King's Bounty: The Legend Thread

@Kostaz: You'll find that these kind of points keep cropping up, and you have to leave the map you're on and try to find some other fights somewhere that you can win. I think I went back to the cemetery area and finished off the swamp quests at that point in the game, or possibly the pirate area, but now that I've played Armored Princess, I get the two games confused. :) Anyway, mix it up—usually there's something on an older map you couldn't do at the time, and when you hit a sticking point like this, you can go back and do it for the money and experience, and pretty soon you find going back to where you were is easier.

Try to get your main schools of magic and spells up as high as you can if that's your main offense, otherwise work on your rage.

Are there any troops that I absolutely must try?

An undead army can be a great deal of fun. Ancient vampires, cursed ghosts, and necromancers make for some prime buttkicking.

Also make sure you suppress some items if you haven't already and are short on experience. At the Dwarven Castle you can buy a little Gremlin Castle (?) that you can enter for more fights that range from easy to very hard ... don't know if you are at that point yet.

Also, after the first mine and you get above ground again, there's a quest for the smith, I believe, that will net you your next best damage spell, geyser! Run past the hard fights in the first mine to get there.

Also, I would swap out your bears for inquisitors. They can bless and create rage with holy rage, can ressurect, and have a decent ranged attack. They really help to reduce your losses especially if you use them with time back and/or gift.

I just finished Hass' Labyrinth. What a crazy mess that was. ;) Everything is cleared out except for a few pirate ships, Ardemon Baal, and Murock. My current army is

- Dryads (best unit I've found yet for the thorn summons, sleep, no retliation attacks, high speed, and morale for elves)
- Demons (great for summons)
- Elven archers
- Hunters
- Inquisitors

I try to use summons for melee / meat shields to play with no losses (with much use of the ressurect spell...)

An undead army can be a great deal of fun. Ancient vampires, cursed ghosts, and necromancers make for some prime buttkicking.
Unfortunately I've run out of Necromancers and Vampires even before going to the Pirate lands.

Also make sure you suppress some items if you haven't already and are short on experience. At the Dwarven Castle you can buy a little Gremlin Castle (?) that you can enter for more fights that range from easy to very hard … don't know if you are at that point yet.
I've suppressed wherever I can.The fights in the Gremlin Castle range from slightly harder to impossible :-/

Also, after the first mine and you get above ground again, there's a quest for the smith, I believe, that will net you your next best damage spell, geyser! Run past the hard fights in the first mine to get there.
I've run all the way to that that guy that has a train but no quest I found rewards a geyser.
Also, I would swap out your bears for inquisitors. They can bless and create rage with holy rage, can ressurect, and have a decent ranged attack. They really help to reduce your losses especially if you use them with time back and/or gift.
I would if I could but the only place that had them was that Magic School near the capital.

I noticed that my Sleesh is lvl 15 but I still don't have Glot's Armor.

The geyser spell:
The item you'll need for the geyser spell reward is from one of the treasure hunting quests in the pirate isle. You hand it over to the dwarf in the tavern right after you get out of the mine completely—not the train guy, that's a different map I'm pretty sure—and the scroll will show up in your spellbook afterwards.

The rage skill choices at level up can be really random and infuriating. Eventually Glot's Armor should turn up.

Re: the Undead—there are more of them in the Undead lands but to get there you have to fight some moderately hard stacks in the Elf land. You might go there (via the Elven lands) as soon as you can beat the dwarf king's main quest and try, though. Your troop choices on both those maps will get much much better once you get there.

Regarding finding inqusitors, I could only find a few sources, until reaching Demonis, and had to carefully make sure none got killed to keep the troop level maxed. I think I also used sacrifice to boost my contigent a few times. The first source was the mage tower in the first Darion area, the second was the mage tower in the forest, the third was the castle in the swamps where you have defeat the boy, the fourth was the guy that sells you a ship in right when you first arrive at the freedom islands.

I can confirm what Mags said about the geyser spell. :)

Thanks for that one!
I finally got the geyser spell and bought Phantom,I'm still weak but it looks like I'll have to sacrifice some units to get a level.

While wandering in the underground sea I found the portal to Demonis.

Cool place,I've been avoiding all fights and have bought Armageddon,Necro Call and Sheep.I've also gotten a level from an experience shine!

I'm thinking of going for a demon army skipping the elves :-\

So what are the best demon units?

Last edited:
Demonesses can attack across a hex like marauders, and are useful for charming human and elven fighter units, swapping out opposing stacks with your own(i.e., exchanging the position of the enemy's ranged stack with one of your melee ones) and also have high morale if you have the she-fighter's ring(Anga's Ruby)Cerberi are okay and can attack three adjacent units, the gogs throw fireballs, which means you have to watch you don't damage your own troops. Demons and demonesses are probably the best all around.

Can demons be combined with Undead?

Yes, with the usual penalties (IOW, you'd better have level 2 tolerance to avoid that morale hit).

It looks like Undead and Demons are a great combination.
I'm still in the elven lands doing quests but I can finally handle things.

My army at the moment is:
Necromancers
Black Dragons
Bone Dragons\Demonesses
Demons
Scoffer Imps

Everything is still "Strong" or Very Strong but I can beat them without losses.

Thanks for helping

Is there any way to beat Karador?!

I found it real easy. Lots of firestorms helps immensely! Also keep your ranged attackers safe behind the barrers. Finally, for the dragons, place traps where you expect them to land. They can take them out in one shot. :)

I found it real easy.
FFS!
Lots of firestorms helps immensely!
Lucky me,I don't have that yet.
My Geyser is pretty strong(1.2K-2.5K damage) but either Karador or his glass/crystal resurrects anything as soon as it's down.

My dragons-demons army wasn't strong enough for him and I got them killed,now I'm trying to figure out what to use.

Back
Top Bottom