So disappointed I could cry

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_expansion_pass

Did Ubi buy them perhaps? Next thing I'll see is probably uPlay client DRM.
I still won't cancel the game preorder, but I can promise you - there will be no Cyberpunk preorder from me. I do not and will not support this kind of business, whatever kind of "pass" it's named.

Sorry Joxer, if you don't cancel your order then you support and endorse this business practice.:lol:

It's called a pass, but it seems like a different sort of thing - a preorder of two specific expansions, adding about 30 hours of content. Seems fair enough to me.

No, I actively support game preordering from a trusted developer.
A game.

But season passes? Kill me if I buy one unless it's packed in some 10 bucks complete edition where you get the game, all DLC, all OST, all digital art and all everything.

And that's for just buy after people were scammed initially. If I ever preorder such thing, feel free to cut a piece by piece from me so I continue to live in agony next few decades.
Why did I mention Ubi up there dunno… They cancelled Unity season pass and refund the cash back to people who allowed to be scammed. Can't believe Ubi in my eyes today looks more positive than noDRM company.

A quote from TW forum, someone got exactly how I feel:
forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34568-Hearts-of-Stone-amp-Blood-and-Wine-two-massive-expansions-for-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt?p=1591388&viewfull=1#post1591388
the white knight has fallen, the dream has ended, and so another fairy tale ends

It's basically a pre-order for two expansions at a reduced price. I think they could have named it better and waited for The Witcher 3 to be released before announcing it though.

Especially after they promised a boatload of free DLC. Talk about bait and switch. Very disappointed in CDP. May even effect my intent to buy on day One…

Last edited:
See since it's CDPR it's called an expansion pre-order. When Ubi or EA does it it's called season pass DLC.;)

Sorry, I'm just having too much fun with this. I get it's a real issue for some people.

For me personally though I have no problems with DLC , season pass, etc. They can sell their product any way they like and I can decide to buy it or not.

It is a bit surprising though because i remember reading somewhere that they did the 16 free DLC's to poke fun at the business practice and show they could be released for free.

Also, when will dev's realize to announce this stuff a little after release. Now they've set themselves up for the whole cut content nonsense.

Same, I'll be waiting on a bundle now, somewhere down the line when I can get it cheap. I'm not that interested in W3.

See since it's CDPR it's called an expansion pre-order. When Ubi or EA does it it's called season pass DLC.;)

I don't know any Ubi/EA season pass DLC that contains 20 hours long story expansion.

Would you guys like some cheese to go with that whine? :)

God forbid CDP let it be known that they're going to release add-ons later. What is the world coming to?

stephen-colbert-popcorn-gif.jpg

Nothing wrong with DLC and nothing wrong with expansions, as long as the content provided is worth it and not just a quick cash-in. And as long as it's not cut from the actual game. Personally I think it's worth it, and I too long for the times when expansions were actual game content, and not just throw-away content. And CDPR seem to be getting that.

It's funny that people just can't see the difference between practices of CDPR and Ubisoft/etc.
Their message couldn't be clearer: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/991
“While we’re offering the Expansion Pass now, we want to make one thing clear: don’t buy it if you have any doubts. Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call,” Iwiński concludes.

What exactly is wrong with offering people that want to take the plunge and support CDPR the opportunity of doing so. Full disclosure, I've already purchased it. So I may be biased.

Yep, I'm not worried about DLC's; I'm mostly in favor. It's just that I'm not all that into W3, so I can wait to get it all in one deal. I've never been a big fan of playing a scarred albino geriatric, so no urgency. If you guys are all blown away by it, I may change my mind.

My guess is they had plenty of time to create more content since the game was basically finished last year. It just needed more time to fix bugs, and correct other errors.

At least each is offering more content than what other developers release as DLC. Even Obsidian announced last week they will be releasing an expansion in two parts.

Don't look now suddenly the watch is pro DLC.:lol:

Ok, I'm done.

On a serious note though If I do buy these it will probably be much later unless the game just knocks my socks off. I mean after 200+ hours of Geralt, do I really need 30 more?

Especially since I plan on playing the first 2 first. So probably 300 hours of Geralt.

I really enjoyed W1, but W2 I never finished.I just couldn't get into it. I need to give it another go someday. I completed Chapter One I think but didn't really care for either faction that you had to pick during 2. Just got bored with the whole idea. I need to be able to relate to my character and I would just never pick a Geralt-type ever.

One of these years I might actually play W2 which I pre-ordered and downloaded but never found time to install. Oh for the good old days when only one decent game came out each year!! :)

It is unfortunate that they announced it before the game was released but as long as we don't buy it I don't see a problem. There is a lot of things that we can't really change as a consumer but the answer to Season Passes is pretty simple: don't buy them and wait for the release of the game first. They even said so in their statement as danutz_plusplus pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom