NVIDIA GTC Keynote, RTX 40, AI and Metaverse

It's sure sparked life into their stock. It went up around $100 per share last week.

I've made over 5K on just 20 shares of Nvidia this year. I'm kicking myself for not buying more.

David Gaider thinks 'A lot of effort is going to be wasted on this'.
Right now I agree but a few years from now the A.I tools will improve.

Last edited:
It's sure sparked life into their stock. It went up around $100 per share last week.

I've made over 5K on just 20 shares of Nvidia this year. I'm kicking myself for not buying more.
The big question is do you hold or sell ;)
--
I'm in the camp that ai as it is likely to be used is problematic. Don't get me wrong when experts use it - it is a most excellent tool but you have to understand what it is doing and know the limits (basically review the results). If you are simply dependent and simply trust the output problems are going to arise very quickly. Personally I think all content ai generated (this applies more to written text than applied results whether it is code or control) should be required to be labelled as such with huge penalty for failure to label; further from a legal perspective individual and corporate that depend on ai should be liable for ai errors 5x. This doesn't mean they shouldn't use ai but they can't simply pass the blame on ai 'errors' whether accidental or intentional.

Now this is unexpected. Nvidia will apparently be releasing updated versions of the 40xx series cards with slightly higher specs for approximately the same prices. They'll have the same names with the word "Super" attached. It looks like there's going to be an RTX 4060 Super, a 4070 Super, a 4080 Super, and a 4090 Super.

Depending on the card, they have more RAM, a larger Bus width, and/or more Cuda cores compared to the standard version of the same card.

TechTuber NorthWestRepair has shared a video showcasing the fault finding and repair of an Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition, one of the best graphics cards. What sets this video apart is that upon lifting the GPU, a bug was revealed. Unfortunately, a physical winged insect got in between the GPU and the PCB pads during assembly, with the worst possible timing.

Back
Top Bottom