It's EA Hating Time Again

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Engadget sat down and interviewed EA Chief Operations Officer Peter Moore at GameCom 2013. Now take a deep breath, and relax as you might not like what he says.

The following Quote is from http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...play-coming-to-every-major-ea-franchise-moore
Visit the link for more info.:)
Moore emphasized EA's existing free-to-play efforts with its most successful franchises, Battlefield and FIFA, but said the company is looking to expand it well beyond those two.

"The ability for you to be able to interact with those franchises on a free-to-play basis is going to be part-and-parcel with every major franchise we do now," Moore said.

Another point of focus for the company is online functionality, as Moore has made clear in the past. The executive has championed moving the company from a seller of retail disks to a provider of "games as a service."

"We don't ship a game at EA that is offline," Moore said. "It just doesn't happen. And gamers either want to be connected so their stats and achievements reflect who they are, or you want the full multiplayer experience on top of that. We don't deliver offline experiences anymore."

Well In the end if he doesn't please the customers his vision isn't worth much. I can't wait to see who replaces him in the next few years.:)

Last edited:
gamers either want to be connected so their stats and achievements reflect who they are
Excuse me? All gamers are not kids who need to prove something with games.
This statement is a pure insult. I play games for fun, not to make a career out of it. Achievements? Couldn't care less for that thing - the only achievement I care for is finishing a game without being annoyed by poor design.
I'm definetly not filling his pockets on free2play cheap and retarded must-be-online game milking schemes he's planning to use. I guess he wants to say Sony (PS4) is crazy and Microsoft (Xbox) is smart.

Good luck with suckers that will pay for your f2p crap EA, you'll need it.

Unfortunately the younger and mainstream market seem to love F2P.

They will make money hand over fist with this approach.

I don't mind the online aspect as i'm always online anyway but I wish they would have F2P with the option to just purchase the game as well for those that don't want F2P.

Stats and achievements reflect who I am?? Jeez, can I hide my Saints Row achievements?

Of course, this is only a problem if you still play EA games. The best thing to do is to walk away and let them keep abusing the casual gamers until the gaming bubble bursts. Don't complain about it and then give them your money anyway.

Was there any reason to stop?
Yes believe it or not I still want to play Bioware RPG's. They are the only EA games I'm interested in. I think this emoticon here sums it up as many here despise their games.:lonely:

This statement is a pure insult. I play games for fun, not to make a career out of it. Achievements? Couldn't care less for that thing - the only achievement I care for is finishing a game without being annoyed by poor design.
I'm definetly not filling his pockets on free2play cheap and retarded must-be-online game milking schemes he's planning to use. I guess he wants to say Sony (PS4) is crazy and Microsoft (Xbox) is smart.

Good luck with suckers that will pay for your f2p crap EA, you'll need it.

You have to apply some interpretation to speak like the quoted section. Of course he can't speak for all gamers, he knows that, but as a business you have to generalise your markets to some extent or you could never make a decision.

You don't care for achievements. That's fine. You're not the market segment he's talking about, so close your ears for a moment and move on. There are other people who have different views ;)

Just consider EA to be in the same category as Zynga or Bigpoint and you're fine. I know I do as long as they insist on Origin and socialonlinewhatever crap. :D

They should replace their yearly sports series with free-to-play because the customers have allready bought the almost identical games many times over. If someone wants new roster he could just pay for it ingame.

I would like to see the reactions of NHL hockey fans.

I really don't get why people feel like bashing EA, again, for something they have been saying for over 2 years now.

This is nothing new.

The main demographic I saw at the Games Com consisted of people of around 20 years and below.

Older gamers ? You'd have a looking glass to find them.

Unfortunately the younger and mainstream market seem to love F2P.

I tend to believe this as well.

And the amount of older games ? Uninteresting, easy to alienate, "we'll make our money with the younger customers" I guess …

And gaming as a service ?

I am allowed to play a game ?

@Arik: Yes, you're allowed to play a game, but you're not allowed to own it. You rent it, either through micro-transactions or advertising.

I have to say, I really don't like the idea, but if that's their business model, so be it. They're unlikely to get my coin, but I doubt they'll lose sleep over that!

I have to say, I really don't like the idea, but if that's their business model, so be it. They're unlikely to get my coin, but I doubt they'll lose sleep over that!

The gaming industry's as undead as the music and film industries. The thing to worry about is how many good game makers will get devoured as the EAs of the world flail around in a desperate attempt to keep their profits up.

I have to say, I'm simply astonished at what people will tolerate these days. There is no game worth playing, imo, to allow invasive crap like that on your computer. Go ahead and cater to the rugrats, I actually have an income and I'll aim it at those that deserve it.

-Carn

Something is wrong as of today.
Sims4 is available for preorder. Says this on the official site FAQ (http://www.thesims.com/en-us ):
Will there be an online component to The Sims 4?

There will be additional fun and social gameplay elements for players who choose to go online (more to come on that later on) but the core game is designed to be played offline. It’s up to the player to choose how they want to play.

—-

Will The Sims 4 require a persistent online connection?

You will not require a persistent online connection to play The Sims 4.
Did EA soften the attitude in the meantime or xbox always online debacle tought them a lesson?

The main demographic I saw at the Games Com consisted of people of around 20 years and below.

Older gamers ? You'd have a looking glass to find them.
But Alrik, if I still had 20 instead of 200 (O_O) there is no way I'd prefer always online crap. It's possible I'd be interested into achievements, but really what could I do with some crappy EA game achievement compared to a player who competes in League of Legends professional league?

I really don't get why people feel like bashing EA, again, for something they have been saying for over 2 years now.

This is nothing new.
Because he is talking about turning more games into only F2P games. Last time EA said every game would have MP. Two completely different things.

If your fine with then it's fine.It seems me and apparently others are not. ;)

At this point it would be hilarious if the one year delay for Dragon Age Inquisition was to turn it into a F2P game. I can imagine the outrage.:mwahaha:

Something is wrong as of today.
Sims4 is available for preorder. Says this on the official site FAQ (http://www.thesims.com/en-us ):

Did EA soften the attitude in the meantime or xbox always online debacle tought them a lesson?

No they decided to play it safe after the SimCity debacle, but don't worry they didn't learn a thing. They never do.:shakefist:

Back
Top Bottom