Raven's Cry - Removed From Steam...Again

You've found a typo on an online forum!!!!!!! Thank you for your valiant effort, editor-in-chief! And now: corrected. See? I always admit the mistakes I've made, unlike the ones here who start to post Youtube turd videos when someone points out their "glaring errors".

The real point of my post wasn't to play grammar police but to suggest you tone down rhetoric. I kinda figured it would go this way. Not sure why I bothered.

The real point of my post wasn't to play grammar police but to suggest you tone down rhetoric. I kinda figured it would go this way. Not sure why I bothered.

I got what you meant. I already admitted being only interested in intellectual debate early on, which is what this forum is for, isn't it?

Who should check the facts who started the personal attacks and kept mounting it.

I got what you meant. I already admitted being only interested in intellectual debate early on, which is what this forum is for, isn't it?
Oh yes, you appear to be quite the intellectual in this thread. :lol:

Who should check the facts who started the personal attacks and kept mounting it.
Ok, I just re-checked, and it's still you.

Yeah, seriously. Let's recount the entire start of our conversation here (I'll just delve into our relations not any other people you also may have attacked):

Reality Pump is TopWare, just as BioWare is EA. Same company, just with a particular office ("studio" in gaming parlance) being given its own name.

All this garbage just because Joxer mistakenly thought a game was developed inside Germany instead of inside Poland?

Stating a fact and backing arguments with facts are garbage.
Presenting a bunch of false statements and fallacies, refusing to correct one's self, calling whoever have different opinions a hater or a garbage are justified. Obviously.

BTW, a subsidiary is not a branch office, genius. A branch office is not a separate legal entity of the parent corporation. Taxation of the subsidiary is on the subsidiary's income alone, and the liabilities of the subsidiary are not attributable to the parent corporation.

Why don't you go over your day-care phase of "logical" thinking and stop being a complete ignorant cry-baby. Start learning to read and gain the literacy, son, so one day you may try to apply for Berkeley law school or Ivy League Business to gained that feinted expertise of yours.

If you can't see how you're the only one doing the "personal attacks", then I hate to be the one to inform you, but you're illiterate.

Yeah, seriously. Let's recount the entire start of our conversation here (I'll just delve into our relations not any other people you also may have attacked):

If you can't see how you're the only one doing the "personal attacks", then I hate to be the one to inform you, but you're illiterate.

Seriously this again? Are you that blind to not bold out your use of "garbage", oh because "calling someone's argument garbage is a fact" by your standard, eh?

OK you want a chronicle, you have it:
- The moderator posts the news Raven's Cry has been pulled by Steam by violating its legal terms with false marketing and fake reviews, which are unethical and immoral (FACTS);
- joxer leaps into the fray to defend this title (because he loves it, nothing wrong with that alone), by saying HE didn't post a fake review and all these accusations are a conspiracy, instead of condemning the act by TopWare, all the while accusing AngryJoe of being a German hater (biased, untrue and missing certain critical facts, but hardly a crime as one can be blinded by certain understandable sentiments);
- I rebutted joxer with facts (that it's not a German product; that AngryJoe is not a hater and his assessments are oft times rational and balanced; that this game is certainly a "scamware" in joxer's dictionary, as he would go so far even calling any game featuring a Season Pass a scam; that in my opinion practices like Season Pass and Pre-order are annoying but hardly a scam);
- joxer did not mount any personal attack for sure. Instead facing the facts he couldn't argue, he chose to go cover his ear by "lalala, I can't hear you, lalala";
- I pointed out this behavior is troll-ish, childish and pretty insulting to anyone who was trying to have an sane discussion, but ultimately this being a forum means I don't necessarily have to discuss with only him; I then presented more facts about publisher-developer relationships;
- other posters joined the conversation and it becomes frustrating as some just make a statement without facts backing them, but anyone is entitled to his opinion, so while there was friction, it was OK; others have their angles, I focused on presenting facts and educated guesses;
- you jumped in and call me a garbage and posted some Youtube videos about turds (not a personal attack in your books, oh I'm sure they are just some "jokes", great stand-up career in front of you, seeing how easy it is for you to come up with super-original gigs)
- It's "Alea iacta est" from this point on, what did you expect???

But in the end, it's understandable. If someone calls my friend out, I would probably jump in to defend him regardless. It's just not cool to refuse admitting you didn't start it.

