Raven's Cry - Removed From Steam...Again

I'm not sure what to think.

Things I do know:

- As I said in another thread, my review was not fake and it's positive.

- Official topware forums are defunct for about two months already. Why? Fake reviews also caused it? Bah.

- There is absolutely no official word on game removal from steam store. The game is still playable by us who have it, steam forum and game guides are not removed.

- Angry Joe rides again and puts RC as the worst game of the year, based on his previous worst game choices he's biased by hating german RPGs. And he forgot his video about Batman Arkham Knight (which is not on his worst games list at all).

Eventually some will probably buy the game somewhere and I honestly hope for your input did RC deserved the hate it was constantly showered with.
And that hate includes this site too.
I can undersatand hating a genre (I can't stand car racing and will always spit on such games), also can understand hating designs (I'm allergic to trashmob respawn grinders) but I just can't understand hating a game based on someone else's opinion/taste.

I had the chance to talk with one of the lead producer's at reality pump after Two Worlds II was released three years ago. He was very humble and forthcoming.

We talked about the reviews for Two Worlds II, and the content that was unfinished, or cut. He also went on to talk about their plans for a possible Two Worlds III.

It's a shame nothing ever came out of the ideas pitched. Last I read they were working on a game called Sacrilegium with the updated engine from Two Worlds II.

Sadly they were forced to finish Raven's Cry instead after TopWare went bankrupt, and Raven's Cry original developer was dropped. So I can't blame them for this disaster.
Oh man, I would have loved to find out why they won't release the editor. Two Worlds was/IS in such bad shape, fans would have gladly fixed it. It's been 10 years and they still haven't released it. :shakefist:

Whoever reported them months ago, great job. Cheaters, liars, and other deviants should always be dragged out into the sunlight and flogged without mercy. At least that's what happens in my perfect world =)

Unfortunate

I was waiting for a price drop to get this game - I hope they work things out with Steam because I am still interested in playing this one.

Joxer not hating this game at all. Actually I was hoping to get this at some point from a steam sale, but you have to admit that its funny how they made all these fake reviews and were caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Joxer not hating this game at all. Actually I was hoping to get this at some point from a steam sale, but you have to admit that its funny how they made all these fake reviews and were caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

I'm not sure its funny. Its rather sad. It reminds me when the developers of Jagged Alliance: Flashback begged for positive reviews because they were going bankrupt. They didn't deserve good reviews, but a lot of people lost their jobs. I assume these Topware cheaters are people trying to keep their jobs after a catastrophe. It doesn't make such dishonesty any better. It just sucks that so many people have to lose their jobs because their bosses made stupid decisions.

Whoever reported them months ago, great job. Cheaters, liars, and other deviants should always be dragged out into the sunlight and flogged without mercy. At least that's what happens in my perfect world =)

They are relatively minor in the gaming world....they would have been ripped apart otherwise.

Always knew this was junk.

Fake steam reviews are a minor thing compared to lobbyist sellout sites like PCGamer, IGN or Gamespot

Things I do know:

- Official topware forums are defunct for about two months already. Why? Fake reviews also caused it? Bah.

- There is absolutely no official word on game removal from steam store. The game is still playable by us who have it, steam forum and game guides are not removed.

- Angry Joe rides again and puts RC as the worst game of the year, based on his previous worst game choices he's biased by hating german RPGs. And he forgot his video about Batman Arkham Knight (which is not on his worst games list at all).

Eventually some will probably buy the game somewhere and I honestly hope for your input did RC deserved the hate it was constantly showered with.
I can undersatand hating a genre (I can't stand car racing and will always spit on such games), also can understand hating designs (I'm allergic to trashmob respawn grinders) but I just can't understand hating a game based on someone else's opinion/taste.

You won't buy XCOM 2 because it has season pass, which you call scamware.

You will however defend a game made by dev's who are actually trying to scam people with fake reviews.

A quick search is all you need to do to see people aren't hating just based on opinion/taste.

You won't buy XCOM 2 because it has season pass, which you call scamware.

You will however defend a game made by dev's who are actually trying to scam people with fake reviews.

A quick search is all you need to do to see people aren't hating just based on opinion/taste.
Yes I do say season pass is plain and obvious scam. XCom2 contains scamware. And that's connected to RC not being available on steam to buy - how?

