Dungeon Lords MMXII - D.W. Bradley Returns

Never know, it could have everything fixed!

Yeah, I just can't say that with a straight face - not enough optimism in the world for that one. Will definitely check out a couple reviews though.

I'll be checking this one out as well. There was something so delightfully "old-school in the right way" about Dungeon Lords. Naturally, the game was incredibly flawed overall - but I have a fondness for that kind of old-school. It's sort of like ToEE - which was also incredibly flawed - but had just the right vibe for my tastes.

I skipped it the first time, but if they've truly finished it this time, I'll be a buyer.

I had a lot of fun with the early part of the original game. But the lack of an automap and deserted towns/inns/homes/taverns just made it hard for me to move on after I put in 30 or so hours.

I remember this gang of monsters that spawned just outside of one of the towns
I remember the rolling water effect that was hilariously unreal
I remember the initial town that was sorta good but coulda been better

I remember being call a bot for liking this game when it first came out.

I finished it once.

Not doing it again. :) Even if I kind of enjoyed having a random playlist of some of the RPG genre's greatest fantasy soundtracks cycling through in the background. It was the least I could do to try to fill the space caused by the sheer lack of actual game content.

Also, for what its worth, I liked Wizards and Warriors much more. ;) The Ascension quests for the classes and the old school dungeon design made it reasonably fun.

You just compared ToEE to Dungeon Lords.

Something seems wrong about that. ;)

:D

Given the thousands of words I have written about Dungeon Lords ... I agree :)

ToEE is an amazing game that was unpolished but had such a tremendous core of greatness (it WAS a Troika game, after all) ... DL was a nice attempt to meld Gothic, Jedi Knight II and Wizardry ...

After countless Dung Lord jokes i've made over the years, i must confess, that i haven't really even played the game yet. I wonder if third release is actually worth it. I've got an exhausting backlog as it is, but something about the colourful art style actually intrigues me (i've got a temporary grimdark fatique it seems).

After countless Dung Lord jokes i've made over the years, i must confess, that i haven't really even played the game yet. I wonder if third release is actually worth it. I've got an exhausting backlog as it is, but something about the colourful art style actually intrigues me (i've got a temporary grimdark fatique it seems).

On the upside, you know that at least a couple of folks here with extensive DungLords experience who will be reporting back.

I'm going to download this, burn it to a dvd, take a dump on it, and throw it away.
But not before taking a snapshot and sending it to the big guy himself.

Since this is back to the top, I feel the need to reiterate.

Really? Why?
Because it's FUN! :)

What the heck is Green Man Gaming? Never heard of that one.

I am also a definite buy. If they've fixed multiplayer and added the cutting edge tech required to support Windows Alt-Tab, I'll coerce my gaming group to buy it again so we can enjoy the multiplayer fun without all the disconnects, hangs, and other shoddy network code problems the original and the CE suffered.

Something looks really odd about this screenshot

DLMMXII-screen_04_med.png

Does the game include food, water, AND the need to defecate or is that a tail?

I don't know if they fixed the annoying monster spawning system in dungeon's and other little things then maybe.

I played the original until about half way, before giving up over well documented shittiness. I have to admit, I enjoyed some of the early stuff, enough so that I bought the CE when it was very cheap. Alas, the game saves didn't seem to be compatible and boredom of doing half the game over again got to me.

I'd be interested to hear just how much this new improved-improved version has... ah... improved. :p

Because it's FUN! :)

I am also a definite buy. If they've fixed multiplayer and added the cutting edge tech required to support Windows Alt-Tab, I'll coerce my gaming group to buy it again so we can enjoy the multiplayer fun without all the disconnects, hangs, and other shoddy network code problems the original and the CE suffered.

I can't recall who founded that one, but it came on the scene a couple of years ago and is pretty decent with deals and support and non-standard selection. I have bought a bunch from them without issues.

Check it out. It's a digital download service that almost always has a 20-25% off coupon floating around. I preordered Guild Wars 2 and Dishonored for $48 each from them.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/
Current voucher code for 20% damn near anything: GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY

Yes, this means you can preorder DLMMXII for $12 from them! What a savings!

Back
Top Bottom