New Paradox Game & DLC

yes he showed it a couple of weeks ago in Paradox Con to the devs, they said they would fix it in the first patch after release (they didn't have time to fix the exploit for release). Basically the Nation Designer doesn't consider the value of estuaries when assigning costs for provinces you add.

El dorado is a buggy mess. Definitely wait for a hot-fix.

Well every expansion breaks the game, and they usually have to release a few hot-fixes to patch the bugs. Its become commonplace that I'm not surprised anymore.:)

At least we can be grateful EU4 doesn't have the same late game performance problems like CK2. My understanding is that currently empires and the South American countries have significant issues.

I still play Hearts of Iron 3 and that game still has late game performance problems like CK II. Maybe its due to an engine limitation, or to many units on screen at once.

I've been playing it like non-stop since yesterday and haven't seen any bug (or I guess any bugs that I would notice). What are the bugs you're referring to, maybe they occur in areas I'm not playing?

Just started a new game as Utrecht. Goal is to form Netherlands.

It's not so easy with massive powers like Burgundy just next door warning me not to go to war. Need to wait ten years or get the others to attack me...

At least we can be grateful EU4 doesn't have the same late game performance problems like CK2. My understanding is that currently empires and the South American countries have significant issues.

hot-fix already out…
- Japanese Daimyos no longer start at high liberty desire in 1444.
- After Privilegia is revoked, Imperial vassals will no longer have hundreds of liberty desire from relative power to liege.
- AI now gets the correct amount of attrition.
- Manual exploration is now enabled for everyone.
- Fixed a bug that was causing countries warning you to be called in even when not declaring war on their neighbours.
- Europe will now properly get tradegoods in Custom Setup.
- Fixed some inconsistencies in Aggressive Expansion between tooltip and actual effect.
- Disabled most nation forming decisions for Custom Nations to prevent player-made AI nations from tag switching.
- Consolidate Regiments button will correctly enable to let you maximize the number of full strength regiments (as it was before).

———————————------------------------------------------------------------

Just started a new game as Utrecht. Goal is to form Netherlands.

It's not so easy with massive powers like Burgundy just next door warning me not to go to war. Need to wait ten years or get the others to attack me…
Do you have the Res Publica expansion? It was pretty much made for a Netherlands game.

Well not to me as I actually preferred EU3 over UE4. I'm not saying UE4 is a bad game, but some options were better in EU3 than what they changed in the sequel.^^

Last edited:
Well not to me as I actually preferred EU3 over UE4. I'm not saying UE4 is a bad game, but some options were better in EU3 than what they changed in the sequel.^^

But is it because they changed the interface or because they changed gameplay elements (e.g. monarch points instead of individual traders/diplomats that regenerate over time)

The game-play elements Pladio. It looks like the same is happening with HOI 4. It seems to be working as sales of their games have increased due to simplifying them.

Last edited:
I didn't enjoy the old ones as much because they were over-complexified...

The complexity in my opinion did not add anything valuable to the game.

I feel like the game now is fun to play and still retains a lot of complexities.

My new laptop died while I was on travel visiting my old folks. Fortunately I had given my old laptop to my dad a few years ago and it still had EU3 installed, so I played it... wow, I thought I liked it better than EU4, but really, EU4 is much better than EU3, I got used to so many improvements that I guess my mind took them for granted :)

There are a few things I do like how they are in EU3 better, but overall, hands down EU4 is a better experience.

I'm always in the minority wolfing when it comes to my opinions on games so I'm used to it. I just want my sliders back instead of the new nation Idea GUI in EU4.:)

Last edited:
Paradox released a free DLC to celebrate International Women’s Day.
Paradox Celebrates International Women’s Day With DLC

Free Europa Universalis IV Add-on Brings the Great Women of History

STOCKHOLM – The pages of history books are filled with the stories of great men – but also great women: artists, authors, councilors, and rulers. Would Tenochtitlan have fallen without the language skills of Malinche guiding Cortez? Had the reign of Edward IV not been cut short by illness, would England have still ruled the seas, deprived of the strong hand of Elizabeth I?

To mark International Women’s Day (March 8th) Paradox Development Studio has created a free update for Europa Universalis IV, adding 100 great women of history to the game. Each character can be generated through event triggers (a weak regency, a colonial empire, certain ideas, etc.). Players will then have choices about how to use this talented woman. Some may join your court as advisors, some might be suitable for riskier employment as rulers or leaders.
Thomas Johansson, the head of Paradox Development Studio, says that this DLC does something important for the company’s flagship title.

"It's no surprise that the role of women in history isn't as well known as that of men,” Johansson says. “Europa Universalis, admittedly, hasn't done a lot to foreground their contributions. We thought that International Women's Day was the best time to do a little bit to help balance the scales and introduce our audience to some very interesting people."

The Women’s History DLC is free for all Europa Universalis IV players and will be available on March 8th, 2015. The Full changelog is available here: forum.paradoxplaza.com

Back
Top Bottom