Game with the most immersive vistas

Yep.. FarCry and Crysis both had some incredible looking outside environments.. some of the best I've seen in first-person shooters. Crysis 2 on the other hand was a disappointment in that aspect.

Interestingly, this kind of realistic view just isn't used in Adventure Games, it recently occurred to me.

I'd LOVE to have an Monkey Island game with the graphics of Far Cry ! (At least judging from the screenshots I saw in the press and online.)

Interestingly, this kind of realistic view just isn't used in Adventure Games, it recently occurred to me.

I haven't played it myself, but what about Heavy Rain? Doesn't that game have impressive, realistic graphics for an adventure game? (assuming Heavy Rain can even be considered part of that genre)

Speaking of adventure games, I remember The Longest Journey having some memorable vistas and impressive background artwork.

Hm, yes, but TLJ is rather an expetion for this … Adventure gamnes usually don't have an "open world" to explore … It's time someone does this …

Don't know about Heavy Rain, though ... I had always thought it was a shooter ?

Don't know about Heavy Rain, though … I had always thought it was a shooter ?

As far as I know, it doesn't have any shooting elements or even true "action" elements. Someone who has actually played it would be much more qualified to describe it than I, but I'm pretty sure it's considered to at least have been inspired by the Adventure genre. If you've played Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit was its name in Europe, I believe) Heavy Rain is kind of a continuation of that style, if I'm not mistaken.

If you've played Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit was its name in Europe, I believe) Heavy Rain is kind of a continuation of that style, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, they're *very* similar, and both games were developed by Quantic Dream. I'm not really sure how I would categorize them, but I guess they would be considered adventure games by most. Wikipedia describes both as "Psychological thrillers".

Heavy Rain has impressive visuals by PS3 standards, particularly with the facial animations..

Back
Top Bottom