Gothic First time playing Gothic

Which expansion? I already finished Gothic 1 but I haven't started G2 yet. I do have G2: Gold, so that should be all I need, right?
The expansion should already be included in the gold edition it's called Night of the Raven. Basically it extends the game, and adds two more factions you can join.

Which expansion? I already finished Gothic 1 but I haven't started G2 yet. I do have G2: Gold, so that should be all I need, right?

Yeah G2 expansion, called night of the raven…

Be careful though there's one gamebreaking bug… It's if you do something in the wrong order. Unless they ended up fixing it…

Someone will offer to guide you to the landlord's farm. Don't let him… It breaks the game :D

Name of person is in spoiler below, but don't look at it unless you've gotten a bit into the game.

Lares will offer to take you to Onar's farm

Haha! Joxer, are you talking about my PSP? I love that little thing. Currently have it loaded with a million and one RPGs! Very cool. I guarantee there is something for every mood on there, so I'm happy :)

I've given up on all other consoles. I'm very much a converted PC gamer now :)

Edit - Oh, forgot my trusty PS2, of course. That's another great system for RPGs :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, fellas. G2 will be my next game once I get back into gaming again. Currently taking a little hiatus to pursue other hobbies, but once that's over I'll jump right back in :)

Yeah G2 expansion, called night of the raven…

Be careful though there's one gamebreaking bug… It's if you do something in the wrong order. Unless they ended up fixing it…

There was a community patch that fixed this and many other bugs which unfortunately included stuff like new textures if I recall correctly but one of the authors released a version with the fixes only - http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1234950-My-own-G2NotR-English-patch - which is a must install before playing G2 Notr.

Alrighty.

So, I'm ready to dive into Gothic 2. I have no idea what to expect, so this should be fun!

Can someone please let me know what exactly I need to download to make this an optimum experience? Mods (that fix bugs, mostly), patches, fixes, etc. I would really appreciate it!

As soon as that happens it's off to Gothic 2 land I go :)

Can someone please let me know what exactly I need to download to make this an optimum experience? Mods (that fix bugs, mostly), patches, fixes, etc. I would really appreciate it!

As soon as that happens it's off to Gothic 2 land I go :)

You definitely want to install the system pack which includes many fixes and features in one package. Make sure to click the 'Installation Info' spoiler. It's fairly straight-forward...
For "GOTHIC2: Night of The Raven"
1. Install game "GOTHIC2"
2. Install addon "GOTHIC2: The Night Of The Raven"
3. Install Gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2.exe
4. Install Gothic2_PlayerKit-2.6f.exe
5. Install G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.1.exe or G2Returning-SystemPack-1.1.exe or G2Odyssey-SystemPack-1.1.exe *
- depending on addon that you choose.
6. Play.

Wait, Moriendor, should I download both the fix that Brian posted as well as the System Pack? Little confused here…

Wait, Moriendor, should I download both the fix that Brian posted as well as the System Pack? Little confused here…

The system pack is more of a technical fix package (widescreen support etc.). The patch Brian linked to contains script changes and quest bug fixes. They should be compatible with each other. At least in theory... I guess you'll find out whether the theory holds true in practice soon enough MUUAHAHAHAHAA :cm: :devilish:

Oh, God, no! Not that ever elusive and mysterious world of patches that may conflict with each other AGAIN..:( :lol:

Thanks for the heads up anyway :)

Alright, we're all patched up and ready to go! I will be playing this on an Alienware M17X R4, 1920x1080 on a 32" LCD 1080p screen. Whew, this should be fun!!!

The question is, do I start a YouTube Let's Play of this game. Hmm...

Focus on your own enjoyment as the first priority. :)

Right on :). I also have a nasty throat infection so lots of talking = no good right now.

I'll post my first impressions and various thoughts in this thread once I've played awhile. Ciao, and thanks for all the help, everyone!

The beginning of this game is awesome. Takes me right back to my Gothic playthrough. I'm glad the 2 games have such a close connection so far.

I exited out because I'm having some FPS issues. I have to figure out how to get G2 to recognize my 7970m card, instead of my HD 4000. Any ideas?

Save playing a mage for the 2nd run. You'll understand why. Play slowly, save often and in different slots. G2 Gold has some hefty difficulty spikes. G2 vanilla is only as hard as Gothic.

The beginning of this game is awesome. Takes me right back to my Gothic playthrough. I'm glad the 2 games have such a close connection so far.

I exited out because I'm having some FPS issues. I have to figure out how to get G2 to recognize my 7970m card, instead of my HD 4000. Any ideas?

The 4000 should be more than enough for G2, however try forcing your laptop to always use the 7970m in your ATI settings and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom