Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Kickstarter Video

I don't think that stretch goals make sense in this campaign as its main purpose is not to collect money, but to convince the private investor that there's a market for the game.
It's already very ambitious without any further stretch goals… except reverting the plan with 3 chapters. ;)

I don't think that stretch goals make sense in this campaign as its main purpose is not to collect money, but to convince the private investor that there's a market for the game.
It's already very ambitious without any further stretch goals… except reverting the plan with 3 chapters. ;)

Yes, this is my thinking as well. It seems appropriate in this case.

reverting the plan with 3 chapters. ;)
That would render those expensive King/Collecotr editions useless...
Or not? Instead of three chapters of one game, they can put all chapters in one and then opt for additional 2 (hopefully huge) games.

I really dislike breaking game into 3 separate games but development cost for large single game would be enormous.I think this is only way we will get the game.

The kickstarter campaign seems a bit erratic to me. Based on that, although I like the concept, I think I'll be waiting for it to pop up on Steam at some point in the future.

True. But Larian Studios tweeted about this game, maybe they're interested into investing? We'll see...

A sort of news from comments:
Creator Warhorse Studios 20 minutes ago

@Mark and many other: We shall be opening our own forum in next couple days and I think it will be much better place for a discussion about specific aspects of the game. I could go into great length about the role of church, witchcraft, etc. but I think it'll better to leave it there
Somehow I like that idea. All those updates from supported projects fill my gmail subfolder too fast!

Right now it looks like its just a question of if it hits the goal in less then 24 hrs.
I'm sure its been asked before but will kickstarter continue after that point and can they still get money?

Right now it looks like its just a question of if it hits the goal in less then 24 hrs.
I'm sure its been asked before but will kickstarter continue after that point and can they still get money?

The Kickstarter is going to be up until the "clock" stop: Thursday Feb 20, 4:00pm EST. People can still pledge until that date is reached, so they can make more than 300k easily going by the current speed.

Huh... they are already at 37 percent of their funding goal... they do have a quick start.

I too, think it's overly ambitious, but I am of course intrigued. None of my kickstarter projects have delivered yet (Original Sin is close though). So I am really hesitant to fund yet another.

Have some faith. The stuff I backed and already released, not a singe one utterly disappointed me.

Of course can't expect there will be no letdown with other projects not released yet, but I'd feel bad if I didn't back projects I trust that can be very good.

I also have to say I think most publishers are idiots. I see no reason to pass on this game. It has so much potential, and all they care about is selling millions of copies.:shakefist:

Definitely. And how many times have publishers dropped proven niche titles because they wanted to make the big money with more mainstream products, and then ended up closing their doors because their attempt at chasing the easy money came to naught?

Anyway, game actually looks like Mount & Blade on steroids, to me. I don't really see the influences of those other three titles in that video. And that's fine. I liked Mount & Blade a lot, but got bored pretty fast due to there not really being a whole lot to do other than the warfare simulation. Add an RPG sandbox to that and beef the production values? I'm sold.

I played Shadowrun Returns, but didn't back it. I think I got my twenty bucks worth, but not a whole lot more. I would have been disappointed in it had I backed it for fifty or a hundred.

I did back the Banner Saga. So far it hasn't grabbed me, but I haven't had time to give it a fair shot. I also only went in ten dollars on it, so it has a low bar to clear. Of my major pledges, four (Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera and Divinity: Original Sin) seem to be shaping up fairly well, and one (Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption) is struggling.

I'm leaning towards backing this, but I'll have to examine the reward tiers more closely before deciding by how much. They seem to be off to a good start, but Kickstarters typically pull in the bulk of their money in the first and last few days with a long trough in between. That could be problematic in this case, since the Kickstarter is really to demonstrate strong interest among the prospective player base to reassure the real investor funding the development. A Kickstarter that blows past the threshold early on will be much more convincing than one that barely limps across the finish line at the last minute.

In fact it is. The world in Mount and Blade is a living and breathing world and you are free to do what you like (I thought you hated that part). It is one of the few games where the world does not revolve around the player and 'time' is a game factor.
I share your enthusiasm for M&B but at this point the thing to consider is that the third installment of the game, M&B: BannerLord, is substantially done and will no doubt be released before even the betas of the two CryEngine games on KS now. The new game promises a little more on the story side as well as other improvements. Plus, Taleworlds is now a known quantity to me since I've been playing their stuff since 2006 alpha state in their own early-buy-in program.

More than 50% in the first 24h. Wonder if some publishers doubt their opinion that there's no interest in such games.

I share your enthusiasm for M&B but at this point the thing to consider is that the third installment of the game, M&B: BannerLord, is substantially done and will no doubt be released before even the betas of the two CryEngine games on KS now. The new game promises a little more on the story side as well as other improvements. Plus, Taleworlds is now a known quantity to me since I've been playing their stuff since 2006 alpha state in their own early-buy-in program.

Reading Bannerlords blogs adds to my enthusiasm as they describe improvements in many aspects and additions. Their next Blog 4 (flexible entries, into castle during sieges that is) is on its way to describe the improvements in sieges with screenshots.

Last edited:
The thing that keeps me from backing

Approx. gameplay time: 30 hours (Act 1), 70+ hours (all 3 acts)

This splitting in acts, I dont like it. Means I will not get a finished story for my pledge.

Maybe I'd rather wait to see what this ends up like. It's not like they are in any real need for more pledges.

The engine used is currently not allowing another approach. Doesn't mean there won't be mods that "fix" that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom