Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Kickstarter Video

You know, reading through their pitch again, this game seems almost too perfect…
I really hope they can live up to those promises! :fingerscrossed:

I mean,

"Our world is a living, breathing, and COMPLEX ecosystem, ready to be toyed with. Everything happens for a reason, every character has his/her daily routine, and every routine can be affected by the player. Characters are able to react properly to all player actions and adjust their routines to them."

They're sure pushing all my buttons, damn. :worship:

Last edited:
Everything that they described is already present in Mount and Blade: Warband - nothing new to attract my attention.

The difference is in combat which is 1st person (as in Chivlery), and don't know how mounted combat is going to work with this prospective.

I will hold of this one in favour of Bannerlords, which hopefully will come out before this is released.

Spoon, story. We get a story.
You will dive deep into a sweeping, epic, nonlinear story from Daniel Vávra

IIRC Mount and Blade is solitaire meets horseback riding nostory game. Or I'm wrong? Wrong or not, while I will never buy M&B, this one I'll pledge.

Gotta give joxer that one… One of the reasons I never bothered playing M&B much was the lack of a proper story.

Everything that they described is already present in Mount and Blade: Warband - nothing new to attract my attention.

Just the combat, though. M&B was a glorified, open-world combat simulator, really. There was no real depth in the world and only very basic NPC interactions.
Don't get me wrong, I love it for what it is, but this game promises SO much more...

On a side-note, I love that the water of the rivers is a murky, dark-green, instead of a sparkly, perfect blue like in so many RPGs. :)

Well one can't do much for the lack of initiative and imagination to make your own adventure in Mount and Blade should you be inclined.

Nevertheless, there are stories in Mount and Blade and quests that lead you and give you stronger purpose. You are free to follow them and in fact recieve more experience points if you complete them compared to battles.

What type of quests you have in Mount and Blade you ask? well the type of quests that are described on this Kickstarter's page:

"That’s why our quests are different. Play as a medieval investigator searching for a mass murderer, lay siege to a bandit fort with an army at your back, experience epic battles between armored knights, interrogate, bribe, threaten, love, help, fight… It’s up to you to decide what to do. There are multiple ways to finish every quest - use your sword, quick fingers, or your wit."

Just the combat, though. M&B was a glorified, open-world combat simulator, really. There was no real depth in the world and only very basic NPC interactions.

Basic interactions that give you choice and lead to different consequences (peace, war, death, companionship, marriage .. etc.) - like the interactions that you have in Deus Ex.

Spoon sorry I really don't want you to hate me just because we disagree over only one game (and share opinion on most of others).

From the KS presentation:
The exploration of the world is free. If you don’t want to play the main quest line, it will “wait” for you, and you can go about exploring the world and doing other stuff – side quests, random events, hunting, crafting, small side stories, and much more.
This really doesn't look as mount and blade to me but instead it looks like any has-story-RPG for example Fallout series. I could be wrong as I didn't play M&B.

I thought the presentation was quite good and the game is clearly story driven (unlike M&B) so I think it might be interesting. Kind of wish it had a little magic :) but understand their perspective there.

Spoon sorry I really don't want you to hate me just because we disagree over only one game (and share opinion on most of others).

I never hate you joxer and do enjoy your posts and opinions - disagreement is natural and is no cause for hate - he said:p.

This really doesn't look as mount and blade to me but instead it looks like any has-story-RPG for example Fallout series. I could be wrong as I didn't play M&B.

In fact it is. The world in Mount and Blade is a living and breathing world and you are free to do what you like (I thought you hated that part). It is one of the few games where the world does not revolve around the player and 'time' is a game factor.

Just test the demo for Warband, what will you lose - you will see what I mean.

As for an overarching story, you can create your own (e.g. marry the horse, sorry, the women that you like), or follow the game's one - dominate the whole map with strong fist, diplomacy and money, or by both.

I have been looking forward to this game since I first heard about it. I'm all in.

I have mixed feelings on this. Admittedly it looks gorgeous, and it'd be neat to play for a few hours. But something tells me it would get boring pretty quickly. I've always had that romantic view of the medieval period of hist'ry, with shiny armor and hot princesses, etc. But this game looks to be more about riding horses, slogging it out in alleys with drunk idiots, and being a low-level pawn who can't afford nice armor.

It's real, yes. But the real medieval period was tough, violent in a not-fun way, dirty, depressing, everyone had bad teeth and smelled, and a good percentage of the folks you knew died young for one reason or another. I just don't see the appeal in living in that world very long, other than for morbid curiosity.

That said, it brings up an interesting concept in gaming: historical super-reality (or perhaps someone can come up with a better term). Perhaps someone will make a realistic piracy game, where you really have to wipe your butt with chorded rope and puke over spoiled rum whilst lost at sea for 3 months of real-time game days seeing nothing but the open blue and the toothless psychopaths in your crew. Or play as an FBI agent in the Prohibition period of American history, where 90% your real game time is spent doing paperwork at a desk and only rarely do you put axes to barrels.

Some people would probably really enjoy all that.

Wow! This game screams for a new pc. I'm in at baron level. Drooling like the rest but can they really pull this off in less than two years? Looks like it should be the first 50 gig game.
The kickstarter is already up to 82k so they will probably double the guy's investment by next month.

Some people would probably really enjoy all that.

That's what Occulus rifts and eye sensors are for. People do want that, believe it or not.

It looks very pretty. I guess instead of "half-naked Elven warriors", are we going to have pox ridden whores?

I might go in if they gave digital version of all 3 acts at a reasonable price.

Perhaps there's a small chance that they revert their plans of going with 3 acts. If this KS campaign goes crazy and collects like £1 million, perhaps the investor will open his wallet and let enough money flow to realize this project as it was originally meant to be. If he can be persuaded by a KS campaign to fund, why shouldn't he be persuaded by an outstanding KS campaign to fund even more?

It's quickly closing in on 100k. I wonder if they intend to do stretch goals or not. The 300k is basically a confidence vote so perhaps they've completely mapped out their development plan and don't intend to offer additional features as stretch goals.

Back
Top Bottom