Aranyus - A New Open World RPG

The was to avoid level scaling is by doing the game like Fallout or Gothic, where a 10th level character may be twice as good as a first level character, and not like D & D, where a 10th level character is twenty times better than a first level character.

Still level scaling. I do NOT want level scaling, I want to be able to look at that wolf at level 30 and it should die from fear.

Haha! Sir, you win the internet for today!

Myself am not a fan of level scaling. Because with it the game does not become challenging, it becomes tedious and even irritating at some point. Just because for example that wolf from Lvl.5 is still hard to kill at when the character is Lvl.30.
So, the pack of wolves should think twice to attack the player who is at Lvl.30 because he should be a badass and the mere presence should drive them away, rather than attack(I would like to see that implemented in some game).
Otherwise the player will not really feel that he or she had advanced at all.
Now, if it is a Ice Wolf for example, than it is maybe harder to kill.
Well, that is how I think.

…So, the pack of wolves should think twice to attack the player who is at Lvl.30 because he should be a badass and the mere presence should drive them away, rather than attack(I would like to see that implemented in some game)…

Ha, believe me or not, I was thinking about this. Some weak enemies to run if the player is too strong or they are injured.

Ha, believe me or not, I was thinking about this. Some weak enemies to run if the player is too strong or they are injured.

Oh well, there you go. Awesome! :)
Or a situation, you kill one with a blow and the rest scatter and run away. Or simply leaves the player alone. I don't know how hard is that to implement into a game, but that would be great.

Oh well, there you go. Awesome! :)
Or a situation, you kill one with a blow and the rest scatter and run away. Or simply leaves the player alone. I don't know how hard is that to implement into a game, but that would be great.

It's not very hard to implement, it could be done. Thanks for the idea.

It's not very hard to implement, it could be done. Thanks for the idea.

No problem. Glad that you like it and find helpful.
You might do a summary of all this and do a new KS update soon. That way you could get more supporters. Some more press coverage would do nicely as well.

Welcome to the forums Marius. I hope my post helps you gain some funding, but you will need more press coverage than just our small site.:handshake:

As for your game it has my interest, and reminds me of the canceled RPG Grotesque Heroes: Hunted by Silent Dreams that was turned into two SRPG's instead.
Take on the role of Roger Sun, a big RPG fan who suddenly wakes up in a medieval world with a lost memory and a conviction that he has to save this world! As he becomes aware that he has lapsed into the typical role play of a case of amnesia, is only wearing few clothes and has somehow become more muscular, he knows that he must be the only true chosen one. He is absolutely determined to rescue the world, a beautiful princess or at least some important looking person.But who are these psychopathic, French-speaking gothics that are chasing Roger. What are these sugary voices that speak to him and why has a bounty been set on his head, which is making a lot of people rather aggressive? What the heck is happening?

NOTE: Although the Grotesque franchise line continues on, this particular game was put on indefinite hold in order to concentrate on smaller and more focused releases. Although there is a chance that Heroes Hunted will be picked up again at a later time, the game currently, according to the developers, "has been put on ice."

Last edited:
I think Gothic 1 & 2 had the right idea. You were weak at first and adversaries owned you until you built up your character enough to fight them. It was wise to avoid some fights until later and avoid some areas until strong enough.
It gave you a sense of accomplishment to see your character progress and grow stronger. Also, it added to the realism and immersion.

The parallel world idea is not very good. It's been overused in cheap fantasy and sci-fi books and it's much worse than even overused amnesia, which is why amnesia is still used and much more frequently so. At least amnesia doesn't break the immersion from the get go and the player feels like an integral part of the world. I'm sure it's possible to think up something more exciting as a premise of the game. Parrallel world is very unrealistic and common sense dictates that your only goal would be to escape the new world, rather than become familiar with it. And… a biker? I hope that doesn't go where I think it does, with a lot of ridiculous dialogue of someone modern using slang and making jokes about modern vs. medieval technology, customs and fashion. That would only work for a comedy game and only with exceptionally good comedy.

Also, more people will play the game if gender of the protagonist is optional.

I'm not sure how you can claim Gothic is an inspiration and then say you'll implement level scaling. o_O

The question here is not so much level scaling, but execution. Gothic 1 and similar good games were done by professionals. Look at the combat animations, that needs a couple of good animators, like how they produced Severance: Blade of Darkness.

You simply can't make an indie RPG with good fighting moves: look at how CLUNG by Subutai jumped to its death..

This project is just a dream, a wishful fantasy, because of lack of experts. How will you pay coders and animators from 85K? Unless the main programmer is in the family and bleeds his her lifeforce into this product. Try this game in 2D, lot less work. Also the immense amounts of models put into a Unity world with default lighting is not really exciting.

You will learn a lot from how this Kickstarter campaign will show you your limits..

Back
Top Bottom