Gothic 1 Remake - Listed on Amazon

I hope the price is a placeholder, because I can't foresee anything good if it's going to cost more than BG3 did at launch.

Note that the availability dates on Amazon are pure fantasy, too. ;)

As mentioned in this post, it's just a placeholder until they determine the release date.

EDIT: Huh? It's not more than BG3 at launch; it's the same price.

Last edited:
We still haven't even seen so much as a pre-alpha video. As interested as I am in this, I'm going to remain skeptical until I see more than just stills and artwork.

I am curious how this will end up being. I'm particularly curious about the atmosphere and mood of certain places. I think those will change drastically with the new graphics engine.
The other thing I'm worried is the voice acting. A lot of the characters, while not great, had a lot of charm to them. Diego's was probably the one great voice actor. He's also Vesemir in the Witcher.

On the price, if they actually manage to make it be a worthy remake, with plenty of soul and spirit, I have no issue plonking down 60 euros.

My main worry is that it's a studio that seems to have a lot of people on their first gamedev jobs?
Which, if the stars align, could be good. If they're also passionate and workaholics. But it could also be a disaster.

I’m just taking the stance that it doesn’t exist until I see the full release on steam.

I am curious how this will end up being. I'm particularly curious about the atmosphere and mood of certain places. I think those will change drastically with the new graphics engine.
The other thing I'm worried is the voice acting. A lot of the characters, while not great, had a lot of charm to them. Diego's was probably the one great voice actor. He's also Vesemir in the Witcher.

On the price, if they actually manage to make it be a worthy remake, with plenty of soul and spirit, I have no issue plonking down 60 euros.

My main worry is that it's a studio that seems to have a lot of people on their first gamedev jobs?
Which, if the stars align, could be good. If they're also passionate and workaholics. But it could also be a disaster.
I agree. So much of what Gothic is, is about the intangibles: The atmosphere, the music, the overall feeling of the world. It's a hard thing to replicate, something even PB themselves found difficult to do beyond Gothic 1 and 2.

That being said: If they do nail it, I'm all aboard. I do think they have to re-use KaiRos music though.

Take it with a grain of salt as Amazon release dates are usually just place holders. Though a release date for later this year or next year is very possible.

Well...I didn't read every reply that's on me...sorry. :biggrin:

I agree. So much of what Gothic is, is about the intangibles: The atmosphere, the music, the overall feeling of the world. It's a hard thing to replicate, something even PB themselves found difficult to do beyond Gothic 1 and 2.
It's the location design for me. Interesting designs that make the player want to explore with hand placed loot that makes sense. Dense layered locations i.e. sewers underneath cities or hidden tunnels under buildings. Characters with interesting schedules like visiting a fight club at night.

No copypasta ruined buildings like in Elex!! Less is more!

I just wish he was onboard and more present with finishing his Kickstarter project "Journey Home" from 2014. Not really happy with how that all went but I suppose good things sometimes come to those who wait. I'm certainly more interested in this than any attempt to remake a classic game.

Back
Top Bottom