New Mass Effect - What Do Gamers Want?

I'd like to see it made by someone other than Bioware. ;)

Well, small team of former Piranha Bytes colleagues led by Mke Hoge already works on Spacetime - open world space exploration RPG. Inspired mainly by Star Trek Bridge Commander, Voyager and Mass Effect.

Well I have yet to see an official announcement of Spacetime Farflame. Mike Hoge used to be active on the Gothic forums, but has been been quiet for over a year.

Moriendor shared this information two months ago.
Regarding Mike Hoge's project, there was an interesting turn of events recently when it was revealed that Daedalic is working on a space exploration game called 'The Long Journey Home'. Just like Mike Hoge's game, it is using the Unreal engine, and again also just like Mike Hoge's game, it is supposed to feature a soundtrack by Kai Rosenkranz.

Coincidence? Maybe. But if so a pretty massive one.

Also, Mike Hoge used to be quite talkative in the thread about his new project until late last year but not a single bleep since 12/23/2014. Maybe because he is simply too busy…. or because he is under publisher NDA now?

If you ask me, it's the same game. Spacetime = The Long Journey Home.
But we'll have to wait and see for an official confirmation as always…
I'm very interested to see what he is currently developing.:)

Yes I know about this game from Daedalic. There is too much coincidence so its either Hoge's project or some manager saw the pitch and stole (copy) it for Daedalic studio (less likely).

The project looks very interesting. If you want "more Star Trek, less Rambo in space", its definitely for you. At least according to the concept.

I would like them to build on the basis of first ME mixed with some elements of DA:I (not the MMO like stuff). Also I would like to be some "normal person" and not "the saviour of the universe kind of guy/gall".

Turn-based tactical combat… Since I know we won't get that, I'd settle for the ability to skip all of the tedious shooter style filler combat completely and just play through the dialogue to see how much my choices don't actually matter in the end.

Also I would like to be some "normal person" and not "the saviour of the universe kind of guy/gall".

Not gonna happen. BioWare is all about helping people who have confidence issues and that needs to save the universe on a weekly basis to feel good about themselves...or at least I prefer to thing of it that way than "they do it because it looks cool".

I'm apparently the only person who still likes grand storylines where I save the world/universe. I'd rather do that than be Burt the everyman who struggles to find his lost cat for 100 hours of epic adventure in his own, personal story…

I think both has its charm. I like it to go to down-to-earth places like pubs or market places where nobody knows the main character for being the world's potential saviour. Just RPing around a bit, making dialogues, doing simple sidequests and stuff.
If the main character gets too big that's not possible anymore without breaking immersion.

And I like huge world-saving quests as well. Because wow!, when it's done well.

I'd like to see more open space exploration and more RPG elements, like lots of stats and skills. Deep character customization and I'm not talking about hair styles and eyebrow ridge height. Hand-placed loot, hand-designed world with lots of nooks and crannies to explore.

You know, the usual stuff I look for in RPGs. ;)

Staggered DLC so it will take a year or more before we can ever fully play the game as intended. Please more quests with decisions that have no bearing or consequences for the long run. We love you ea, keep up the awesome job! :mwahaha:

Back
Top Bottom