By the way, even in the heat of our argument, I still presented facts to rebut the key error in your "argument". Why it matters? That's the entire point of the previous conversation before you jumped in--that the business structure has a direct impact with the creative and artistic process. To what extend, is the core of the discussion.

What was your response? "Don't care, middle finger". It is accustomed to you to ignore all the facts in someone's argument, because you know you can't mount a rebuttal, instead you focus on conveniently ignoring them and keeping firing with personal insults.

The only thing in that huge spam you posted that actually matters, in this thread, between you and I, is:
- you jumped in and call me a garbage
And as you can clearly read (key hint: the non-person adjective "this"), I wasn't calling you garbage, I was calling all the off-topic nonsensical discussion (which was triggered solely by something silly) garbage.

But in the end, it's understandable. If someone calls my friend out, I would probably jump in to defend him regardless. It's just not cool to refuse admitting you didn't start it.
My friend? Well I guess I would be fine with Joxer considering me his friend as I do enjoy reading his posts, but I doubt he (or any other regulars on this forum) really even know who I am. As for the rest, you're straight-up delusional. Seek help. I'm done with you.

- I rebutted joxer with facts (that it's not a German product; that AngryJoe is not a hater and his assessments are oft times rational and balanced; that this game is certainly a "scamware" in joxer's dictionary, as he would go so far even calling any game featuring a Season Pass a scam; that in my opinion practices like Season Pass and Pre-order are annoying but hardly a scam);
- joxer did not mount any personal attack for sure. Instead facing the facts he couldn't argue, he chose to go cover his ear by "lalala, I can't hear you, lalala";
- I pointed out this behavior is troll-ish, childish and pretty insulting to anyone who was trying to have an sane discussion, but ultimately this being a forum means I don't necessarily have to discuss with only him; I then presented more facts about publisher-developer relationships;
yap, sounds like Joxer. When I called him out on his bashing of games based on things like season pass or whatever but endorsing other games by same big publishers he also went to Lalaland and put me on ignore lol.

I found this forum is full of special snowflakes but that is also what is amusing about it.

As for the rest, you're straight-up delusional. Seek help. I'm done with you.

Oh more personal insults please, truly, it's your only weapon, which is as effective as a toothpick. Oh don't forget your precious Youtube turd video, make sure to carry it in a memory stick when you go on stage.

When you are busted and there's no way to use your brain to argue, conjure up some personal attacks (which doesn't mean anything, really) and go hide and cry by saying "I'm done with you". That's the "last laugh" in your book, amusing…

And BTW, of course I never truly consider you would be a friend with anybody, even those "like-minded individuals". Is it hardly a surprise? With a mouth like yours and such a comprehension level, you wouldn't be able to buy a friend even with billions of dollars.

yap, sounds like Joxer. When I called him out on his bashing of games based on things like season pass or whatever but endorsing other games by same big publishers he also went to Lalaland and put me on ignore lol.

I found this forum is full of special snowflakes but that is also what is amusing about it.

Right. Every community has a few characters like this. While they are not particularly constructive, they at least make it amusing =D

Right. Every community has a few characters like this. While they are not particularly constructive, they at least make it amusing =D

Now, does anyone really believe that there isn't a problem here now?

I always ignore folks who call themselves "Lord" anything. Richard Garriot used to be an exception, but that was years and years ago. Also, if a thread has more than a couple posts by the same person; that's not the OP, then it is generally safe to avoid all posts past their first. It's generally somebody beating a dead horse and I hate cruelty to animals :D

Seriously, I like more easy going policy around here, but I think it's time moderators stepped up a bit.
Though that would probably end up getting me banned as well. ;)

I see the rise of the obnoxious verbose halfwits has continued...

@LordKane

Did you ever bother to search the forum messages and see what Joxer said about the game?

Well yeah, for the record, I was here when Raven's Cry was released back in 2013 and Joxer's opinion was "this game isn't as bad as some has made it look like". Nothing wrong with that. It's just the method to approach this. This new piece and quite a few previous ones clearly indicate what's been going on with the production cycle. Some moderator even talked to developers from Reality Pump to give us a full picture. Ignoring all these and the reports with cold hard facts don't make one's argument stand.

Just saying--ignoring someone simply because they don't agree with you is not very on constructive. But that's not when the insults started, and when shit hits the fan, joxer's opinions weren't involved. It's hard to present some sane opinions nowadays without having some really smart individuals jumping in with nothing but insults. How about just having a discussion based on facts and educated guesses?

Back
Top Bottom