I don't know anything about fake reviews. IIRC I said my review on RC is not fake. For other reviews, reviews I didn't write, I can't speak about, sorry.

A quick search reveals the lynch mob since the game got released. I'm not a part of it.

Yes I do say season pass is plain and obvious scam. XCom2 contains scamware. And that's connected to RC not being available on steam to buy - how?

I don't know anything about fake reviews. IIRC I said my review on RC is not fake. For other reviews, reviews I didn't write, I can't speak about, sorry.

A quick search reveals the lynch mob since the game got released. I'm not a part of it.

Ok, just wondering.

I've avoided reality pimp since their debacle of two worlds. First they claimed and preorder sold (iirc) it as Coop. Then promised a editor which was fraudulent, as they pretend there is an editor. They make you register and interview (answer questions via email) to get it, but I don't think anyone ever got it. I've seen less than 5 mods for the game, compared to 1000s for Oblivion.

Then tried to pretend it was like Gothic 3 and Oblivion. Also (iirc) they promised voice, but there was none of very little. Fraud on top of fraud, on top of fraud.

Yeah, Two Worlds was unplayable when it was first released, but it is a great game now after all the patches. If you have not played again, I would highly recommend it. Two Worlds 2 is in my top 5 list of all time for RPGs.

Things I do know:

Reality Pump is a POLISH studio, and Poland IS NOT a part of Germany, despite what the Nazis would want you to believe.

AngryJoe is not biased, his list (and lists from past years) is pretty sane and objective. He doesn't hate German RPG, and Raven's Cry is a Polish RPG. I know he places Witcher 3 as the Top 1 game of 2015, and he flew to Poland to interview and party with CD Projekt folks so he cannot possibly be anti-Poland. He praises Divinity: Original Sin (putting it in the top 10 list of 2014) and Dragon Commander so there's no way he hates Belgian RPG. If there's a genre of so-called European RPG, he isn't biased against it. He for some reasons does not like the Risen franchise but it's at least partially vindicated as Piranha Bytes has gone downhill ever since the time of the first Risen, and even that game was considered mediocre by the fans of Gothic only because open world RPGs were such a rare sight at the time.

Arkham Knight is not a bad game, far from being included the worst 10 list. It's just a shitty PC port and Joe's list does not consider a specific platform.

As a matter of fact, putting Raven's Cry into the list of Worst 10 game is a compliment rather than insult, as it certainly does not qualify as real game, but rather belongs to the kind like The Slaughtering Grounds. It's not just a scam, it's twice the scam, the one has the publisher (I intend to believe the developers at Reality Pump has nothing to do with this, given the solid RPG Two World II they have produced) hiring people with fake accounts posting positive reviews and getting caught while doing it (jesus how dumb do they have to be)! I don't think anybody has accused you of posting fake reviews (or cared even if you did, to be honest).

But we should expect nothing less from you, shouldn't we--given how biased you really are: out of a million games featuring respawning (some of the worst offenders build their games around respawning, like a million Diablo-likes, rogue-likes and Dark Souls clones, and even the MOST classic CRPGs like Baldur's Gate), you decide to single out Skyrim, which respawns a cell 90 days after you wipe out every single inhabitant within it (this game has plethora of issues, respawning isn't one of them); you call a game with season pass "a scam", and you do have to realize that 90% of the games released by major developers are scams, including The Witcher 3, Bioshock Infinite, Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout 4. I don't like the idea of preordering and DLC pass--doesn't mean they can be called scam. They are upfront when selling it, you pay now to get every DLC piece you can buy with microtransactions. You may opt not to buy them, or purchase at a later time with discount when all the content has been released--it's NOT a scam, as it's not a fraud, unlike what Topware did to the re-release of Raven's Cry that decide to mention none of the previous release and any change/improvement made upon it (as every re-mastery, re-launch and HD re-make would have done), pretend it's new and hire folks to post fake reviews. That's called falsehood, lies, trickery and SCAM.

I'm convinced you must have some personal stakes in this game to defend it to the death, even though every living inhabitant on this planet regards this game as a joke--you know, when a movie or game is so bad it becomes good and people are flocking in to see it. This is the real reason it takes so long for Steam to even pull it from sale, as nobody even gives a fuck to think of it in terms of being bad or good. It's also an educated guess that at least 90% of the developers of this game refuse to add it to their resume, now that they need to find a new job. A lynching mob? I think not. The game will be a good laugh when somebody does bring it up, which will be seldom.

