Final Fantasy IX - Coming to PC

Aubrielle

Noveliste
The PC release of Final Fantasy IX has been confirmed. It will come to Steam in 2016. Sadly, that's about all we know right now.

In the past few months several Final Fantasy games have made their debut on Steam, with Square Enix announcing that more entries of the series will be coming on PC in the future. Earlier today, the Japanese publisher has confirmed that another classic entry of the series will be made available on Steam during 2016, the PlayStation classic Final Fantasy IX.

The Final Fantasy IX PC port has been reveale earlier today with a brand new trailer. The trailer features some CG sequences taken from the game as well as plenty of gameplay ones, showcasing the enhanced graphics of this new version of the game. Square Enix has also confirmed that Final Fantasy IX is also going to be released on iOS and Android during 2016.
More information.

More information.

I might have to give this another go. I played it on the PS2 since they were backwards compatible as I never had a PS1 to play it on, but I never finished it. I remember hating the frequency of the random encounters, so that might have something to do with why I didn't finish it.

I tried to play this one. I tried hard. There was something about it, kinda like a bad smell, that kept putting me off. Eventually, somewhere between a third and halfway through the game, I gave it back to whoever I borrowed it from and mostly forgot it. I think it was one of my least favorite Final Fantasy games, and to me, kind of a microcosm for what exactly SquareEnix did to Final Fantasy after their merger…

Though, admittedly, I think I see FFX as the ultimate microcosm of that.

Wow, this was a shocker. For the longest time, the rumor was that Square/Enix no longer had access to the code from those old PS1 games (I guess this debunks that).

I thought this would be the only FF game not to make it to Steam. I enjoyed it the first time around (many moons ago) and would be up for another try.

I'm guessing the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster will be in the cards next. I know there was a rumor that it was found in the Steam database, and the upcoming release of FF9 further points in that direction

Regarding FF9 - at least the interface doesn't look as overtly iOS as the past games. Definitely a plus

I'm guessing the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster will be in the cards next. I know there was a rumor that it was found in the Steam database, and the upcoming release of FF9 further points in that direction
Square has already filed a trademark on Steam for a PC release of Final Fantasy X/X-2, but hasn't officially announced it yet. So it's just a matter of time till they do.:)

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31740

Ohhh yes. Oh, yes. I'd definitely agree that FFX/X-2 will absolutely come to Steam. SquareEnix sees how well their titles sell on PC, and X/X-2 were some of the highest-selling FF games. They'll launch on Steam for sure, and when it happens, it'll be with a lot of pomp and fanfare. :)

Ohhh yes. Oh, yes. I'd definitely agree that FFX/X-2 will absolutely come to Steam. SquareEnix sees how well their titles sell on PC, and X/X-2 were some of the highest-selling FF games. They'll launch on Steam for sure, and when it happens, it'll be with a lot of pomp and fanfare. :)
Hell yes I'll take a high five now.:highfive:

I wonder if Final Fantasy 12 will eventually get a PC release on Steam?o_O

I would think it would just be a matter of time, right?
I hope it does as it was the first Final Fantasy game that used a different narrative style, and battle system. Years later I still recall how the fans were divided on it's release.

I hope it does as it was the first Final Fantasy game that used a different narrative and battle system. Years later I still recall how the fans were divided on it's release.

My wife has been on me to play it for years now, and I've yet to get around to it. The l-o-o-o-o-n-g intro sequence put me off a little, but she's promised me that it would be worth it in the end...

My wife has been on me to play it for years now, and I've yet to get around to it. The l-o-o-o-o-n-g intro sequence put me off a little, but she's promised me that it would be worth it in the end…
Yeah FF 12 has a long intro and prologue, but once it's over the game picks up. One feature I loved about it was that no NPC was the main character.

It also had some epic battles that took a few hours to complete. You should also check out this new PSP Vita remake called Final Fantasy Adventure from Japan.

Link - http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/1...-game-is-a-remake-for-ps-vita-and-smartphone/

Last edited:
I tried to play this one. I tried hard. There was something about it, kinda like a bad smell, that kept putting me off. Eventually, somewhere between a third and halfway through the game, I gave it back to whoever I borrowed it from and mostly forgot it. I think it was one of my least favorite Final Fantasy games, and to me, kind of a microcosm for what exactly SquareEnix did to Final Fantasy after their merger…

Though, admittedly, I think I see FFX as the ultimate microcosm of that.

I couldn't have said it better. I didn't like this one at all...especially the characters who are overly silly and cartoonish compared to the earlier games. I managed to finish it, but I have zero desire to ever play it again.

It was the last FF title I played to completion. I never had much interest in the series after that.

You should also check out this new PSP Vita remake called Final Fantasy Adventure Game from Japan.

Whoa! I had no idea this existed! That's really awesome, actually!

Couldn't agree more with most of the posters in this thread. I finished 9 and kinda enjoyed it, but it just lacked something. I felt fairly flat and "meh" throughout playing, and nothing really moved me from start to finish.

9 is the most forgettable FF game to me. Even the ones I hated such as X-2 stick in my memory more.

I totally did not cry when I played this game. Nope, I'm a macho man, someone in my neighborhood must have been peeling onions. Yes, that was it, I did not cry, or the air was just too humid around my cheeks, and condensation and all that.
9 is my 2nd favorite after 10, then 7.

They didn't announce VIII yet, but already announced IX? Tsk, tsk.

That said, VIII was already released on PC before, as well as VII, so that must be the reason.

You should also check out this new PSP Vita remake called Final Fantasy Adventure from Japan.

Nice find Couchpotato! I'm one of the very few who played Final Fantasy Adventure on the Gameboy way back when. I loved that game! I hope they translate it for America. Being the first Mana game, it and Secret of Mana (one of my top games of all time) are just super-fun, light-hearted grand adventures. Good times!

Back
Top Bottom