Bigger Font for Pillars of Eternity 2

Hafenguy

Watcher
Hi folks,

I really like this game. But unfortunately it has such a small Font in the Dialog Box. POE Was so good because it is one of the game's that has such a big font that I can play it even with my Bad eyes.

Ist there any way to increase the size of the font?

Isn't there a slider in the settings for the font size?

EDIT: There is, unfortunately I can't upload the image here because of size restriction, so I had to downscale it

1680248574430.png

Thanks, im aware of that slider. But even i pull to the maximum size it is even smaller than on POE 1 and too small for me.

Google results are less promising. People say that scale does either very little or does not work at all. It sounds like PoE1 text scaling works fine though - OP might want to try that if they have no luck with the font scale slider.

I usually find the font size scales to your monitor setting. So anything over 1920x1080 will be smaller on screen. It's a big problem with older CRPGs as well. It's a hassle.

Anyway I'm surprised the in-game font slider doesn't work as it should.

In Windows, you can set the scale of your display, Settings->System->Display->Scale. Instead of the default 100% (or whatever you've got now), increase it a bit, maybe to 150% or so. Pretty sure PoE2 obeys that setting. Most modern games do.

For old games that don't, you can set your monitor's resolution to something lower and that should achieve a similar result (although with a decrease in visual quality obviously).

And then there's the failsafe solution: get a bigger monitor.

Last edited:
I looked on Nexus mods, but couldn't find any that adjust font in the game. The only one I found that might be useful is "Enhanced User Interface" which colorizes game effects and puts game mechanics in keywords so the mechanics of the game are easier to understand, and it also does redesign a few things in the interface. But that doesn't sound like what you really are looking for, but here it is in any case:

@Arkadia7

Thanks that looks good i will give it a try tomorrow.
If it works i have the problem to decide whether i play this game first or pathfinder kingmaker :)

In Windows, you can set the scale of your display, Settings->System->Display->Scale. Instead of the default 100% (or whatever you've got now), increase it a bit, maybe to 150% or so. Pretty sure PoE2 obeys that setting. Most modern games do.

For old games that don't, you can set your monitor's resolution to something lower and that should achieve a similar result (although with a decrease in visual quality obviously).

And then there's the failsafe solution: get a bigger monitor.
Nice I didn't know about that.

I tried All the Tipps and I like the way the enhanced userface mod changed the UI.
Now with font slider on 130% everything is pretty big.
Except of the Dialogs. They are pretty small as always.
Its a pitty cause this game Looks very good and seems like fun.
And the boxes in which the Peoples are talking to each other are so big that the font could easily be bigger...
For other game's there is the possibility to make changes in the Ini to increase the font. Did anyone know whether this is an option?

Back
Top Bottom