BioWare - Teases New Game Announcement

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare is treasing the official announcement of a new game, which they will unveil at the Spike Awards on December 11th. I say "new" but Mass Effect 3 is my bet though it isn't guaranteed by any means. Rock, Paper, Shotgun examines a cryptic tweet and then a teaser video that shows a glimpse of a man with a gun:
They said it couldn’t be done, but Bioware did it anyway. Their next – as yet unrevealed – game will feature a man with a gun. We at Rock, Paper, Shotgun have often said that more games should feature a) men, or b) guns, but to combine the two in a single videogame product is something we had hardly dared to dream of.
I can scarcely contain myself for the full announcement of what this teaser image is implying about the future of videogames. I’m crying here. Crying.
Thanks also to BlackCanopus for a similar submission.
More information.

Everything point toward a Mass Effect game, not necessarily 3 though.

There is 3 hints: The mass of Iron, the lowest temperature seen on planet Earth and the Incisor rifle.

What's this in binary ?

Problem is that there is no interpunctuation.

There has been zero innovation in video games in the last 3 or 4 years especially in big games . WHY they have the cash and dont want to spend it . Is it me or have games like RPGs suck as of late more so in the US, its all about the console kids.

Yawn...Mass Effect 3? Whatever... If Bioware ever makes another serious rpg then I'm there, but until then, screw them.

Honestly, I personally would like to see Mass Effect 3 being announced, just to see how the story is resolved (chances are, that it's either pretty boring and expected or really creative, let's see).

Honestly, I personally would like to see Mass Effect 3 being announced, just to see how the story is resolved (chances are, that it's either pretty boring and expected or really creative, let's see).

I hope there is a way to blow up the Milky Way with specific choices that need to have been taken in the first game for it to trigger.

I seem to remember a job opening at bioware for a new fps project a few months back.This game is probably it.Or it could be mass effect prequel or part 3.

What's this in binary ?

Problem is that there is no interpunctuation.

00110101 00110101 00101110 00111000 00110100 00110101

53 53 46 56 52 53
That is "55.845" if it is 8 bit ASCII.

Eh. Probably not.

I sure hope it's not announcing ME3. I mean everybody already knows it's being made so that would be pretty lame to make this kind of build up for it.

I don't remember playing the original Shattered Steel but I sure hope it's that (or even better something new).

The only conversion that makes sense is ASCII and that leads indeed to 55.845, which is the mass of iron according to some. Although some (like NIST) claim it to be 55.847.

The second barcode actually converts to '-128.5°F' and ° is the html decoding of °, so this results in -128.5°F, which is close to the lowest temperature ever recorded on the surface, as Wikipedia mentions it is -128.6. Not sure if that shatters steel though.

Whatever it is, I bet it sucks. :p

"They said it couldn’t be done, but Bioware did it anyway. Their next – as yet unrevealed – game will feature a man with a gun. We at Rock, Paper, Shotgun have often said that more games should feature a) men, or b) guns, but to combine the two in a single videogame product is something we had hardly dared to dream of.
I can scarcely contain myself for the full announcement of what this teaser image is implying about the future of videogames. I’m crying here. Crying."

Hahaha. That was actually pretty funny.

There has been zero innovation in video games in the last 3 or 4 years especially in big games . WHY they have the cash and dont want to spend it . Is it me or have games like RPGs suck as of late more so in the US, its all about the console kids.

I think it's you. In my view with Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, Fallout New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, Risen, and Drakensang that's a bunch of very good PC RPGs in the past couple of years.

Hm. I'd say focussing on so many games is a mistake. SWTOR and ME3 and DA2... and now another new game? I'd suggest make ONE game really good and make things one by one. I know such things are seen as simepletons thinking these days, but I believe in staying focussed and not brewing too many things at the same time. There are always eventualities and then you have no ressources in man and money to cover it.

I think it's you. In my view with Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, Fallout New Vegas, Alpha Protocol, Risen, and Drakensang that's a bunch of very good PC RPGs in the past couple of years.

That all depends on the gamer sometimes I feel same way.But then again its not the goal of a game company to make good game just money is the motto of this generation.Simplify your game till you cant do anymore and sell as much as you can while ignoring your older fans.The future of certain genres doesn't look to good me but Im from the older generation not this fps and casual gaming generation.

Hm. I'd say focussing on so many games is a mistake. SWTOR and ME3 and DA2… and now another new game? I'd suggest make ONE game really good and make things one by one. I know such things are seen as simepletons thinking these days, but I believe in staying focussed and not brewing too many things at the same time. There are always eventualities and then you have no ressources in man and money to cover it.

They have 3 different studios: Edmonton (2 team: DA and Mass Effect), Austin (SWTOR) and Montreal (they helped with Mass Effect 2 and they had a job opening for a multiplayer programmer at some point).

Back
Top Bottom