Fallout 4 - Next-Gen Update released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Next-Gen update for Fallout 4 has been released:

Fallout 4 Next-Gen Update Biggest Changes

The apocalypse is looking brand spanking new thanks to the latest update to Fallout 4. With fixes, improvements, and new adventures to experience, it's a meaty upgrade. Here are the biggest changes this new patch is bringing to Fallout 4.

[...]
Thanks Lucky Day!

More information.

Here's a breakdown of the problems I've had myself or noticed others complaining about:

• Issues loading modded saves and using non-Creation Club mods at all, including the essential Fallout 4 Script Extender.
  • The "next gen" patch does not introduce any graphical improvements.
  • The new ultrawide support has a poorly stretched user interface that will require a user made patch⁠—basically the same solution ultrawide gamers were using before the update.
  • Fallout 4's iteration of the Creation engine still doesn't support frame rates over 60fps.
  • The "Weapon Debris" graphics setting still causes the game to crash on RTX cards, an issue that has been present since RTX cards were introduced.
Yup, it's a Bethesda update. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: o_Oo_O

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7hUi3PzL4k

It's amazing how little they gave a shit. And the above video critiquing Bethesda's work is from a dude that is more of a Bethesda fan than not.
This is the amount of shit they give back, to a tv series that made their games sell boatloads in the last few weeks.
It should be shocking, and it is, but it's also not shocking. Bethesda jank.

And apparently, their ultrawide support is something like this?
View: https://twitter.com/Tyler_McV/status/1783531071579242829

Normally I'd be a little suspicious, but Tyler McVicker is usually trustworthy. I know of him from the Accursed Farms channel.

The company should be fucking ashamed. Their leadership mostly, since they allowed this to be released.

1714158867507.png

Just insane. And apparently Fallout: London, the much anticipated F4 mod was supposed to be released 3 days ago, had the next-gen update not broken some central mod that the London mod works off of.
You cannot make this shit up. And apparently Bethesda has been in contact, in the past, with that mod team (apparently they even poached devs from the mod team). But they couldn't give two shits to give them a heads-up.
o_O

Pathetic.

Mods not working is a given. That doesn't make the update "broken". But it sure sounds broken in every actual way. Why a company with those sorts of resources releases outright garbage like this is beyond me.

For what it's worth: I've had no problems at all, playing it a lot today. I use around 20 mods,. No creation club stuff.

I haven't noticed any changes to the game itself apart from several new quests. But I'm not good at paying attention to details.

Running it at 4K ultra on a ryzen 5950x and rtx 2080ti.

Obviously other people have problems, but I don't.

Pibbur who wonders why this is so.

PS. One thing I wish they had fixed were the long loading times. DS.

For what it's worth: I've had no problems at all, playing it a lot today. I use around 20 mods,. No creation club stuff.

I haven't noticed any changes to the game itself apart from several new quests. But I'm not good at paying attention to details.

Running it at 4K ultra on a ryzen 5950x and rtx 2080ti.

Obviously other people have problems, but I don't.

Pibbur who wonders why this is so.

PS. One thing I wish they had fixed were the long loading times. DS.
Have you been to Boston yet? I'm wondering if they did anything to improve frame rates in the crowded areas.

Yeah it's not what anyone playing on the PC expected is it? :ROFLMAO:

All it did on the PC is break mods and give out some free creation club content.

1714164106353.png
that's so reassuring Jesscapade! lol

I didn't bother reporting any non-PC problems (even though there appeared to be many) for the update but here's another.
Curious what benefits if any for other platforms compared to PC.

Not the best update, it would seem. Feels like a rush-job because of the TV show without much care about the collateral.

While I think the update was a mistake, and a waste, and bad decision, and does little for the PC, I am with @pibbuR myself. Only I have 223 mods installed (none of them require F4SE though, I only used one that needs it and removed it before the update when I restarted recently) and they all work fine. I haven't had any issues, crashes, or other problems.

Now ENB did break, and Boris is fit to be tied, as they changed some shaders and Boris said for no apparent reason. He already patched most of ENB so I had to go a day without the better visuals. Otherwise things are running well for me.

I think the biggest issues are for those who use F4SE for mods.

That being said, since the update didn't really bring anything useful to the table, for PC anyhow, it seems a pointless waste.

Looks like a lot of mods that don't alter the game or require F4SE work fine, but sadly the best mods do require it. So here I am waiting a few months to see it patched.

Now I just have to redownload the older version before the patch to play.

As I can't stand the vanilla settlement building, and other tech/engine mods.

If BGS had a few neurons left, they'd create a beta branch with the old version. It would have solved all the problems and left enough time for F4SE and others to adapt.

Unless it already exists, but I haven't seen anything so I don't think so.

If BGS had a few neurons left, they'd create a beta branch with the old version. It would have solved all the problems and left enough time for F4SE and others to adapt.

Unless it already exists, but I haven't seen anything so I don't think so.
I don't think there's a beta branch or an option to roll it back. I've read through a few threads in the Steam forum since the update, and I never saw anything mentioned.

People are saying the gog version can be rolled back. Makes sense, since you can manually install the updates, as you please.
I just bought it on GOG for like 8 bucks so this makes me feel like it wasn’t a total waste.

How hard would it be to have a beta branch for everyone though? Seems like this was just an update for marketing but not to actually please the hardcore fans.

Back
Top Bottom