How did you come up with your username?

No, it's not cool, Jabberwocky. That av is just plain creepy, Jaz.:faint:

Seconded.

Everytime I look at it I see an indian phedophile winking at me. I'm 16. *shudder*

No way! He's winking at you as if to say :sing:"Come listen to my Bhangra music, it will make you dance!!" :boogie::dance:

*Okay, honestly, your opinion is just as valid as mine, I just saw a convenient excuse to insert two of my favorite emoticons! I'll throw them in one more time just for good measure. :dance::boogie:

...Good now that's out of my system for a while. ;)

:biggrin: Want some candy?
Good to see y'all are having fun!

"Come listen to my Bhangra music, it will make you dance!!" :boogie::dance:

There's a music genre in my country that roughly derives from indian music (whatever kind), and is listened by all those with an IQ lower than 105 (tested) and with no wishes to highten it.

You cannot believe how annoying it is when you hear *the* most cheesy lines with *the* worst rhythm and *the* most ear-bleeding tunes sung at every corner of a street by fat men/women covered in perspiration and with their weight almost doubled by the obscene number of gold jewelry they wear. I've seen some with industrial chains sprayed with gold.

So, yeah. I'll pass on Indian music, thank you. If you need a proof of how horrible they are, I'll send you a YouTube link. Just think twice before asking me ;)

I always thought your name was after th old story. About the warrior who hid in the hole to get at the belly of the jabberwocky. its an old epic, like beowolf. Unless my memory has totally gone to crap, but I'm about 90-95% on this one. I had no idea there was a jabberwocky in Alice In Wonderland, but of course Monty Python.

I don't think so, at least it would be news to me. "Jabberwocky", like many other words in that poem, is thought to have been an invention of Lewis Carroll. However, it is thought that he might have been inspired by some old folk tales to the poem, but not AFAIK the name itself.

Mine comes from.... my D&D character.
A lot of years ago I played the Dark Sun compaign with some friends, my defiler wizard (defiler: casting spells causes living thing around you to die because you suck their energy) was Gragnak Ulfim.

@ Khass: Where are you from anyway?? o_O

@ Khass: Where are you from anyway?? o_O

A dark, villainous place called Eastern Europe. Romania, to be more exact. It's the equivalent of the 'sanctuary of nature' location cliche you find in fantasy novels ;)

romania, isnt it the home of count dracula?

Only if Transylvania is also there. :) (It's a requirement of being American that you know nothing of world geography, titus)

Khass--your description of the industrial chains spray-painted gold curdles my blood.:anxious:O_O, (and like Jabberwocky, it gives me an excellet excuse to use those smilies.) I enjoyed listening to Jaz's Bhangre clip, but I don't know that I could handle it being wailed out at every street corner by certfied wierdos either.

Just don't get into any cars with men in turbans who want to show you their puppy. :)

I dont get it? is transylvania a state? I thought a part of a state. I do not know much about geographie but I know that I am not from America :p

is listened by all those with an IQ lower than 105 (tested) and with no wishes to highten it.

You cannot believe how annoying it is when you hear *the* most cheesy lines with *the* worst rhythm and *the* most ear-bleeding tunes sung

We have that in America too. It's called "American Idol."

(It's a requirement of being American that you know nothing of world geography, titus)
I know world geography *real good*! See?!?!
reagandigitisedposter_png.png

I dont get it? is transylvania a state? I thought a part of a state. I do not know much about geographie but I know that I am not from America :p

I thought it was a country? Maybe it's one of those things that you call a province and we call a state or something. I can't find it on Mike's map, though. :)

thats awesome mike! thanks
know where i can get a large quality copy of that.
it would make a spify poster.

thats awesome mike! thanks
know where i can get a large quality copy of that.
it would make a spify poster.

No - I remember seeing things like that in political cartoons so when magerette mentioned it I quickly googled it up ...

but the castle, that belonged to the guy were the dracula myth comes from, wasnt that in romania? vlad something

After browsing through Wikipedia it turns out to be somewhat more surprising than I'd expect.
Bram Stoker's fictional Dracula lived in Transylvania, which is a historical region in Romania, But Vlad Tepes (Vlad III the Impaler), who Bram Stoker used as inspiration for Dracula, lived in the neighbouring region Wallachia.
Why Bram Stoker chose Transylvania instead of Wallachia is though a mystery (Well, I haven't researched that far yet).

Though whether or not Bram Stoker used Vlad Tepes as inspiration is still being discussed, so perhaps he didn't use him as inspiration after all, which would explain the difference, but then again other evidence says he did use him as a template.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom