizised and only for a tiny fan audience. Why not implement SOME stuff from the modern era and stick entirly to this super cumbersome formula? I dont get it. I could even live with the graphics, but the terrible Dark Eye 2.0 ruleset it just KILLING it for me.

I still remember with nightmares how my heroes were constantly barefoot, because the shoes broke and were constantly sick with something. That was just not fun, and such stuff should never return.

Last edited:
Just wondering why this thread is all about Shadowrun and Kickstarter when neither apply to RoA. Surely a lot of you guys are on the wrong thread? /puzzled.

elikal's post just now was great, though, as it raises some more fundamental stuff which hasn't really been covered - ie. even if the game was bug free, is this "direct remake" what we really want to play. I don't know TDE rules beyond Drakensang and a few hours with Riva back in the day, but I'd certainly hoped that the remake would offer a few of the standard modern conveniences (tutorial, coherent introduction, quest log/clues, mapping and so on).

Your usual bias against anything not made in NA has been obvious for long time. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's noticed it, especially when you've openly accused this site in the past of being too biased towards European games.

Anyways, I know you like to play the victim, so I'll stop picking on you now. :)

Are you subbing for Dart or something? Is he on vaca? Lol

I can't match JDR when it comes to his particularly delicious brand of superiority complex ;)

That said, Rune does tend to orbit a very tiny sphere called PlanetOneTrackMind ;)

I can't match JDR when it comes to his particularly delicious brand of superiority complex ;)
Well I wonder, for sure both two are quite champions in that area. No surprise I always get a lot of troubles with both of you. :)

Seriously was it necessary to pinpoint it? I suppose some people like tend the gun to have them shoot.

Well I wonder, for sure both two are quite champions in that area. No surprise I always get a lot of troubles with both of you. :)

Seriously was it necessary to pinpoint it? I suppose some people like tend the gun to have them shoot.

I'm sometimes struggling to make sense of your words, unfortunately.

But, no, not much on this forum is "necessary" - I just enjoy poking fun at people :)

You can refer to the "terrible person thread" to confirm how nasty I really am!

As for you, apart from not making a whole lot of sense - you seem to have a lot of interesting thoughts on your mind.

I don't mean to be rude about it - but if you spent some time learning how to articulate those thoughts - I think you could contribute quite a bit.

This site is Pro Euro, even if the game is crap.

Even if it is - there are hundreds of web sites which are Con-Euro, even if the game is good. Remember how bad the reviews for German - or European games in general - were on some international gaming sites ? Did you ignore that ?

the drakensang games(even if they are very similar to NWN)

???

In what respect are they similar to NWN ???

Apart from that, there is currently only 1 thought going on in my mind : Who is responsible for THIS early shipping date ???

Still need to finish shadowrun returns. After a couple hours its alright doesn't seem very deep so far ( combat system)as others have noted. I'll reserve judgement though until I get further in.
So that's here the thread about SRR? Mods and admins here are rather lazy and should make an effort to sort a bit the threads titles (I didn't wrote the posts).

About SRR combats, not deep compared with what?

The design flaw could be a difficulty setting targeted a bit too low.

But have you really exploited for example:
- Heal spell healing only last injury.
- Ability to increase AP of 2 during some time, ie make AP jumps from 2 to 4 or 3 to 5.
- Ability to use some free shaman summons in some area, and manage summons and chance you lost control?
- Sophisticated close combat with Adept (Chi Casting), for example Counterstike to reply to all attacks, Killer Hands choice lost 1 AP for more powerful strike with fits, Mana Fist or Chi Focus one skill for two possibilities if you equip a close weapon or use fists, Stride lost 1AP to have more movement points per AP which can means something for close combat, and more.
- Many different spell supports, it's not pre buff because they are too short duration, but it's echange 1 or 2 AP for some positive support.
- Use for mages or more exactly magic user the source points to get bonus (need unlock a skill to see them but your mercenaries could have it unlocked.
- Develop a weapon profficiency to unlock more tactical choices.
- Exploit well ranges, angles, protections, and distances to manage your chance to hit and opponents chance to hit.
- And quite more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom