Legends of Eisenwald - 50% Off on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Couch, any idea on release date for this ?

It seems like I backed this 10 years ago ….
Unfortunately no it seems the project has been set back multiple times so I'll guess, and say sometime next year. The developer has posted constant updates on the website.

We tried to push for release now, in October. But that would have amounted to what some other games on Steam did - just proclaimed the game ready despite not being done. DF9 is a particularly good example to that. So, we keep working and will release early next year. New interface is almost done with fixing bugs, and other tasks are also in process. All chapter content is ready in Russian and mostly in English and being translated into other languages.

Thanks for letting us now.

Thanks so much for letting us know - I am not sure when I will play, but this was an easy entry point for me to click to support you guys and your efforts!

This is a game that definitely deserves to succeed, however it is kinda bad for the backers to see Johnny come latelies benefiting from a much bigger discount.

This is a game that definitely deserves to succeed, however it is kinda bad for the backers to see Johnny come latelies benefiting from a much bigger discount.

It's really not. If you backed the game or bought it early on in early access (like I did), you might have paid $15 for it (as I did). $10 isn't that much of a difference, and as a late backer/early player, I'm personally not bothered by the discount.

Aubrielle's preview made me curious about this game, this offer and Aterdux' comment persuaded me. Bought! :)

Generally I don't really care about a game's price, but I'm still not sure if I'll play this one. I'm sure though that it should be supported.

Aubrielle's preview made me curious about this game, this offer and Aterdux' comment persuaded me. Bought! :)

Generally I don't really care about a game's price, but I'm still not sure if I'll play this one. I'm sure though that it should be supported.

That is pretty much where I am at - I haven't bought Wasteland 2 or Risen 3 yet, really not doing much gaming these days ... but I want to support these guys.

It's really not. If you backed the game or bought it early on in early access (like I did), you might have paid $15 for it (as I did). $10 isn't that much of a difference, and as a late backer/early player, I'm personally not bothered by the discount.

I was one of the earliest backers as well.

I'm not really bothered, but I can see why some could be.

Super cheap, tempted to buy this despite not yet having played my copies of Blackguards, Age of Wonders III, Wasteland 2, XCOM: Enemy Within, and oh so many others.

Ugh.

Super cheap, tempted to buy this despite not yet having played my copies of Blackguards, Age of Wonders III, Wasteland 2, XCOM: Enemy Within, and oh so many others.

Ugh.

They are fighting the good fight for gaming, their cause is just and deserves your patronage.

When Steam guys offered us to put our game at Daily Deal in January we declined because we thought we would release sooner and wanted. However, now in retrospect I see it as a mistake. Some extra visibility few months after the release wouldn't have hurt. We tried hard to protect the value of the game and backers in particularly but anyway our community probably got tired of waiting and didn't seem to care much. We were on a Daily Deal back in August and the money from that sale in particulare keeps us going. We will participate in the Christmas sale. At some point we will raise the price once more towards the release.

If we could go on without sales, we would. And daily deal kind of sales are not just money, it's super big visibility. Almost 10k people added our game to their wishlists when the game was on Daily Deal. Thinking of other things to do where to get money for launch marketing, with current situation on Steam it doesn't look very good for indies.

It's on my wishlist too, thanks to Aubrielle's review, but I generally don't buy Early Access games. Not sure how I missed the KS though, because I feel like I would have backed that...

Ah, what the hell... It's 50% off right now, that's probably less than I would have given to the KS. So there. Bought.

I hope I haven't steered anyone wrong. And I hope everyone that buys it right now enjoys it as much as I have!

I hope I haven't steered anyone wrong. And I hope everyone that buys it right now enjoys it as much as I have!

If not, of course, it is all your fault. Hope you enjoy knowing you are personally responsible for our gaming satisfaction! haha :)

It was a great preview and the game looks excellent. Some will like it, and chances are others will not. That is life - look at the whole Dragon Age discussion!

Back
Top Bottom