Last edited:
Yeah, Two Worlds was unplayable when it was first released, but it is a great game now after all the patches. If you have not played again, I would highly recommend it. Two Worlds 2 is in my top 5 list of all time for RPGs.

The publisher or the developer does have a history of questionable business practices. Other than what's been mentioned above for the first Two Worlds game, the second one released a GOTY edition and instantly got questioned of what critic or mass body has ever award it with a GOTY title, it was so embarrassing they had to rebrand it into Velvet edition later on.

The game itself was pretty solid--not top 5 material but definitely has been underrated by the major outlets.

. . . I'm convinced you must have some personal stakes in this game to defend it to the death, even though every living inhabitant on this planet regards this game as a joke--you know, when a movie or game is so bad it becomes good and people are flocking in to see it. This is the real reason it takes so long for Steam to even pull it from sale, as nobody even gives a fuck to think of it in terms of being bad or good. It's also an educated guess that at least 90% of the developers of this game refuse to add it to their resume, now that they need to find a new job. A lynching mob? I think not. The game will be a good laugh when somebody does bring it up, which will be seldom.

Actually, there are a couple people here who like the game. And from what they posted here previously, the game sounds compelling. Perhaps it's not a 100 hour plus affair but, I played Of Orcs and Man and it only lasted 19 hours. And I liked that game a lot.

I'll get Ravens Cry when the price goes down. Based on what I've seen and heard, I think I can get an enjoyable 20 plus hours out of it. Just by exploring the Taverns and sea battles alone.

Actually, there are a couple people here who like the game. And from what they posted here previously, the game sounds compelling. Perhaps it's not a 100 hour plus affair but, I played Of Orcs and Man and it only lasted 19 hours. And I liked that game a lot.

I'll get Ravens Cry when the price goes down. Based on what I've seen and heard, I think I can get an enjoyable 20 plus hours out of it. Just by exploring the Taverns and sea battles alone.

Nobody says it has to be a 100-hr+ game to be compelling. A game can last 3 hrs and still be a memorable experience. The consensus of the collective opinion seems to be that this game would be bad for even a complete free game, let only charge 50 dollars! Twice! The only saving grace that distinguishes playing this game from banging your head on the wall repeatedly is it's so bad that it becomes amusing. I truly feel bad for Reality Pump, someone who came up with Two Worlds II and all that hard work had to put up with this shit screwed up by someone else, before going bankrupt. Maybe my info isn't precise, but this seems to be a perfect example that a game didn't go through the development hell and make the final cut. But the publisher decided to make some cash grabs (twice) out of it anyhow.

Reality Pump is a POLISH studio, and Poland IS NOT a part of Germany, despite what the Nazis would want you to believe.

This is right. I can't believe someone would be able to think Poland was a part of Germany.

At least Projekt Red should teacvh everyone that Poland has more than capable developers.

Topware, however, the publisher, is a German firm, as far as I know. They published the original German-language counterpart of the "Realms Of Arcania" games in Germany, too.

Never heard of Reality Pump, I thought the game is Topware Interactive's property.

Past that won't read, sorry. The base of the building is shaky.

Never heard of Reality Pump, I thought the game is Topware Interactive's property.

Past that won't read, sorry. The base of the building is shaky.

Never heard of Reality Pump??? You've played a game and tried to defend it to the death for two years yet not knowing its developer?????? Topware is the PUB.LI.SHER of the game. Alright? Should I buy you some hearing aids? A PUB-LI-SHER. Just like Dragon Age being developed by Bioware and published by EA makes it a Bioware RPG, not an EA RPG, get it? Sure, go ahead and pull a "Never heard of Bioware, I thought Dragon Age is EA's sacred property". Witcher 2 was published by 1C in Russia--doesn't make it a Russian RPG; it's published in the West by Atari--doesn't make it a US RPG. Get it????

Are you the worst kind of troll on the Internet or just tweeting out of your ass from a wheelchair at a sanitarium? No wonder all the comments ranging from childish to deranged keep coming out that way over the years.

Yeah, don't read the rest, I doubt you have the literacy to do so, so it wasn't for you to read anyway. It's a forum in case you haven't noticed after posting thousands of random derpy derp. Hide in your own little world a little longer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom