King's Bounty: The Legend Thread

And:
  • do not kill his stacks only reduce them first.
  • Use Necro spell to use yourself the dead stack.
  • Use Dryad to summon thorn that can use themselves dead stacks.
  • Or use Thorn Queen for the same purpose than Dryads, or use both.
  • Take care of initiative chain to try kill a stack only if you have the unit to control it right after or the spell initiative to your the dead stack.

The other trouble of this fight are the necro enemies, they involve a different series of trick. It's more complicate to explain, the main trick is to close contact a stack to avoid it cast its damage area spell. And the Necro stack reduction are the top priority of this fight.

And the little trouble can come from one very strong close range attack stack coming to you like a huge skeleton stack, Ice Shard and Thorns summoned are an excellent trick for this point.

Move units into the same hex as a fallen troop, then he can't resurrect them.
My units eventually die and he resurrects them..

I think my new army should definitely have Shamans as they will place totems on dead troops.Maybe Evil Beholders because of their special ability.Will an all-rangers army survive?

Edit: @ Dasale I'll try that

Edit: @ Dasale I'll try that
Yes but the JDR13 trick I didn't repeat is major too. I think it's the more tricky fight of all the game so don't desperate, even with tricks it is a rude one sometimes depending of random.

I can't see how I could possibly deal with the constant resurrection,once my unit moves/dies from the hex with the dead enemy he can resurrect them again.Totems don't work too.

I found the firestorm spell in Demonis. Maybe you can find it there?

Also, the more you damage the crystal, the less he is able to ressurect and wreak other havok (I think).

What diffculty level are you playing on?

Thorns are great for runing his ressurects. Create an stack of thorns, starting with the dryads, and then use the throns special ability to create new thorns from their corpses, and then repeat. Thorns are great distractions. :)

I found the firestorm spell in Demonis. Maybe you can find it there?
Nope already checked there,thrice.

What diffculty level are you playing on?
Normal,and I see that I can't switch it to easy.

I've been trying to win that fight for 3 days..I'm on the verge of quiting the game,It's clear that I suck at it.

Are there any harder battles in the game?
Cause if there aren't I'll cheat my way past this one.

I played on impossible, and that battle was one of the few ones which was a little bit challanging….. did you defeat the other units in the land of the dead and elven lands and collect all the loot before attacking him? Maybe you are trying to attack him too early?

Also he will run out of mana……..

I played on impossible, and that battle was one of the few ones which was a little bit challanging….. did you defeat the other units in the land of the dead and elven lands and collect all the loot before attacking him? Maybe you are trying to attack him too early?
I'm lvl 26 and I've killed everyone in the elven lands without losses,I've left a couple of black dragons cause they're immune to magic but everything else was pretty easy.

Also he will run out of mana……..
By the time he does I'm already dead.

I can now take the crystal out by Round 3 but that still leaves his army to wipe me out.

That was by far the toughest battle in the entire game for me. I had my undead army ready to rock (ancient vamps, necros, cursed ghosts, elven archers, inquisitors), and I still finished that fight with less than 10 ancient vampires to my name. Part of the problem is that I didn't realize I needed to kill the crystal until I was already beaten down.

I'm lvl 26 and I've killed everyone in the elven lands without losses,I've left a couple of black dragons cause they're immune to magic but everything else was pretty easy.

Hmm, that's strange level 26... should be easy.. maybe you need to rethink what troops you are using? also are you playing as mage, paladin or warrior?

I will be glad to give you enough advice to pass the battle if you give me detailed information on what troops you are facing and what troops you are using... and stats etc!"

I will be glad to give you enough advice to pass the battle if you give me detailed information on what troops you are facing and what troops you are using… and stats etc!"
That would be great
I'm a mage with 29 Intelect,15 Defence,10 Attack,Mana 168 and Rage 63.My Leadership is around 10k and most of my rage spirits(except Lina) are around lvl 20.
I'm still trying to find a working combination of troops so I don't have a final army.Karadors army is in the attached screenshot.

After using grease my fireball can hit the crystall for 5K damage so I can destroy it as soon as Round 3 starts.

I'm thinking about using an all demon army and nuking the battlefield with Armageddons(3-5K dmg) but I won't be able to cast more than 2 or 3 as it drains 50 points of mana.

Attachments

• kb 2010-04-09 17-13-29-06.jpg
    kb 2010-04-09 17-13-29-06.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 23
Hang in there Kostaz. You've gotten a lot of good advice so all I'll add is that having some form of Resurrection is really helpful for this battle. You can use the Time Back rage spell, Sacrifice, or the straight up Rez spell at level 3 + level 3 healer skill, (that's how I made it through.) Also, the Phantom spell is great, and works along the same lines as having thorns and summons to attract the enemy. It's a difficult fight as a mage because your leadership limits the size of your stacks and your rage is also less, but being able to rez/clone at least a few of your troops can keep you going til you wipe out the crystal, whereupon you just have to resort to high damage attacks.

I recommend Shamans and demon troops for the best lineup. If you don't take a morale hit from using the Dryads/Demon combination, the extra summons you get from those units can definitely help keep you going. Good luck!

REJOICE!
Demons+Shamans with heavy use of Armageddon did the trick.This was definitely the most hard and frustrating battle in any game I've ever played.
Thank you all for helping a noob.

I'm not sure I want to continue after so much frustration,will that labyrinth I've read about here be harder?

Nope. You've cleared the toughest fight. The labyrinth isn't a cakewalk, mind you, but no battle pushed me closer to actually losing than that one.

edit- I'd give some real thought to getting a stack of knights. Their bonus against dragons is very useful for the endgame.

Congrats, Kostaz. There are some hard fights in and just past the Labyrinth, but nothing quite so frustrating. Another tip for the dragon fighting--the spell Dragon Slayer becomes mass when you raise it to level 3, and is a useful buff to have in a lot of the upcoming fights, if you have the crystals.

Good to know,now I'll have to figure out how to kill Baal first.

I've followed Arhu's advice in this thread and got Alchemy as soon as I could,I've got more than enough crystals for anything.

Put care anyway in your crystal use, even if you optimized their use you won't be able to learn all spells at max level. But well if you already got those you wanted at level you wanted then it's fine.

Congrats on making it past that one!

I probably had an easier time with it since I am playing on easy difficulty and had the firestorm spell. :)

Back
Top Bottom