Dragon Age - Free On EA Origin

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dragon Age is being offered for free by EA until October 14th. You will need an origin account to download, and play. Also this does not include the Expansion & DLC.

Thanks go to the multiple posters for the links on various threads.

Discover the true path of a hero and download Dragon Age: Origins to your PC. In this third-person heroic fantasy, you return to the days of character sheets and attribute plans that shaped the paths of your favorite roleplaying games. Build a last-of-his-kind crusader destined to save the world from the terrible blight of the Darkspawn.

Thedas lies weakened, ripe for the Darkspawn to creep into its lands virtually unnoticed. The sinister Arch-demon is assembling minions to draw the world to the brink of destruction. The legendary Grey Wardens have served as the last line of defense for Ferelden, but after centuries with no trace of the Darkspawn, their numbers have grown dangerously sparse. The Arch-demon has slipped from the minds of the kingdom, and the conscripts of the Grey Wardens have all but disappeared. The kings of the land, distracted by the realities of civil war and internal power struggles, remain oblivious to the signs of the Blight’s return.

Choose from three races — human, elf and dwarf — and three fighting classes — warrior, rogue and mage. Your initial choices determine your outward appearance, which changes the way others perceive you. Travel from town to town, searching for traveling companions to aid in your struggle to save the countryside from the forces of evil. Your actions ultimately shape the hero you will become, as you venture through the world. You are the master of your destiny; the fate of Thedas hinges on the choices you make.
More information.

You can get the promotional items for Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 from Bioware for free from this page http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/ . Enjoy!
Thanks for the link.:)

Still the catch is you must already own all three games as they are not giving away the other two games for free. Also the major DLC is not part of the giveaway either.

You don't need to own any of the games to activate the items in your account. Just login into Origin, select the platform and redeem them. If you later buy any of the games, the items will be there.
This bundle do not include any of the DLC, just the promotional items.

You don't need to own any of the games to activate the items in your account. Just login into Origin, select the platform and redeem them. If you later buy any of the games, the items will be there.
This bundle do not include any of the DLC, just the promotional items.
I already bought and own the games & all their DLC from past sales so I'm fine. It's nice that they allow you to own the DLC without having the games though.

So thanks for your reply once again:)

Ahh, well I have been wanting to try this... but it hasn't worked togheter with my EA boycott... I guess I can't boycott something they are giving away for free :)

You can get the promotional items for Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 from Bioware for free from this page http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/ . Enjoy!
Cool, thanks. I noticed that some of the DAII items have to be installed manually and will not just appear in your account (basically all those that have double entries for PC and Mac). I didn't check for DA:O yet.

Ahh, well I have been wanting to try this… but it hasn't worked togheter with my EA boycott… I guess I can't boycott something they are giving away for free :)
I think you can also still not-boycott the time waster "Bejeweled 3".

Why don't they just throw in DA2 as well? That game is close to worthless anyway :)

If it is as bad as I heard, they probably don't want it to promote Dragon Age Inq.

I think you can also still not-boycott the time waster "Bejeweled 3".

No matter how bad Origin is (and is superbad), Bejeweled 3 is lightyears away from Candy Crush scandal on phones/facebook.
Bejeweled 3 is install, play, no restrictions, no spamyourcontacts needed, no pay2win crap.

Why don't they just throw in DA2 as well? That game is close to worthless anyway :)

Nopes it isn't. Bioware did a good job in terms of game narrative, avoided the "save the world" cliché for a change and presented both Mage and Templar sides in a compelling manner, highlighting both positive and negative sides of each faction. Conflict presented in DA2 is base for DA-I (in adition to Fade rifts).

I'm aware of problem of DA2, namely enemy waves and recycled areas, and how ultimately you have to fight BOTH the factions in the end…still, Bioware needs to be lauded for things they set out to do differently and succeeded in some cases.

No matter how bad Origin is (and is superbad), Bejeweled 3 is lightyears away from Candy Crush scandal on phones/facebook.
Bejeweled 3 is install, play, no restrictions, no spamyourcontacts needed, no pay2win crap.
Agreed. Despite my wording, it was just a friendly reminder to grab that, too, while you are already there. And it is a time waster. "OK, let's just do one more map…"

That message was sent and received ages ago ;)

Casuals and mainstreamers are immune though.

Yes, but they probably don't want to give a reminder.

Honestly, I think they're (deliberately) oblivious to that segment of the audience. In their minds, DA2 was a good game - and they might not want to give it away because they expect people to buy it after playing DA:O.

Honestly, I think they're (deliberately) oblivious to that segment of the audience. In their minds, DA2 was a good game - and they might not want to give it away because they expect people to buy it after playing DA:O.
I'm sure that this idea is mostly spot-on, although I think they are not completely oblivious regarding the disappointed DA:O fans, given some of their statements during development of the new game. But yes, leaving out game #2 was also something they did for the Dead Space games in their Humble Bundle, which means it would fit the pattern.

It's my understanding that the events in the first game are far more applicable to DAI than Bob's "rags to riches" story from DA2 (or whatever his name was). This will at least give folks the opportunity to reset their choices should they not wish to rebuild it with the Keep thing.

DA:O was a decent enough game. It's worth a try if you like party-based CRPGs and haven't played this one before.

I'm also one of those who still enjoyed DA2, despite its detractors. :p

Back
Top Bottom