DA:Inquisition - Trailer & Screenshots

Have there been any news about options to disable the glitter?

I keep reading members talking about glitter, and I just don't see it. So what am I missing as I never noticed it from watching the many videos I posted?

I'm just curious and don't mean any offense by my question.o_O

It's the rather flashy, over-the-top animations. I doubt it'll be possible to adjust it in-game, but I'm not too concerned as it isn't bothering me.

Well in Xcom you could disable all the stupid animations and the game played so much better. It is also much more intense if you don't know if the sniper is going to kill the enemy at the start of the animation.

As a result I can understand why people want to turn off over the top animations. But I loved the death strike animations in DAO

Is it the animations? I thought it was the spell effects, status effects, trails of lights following the weapons, etc.

Sometimes there so much of it going on I can't see what's happening.

That's what I thought they were referring to anyway and it's what I'd want to disable.

I'm personally fine with the animations.

Animations are ok - except for fat dwarves jumping 20 feet and stuff.

It's definitely the absurd level of smoke and pointless flashy stuff. Calling it overdone would be an understatement.

But I can live with it if the exploration is good, which is what I'm most interested in.

I am calling all of it animations. What you might be referring to are FX effects. NWN2 was a good example of terrible FX effects that obscured the vision of the battlefield.

Actually, the technical term is VFX - or visual effects. Calling it FX effects is like saying effects effects.

Just FYI, nothing more.

Two examples of what I'm talking about. Too much for my taste.

Especially I don't like non-magical actions to have excessive FX, like shooting normal arrows or swinging weapons. For spells some glitter is ok. But I think even this is streamlined nowadays so gamers who play non-casters have some "eye candy" too...

Especially I don't like non-magical actions to have excessive FX, like shooting normal arrows or swinging weapons. For spells some glitter is ok. But I think even this is streamlined nowadays so gamers who play non-casters have some "eye candy" too…

I agree with you on that. The animations and "graceful" movement should be the cool part. You don't have to add a screen-full of smoke and sparks. That's as juvenile as the writing seems to be.

Especially I don't like non-magical actions to have excessive FX, like shooting normal arrows or swinging weapons. For spells some glitter is ok. But I think even this is streamlined nowadays so gamers who play non-casters have some "eye candy" too…
This is a problem* OE is going to have with Pillars as well. Their non-magical attacks also go overboard with effects.

*Not really because Bioware's their target market likes it like that. I don't know how much a problem it is going to be to OE. PoE has already made considerable steps to be more like DAO and less like BG.

This is a problem* OE is going to have with Pillars as well. Their non-magical attacks also go overboard with effects.

What are you talking about? Beside a little cloud around the character hands, non-magical attacks do not have any FX in PoE.

What are you talking about? Beside a little cloud around the character hands, non-magical attacks do not have any FX in PoE.
Take another look at knockdown than, especially when enemies do it. Animals look like they are firing off Kamehameha and not knocking you down.

I keep reading members talking about glitter, and I just don't see it. So what am I missing as I never noticed it from watching the many videos I posted?

I'm just curious and don't mean any offense by my question.o_O

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/will-dragon-age-inquisition-restore-the-faith/2300-6422099/

Start at 7mins into the video and you will see what I'm talking about. I actually have no issue with the character animations, and I'm sure the spell/arrow/bling effects look ok when there's 1 character fighting. …but when you add a full party, it's like the 4th of July on crack, and I just can't follow who's attacking who and where it's coming from.

Thanks ChaosTheory but I'm still not seeing the problem.:)

Sure the game is colorful and uses a lot special effects, but I can ignore them. I can also see why it would bother some players. At least the game world isn't brown this time.

Thanks ChaosTheory but I'm still not seeing the problem.:)

Sure the game is colorful and uses a lot special effects, but I can ignore them. I can also see why it would bother some players. At least the game world isn't brown this time.

What you mean is that you don't consider it a problem. You obviously see the problem. Not that you necessarily want to admit it, though :)

I can't help myself as I'm in the first stage of denial right now.;) Check back in a few weeks when I might be in the third stage which should be anger.

Last edited:
I can't t help myself as I'm in the first stage of denial right now.;) Check back in a few weeks when I might be in the third stage which should be anger.

Hehe, I'm not so sure. DA:I is a game that could go both ways. It might very well be that you're right and we'll all forget our bitching once it's out.

It's one of those games I don't feel confident about when it comes to what I should expect.

That's rare for me, which should go without saying ;)

Back
Top Bottom