Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Looking good

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wccftech reports that Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 looks stunning:

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Animations Look Incredible in New Gameplay Footage; DLSS, FSR Support Confirmed

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 is going to feature some impressive animations, judging from some new gameplay footage that is making the rounds online.

The new gameplay footage, which can be watched below, courtesy of @ASexyBiscuit, was shown on Czech television, providing a quick look at one of the game's cities, likely the royal city of Kuttenberg, where most of the game will take place, complete with some NPCs going around their business. Not only does the city look impressive, but the NPC's animations look incredible, highlighting even more how the next entry in the series will be a major step forward to its predecessor.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Alright, it's time for me to pick up the pace with my Talhoffer swordsman training before release to get in shape for the combat! :)
Can't wait to play another Kingdom Come, i really enjoyed the game because i'm seriously doing medival fencing and archery and i really liked their combat animations.

Not only does the city look impressive, but the NPC's animations look incredible, highlighting even more how the next entry in the series will be a major step forward to its predecessor.
Yep, it looks great, but where exactly do "the NPC's animations look incredible"?

KCD2, STALKER2 and GTA6 are the heavyweights I'm looking forward to in the next couple years. I'll see wich one of them will force me to upgrade my PC... I thought it would be GTA6, but here's KCD2. The first is one of my favourites of all time.

And of course, much further away, the next Cyberpunk, Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

KCD2, STALKER2 and GTA6 are the heavyweights I'm looking forward to in the next couple years. I'll see wich one of them will force me to upgrade my PC... I thought it would be GTA6, but here's KCD2. The first is one of my favourites of all time.
Well hopefully you won't need to upgrade for KCD2. The first game was a beast back in 2018, but this is using the same engine albeit a newer version of it. I don't think the system requirements will be as high compared to KCD at release.

Well, considering that my i7 10770K with a RTX 3080 won't have great framerate in Rattay, I can only imagine an upgraded engine in Kuttenberg. Being the city in a seperate map may mitigate the Rattay problem in the first game, but I'll wait and see...

Well, considering that my i7 10770K with a RTX 3080 won't have great framerate in Rattay, I can only imagine an upgraded engine in Kuttenberg. Being the city in a seperate map may mitigate the Rattay problem in the first game, but I'll wait and see...
Strange. I have the same CPU and an RTX 3070, but I didn't have any performance problem (I played a little more than 1 year ago). I was actually surprised since the game had been notorious for its bad performances.

Strange. I have the same CPU and an RTX 3070, but I didn't have any performance problem (I played a little more than 1 year ago). I was actually surprised since the game had been notorious for its bad performances.
There's a noticeable performance drop in Rattay, although not to the point interfering with the gameplay. I don't remember the framerates, but I remember it was noticeable the impact on the framerate when inside Rattay. I've played in 3840x1600 resolution.

Maybe it was an engine limitation or something, because neither the CPU or GPU were close to 100% usage. Also, this problem happens in the console versions too.

I can only imagine a bigger city with more NPCs. Maybe the engine's upgrades eliminated this problem.

We all know it looks good as it's the latest version of the Cry Engine. Though as you see based on a few reddit Q&A's the engine does have some limitations. Like children.

Still remember Crysis being released and not having a good CPU to max it out.

We all know it looks good as it's the latest version of the Cry Engine. Though as you see based on a few reddit Q&A's the engine does have some limitations. Like children.

Still remember Crysis being released and not having a good CPU to max it out.
I was lucky because my PC was fairly recent. I remember being blown away by the look and the effects in that game. It was also quite good for a shooter.

I was lucky because my PC was fairly recent. I remember being blown away by the look and the effects in that game. It was also quite good for a shooter.
I enjoyed Crysis a lot, but I couldn't run it on high settings even quite a few years after it was released. They even dumbed the visuals down a bit for the sequel I think so it could run better for a larger audience.

I enjoyed Crysis a lot, but I couldn't run it on high settings even quite a few years after it was released. They even dumbed the visuals down a bit for the sequel I think so it could run better for a larger audience.
I was wondering which games were using CryEngine 5, and in the process, I found that Far Cry was using CE in the first game, then Dunia in the following titles (Dunia is a fork of the original CryEngine). Prey was also using it, though I don't know which version. Since it was released in 2017, it could have been version 5, but I didn't find any info on that.

Hopefully it's not too demanding.

I was wondering which games were using CryEngine 5, and in the process, I found that Far Cry was using CE in the first game, then Dunia in the following titles (Dunia is a fork of the original CryEngine). Prey was also using it, though I don't know which version. Since it was released in 2017, it could have been version 5, but I didn't find any info on that.
Far Cry was also the first commercial game to use DirectX 9. I still remember how impressive the lighting seemed at the time.

I always thought Prey used the Unreal engine for some reason. I find it interesting that Arkane used 3 different engines for Dishonored, Prey, and Dishonored 2.

I always thought Prey used the Unreal engine for some reason.
The Typhon Hunter extension used UE4. It looks like it's a separate game, though it requires Prey. The reception wasn't good at all: 'Mostly negative' on Steam.

I've read speculations about the use of different engines, like the port to other platforms being easier with CE and the MP being easier with UE. I have no idea if it's true, but it's a possible explanation.

Yes, the lighting was impressive. Among other niceties, there was a dynamic sun, and it struck me because it was turning the wrong way in the sky (E-N-W instead of E-S-W). I realized it was because the action took place in the south hemisphere. One of the things they live differently down there. :)

Back
Top Bottom