Skyrim Just FYI - Steam patch on Skyrim today

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

wolfgrimdark

Follower of Fenris Wolf
Original Sin Donor
No notes on what the patch is at the moment and the forums are down :( but the Steam forums are speculating it is the LAA patch:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2306904

Nothing official though.

One player said:
Just checked in CFF explorer. It's marked as being able to handle >2GB addresses (The LAA bit is set). So yeah, 4GB patch.

Regardless you may want to hold off patching till more news.

Correct, they've posted it officially on the ES facebook page.

No notes on what the patch is at the moment and the forums are down :( but the Steam forums are speculating it is the LAA patch:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2306904

Nothing official though.

One player said:

Regardless you may want to hold off patching till more news.

LOL! The only thing the patch is for is LAA. This is The Thing The Modders Have Been Asking For. They're doing what people want and here's the reaction they get:

"Durr you might want to hold off on installing the fix you've all been asking for!!!!!"

LOL! The only thing the patch is for is LAA. This is The Thing The Modders Have Been Asking For. They're doing what people want and here's the reaction they get:

"Durr you might want to hold off on installing the fix you've all been asking for!!!!!"

Perhaps you should re-read the first post, the original poster was unsure what the patch did as at the time no comment had been made, since previous patches caused problems for people then yes holding off made absolute sense.

Perhaps reading more carefully and being polite are the order of the day? Ridiculing someone who was being helpful is quite unnecessary...

Daniel.

Perhaps you should re-read the first post, the original poster was unsure what the patch did as at the time no comment had been made, since previous patches caused problems for people then yes holding off made absolute sense.

Perhaps reading more carefully and being polite are the order of the day? Ridiculing someone who was being helpful is quite unnecessary…

Daniel.

I agree I had the last two patches change keys that I couldn't change and other problems. I want to see if the new patch fixes or breaks more things.

Aye I wasn't complaining about anything ... well except they patched without releasing any notes to explain what the patch was.

I know patches broke some things for some folks so was just giving a heads up. I was also using the 4G mod so was rather excited at the news myself, if true, so I could get rid of it.

I think its a good thing they added it.

I've only gotten 4 hours with it installed, but I didn't have any crashes or anything unusual happen. If you want to be cautious, I play every night and will update the thread if issues arise.

This patch will re-write your hard drive. Not only that, it will scramble any disks that are even close to your computer.

It will recalibrate your refrigerator’s coolness setting so all your ice cream goes melty. It will demagnetize the strips on all your credit cards, screw up the tracking on your television and use subspace field harmonics to scratch any CDs you try to play. It will give your ex your new phone number. It will mix Kool-aid into your fishtank. It will leave dirty socks on the coffee table when company comes over. It will hide your car keys when you are late for work. It moves your car randomly around parking lots so you can’t find it. It will kick your dog.

It is insidious and subtle. It is dangerous and terrifying to behold. It is also a rather interesting shade of mauve. This patch will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the toilet seat up. And it will leave bacon cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase grade-schoolers with your new snowblower.

You have been warned.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Brilliant. Thanks for making me laugh like I haven't laughed in days. :D

Nice. RE the patch, I am holding off. Apparently the large memory capability does nothing for 32 bit XP machines (e.g. mine), so this is yet another patch I will not get, despite the stealth patching attempts by Steam. :p

Why doesn't Bethesda fix things that the community hasn't fixed already?

Have you tried 3 gigs user memory switch for 32 bit system Thrasher?

I have read that it can break already installed software, and quite frankly don't want to take the chance, since I also use the computer for work.

I may have mispoken untintentionally, though. Does this fix actually help those of us on XP 32 bit? I may have just processed the bad effects without the good. It must be the time of year. :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom