Recommend me an awesome RPG 2005-2012

River of Time is the second in the series so you might want to pick up the first and second game. I only played the second and didn't feel lost at all. It's an all-around average game, IMHO. The graphics aren't great but they aren't bad, either. The story is fine but not particularly memorable. The combat is fun but I've seen better. (Though there was a quest involving a cow that was pretty funny.)
The best part about the Drakensang series is, in my opinion, the character development. Anyone who gets a kick out of a deep & flexible character customization system should give these a shot.

I didn't enjoy the Phileasson's Secret DLC much. I've heard it's better if you actually know a thing or two about the Dark Eye game universe but I don't, so I had little idea who these people were or why I cared to save them.

Looks like you can get all three from Amazon for $15. That's less than what Steam wants for just River of Time.

I've got a working knowledge of the DE universe but I didn't really like the Phileassons DLC either. You actually pegged it dead on... Why are we rescuing them? Who are they?
It just seemed disjointed to me.

Philly is a hybrid between drizzt, volo and a viking; the fall of the highelfs and their lost cities are a big part of the TDE-Lore - that said, Phillies Secret is a horrible bad piece of software wich should be buried in the mexican desert right next to the E.T.-Cartridges.

Yet I've finished it somehow… it was a boring chore, if there wasn't a Armor-Set for Fighter/Mages as reward, I would have skipped it and would have spared me a lot of nerdrage.

That said, River of Time is great.

The first drakensang is very mediocre. It's good enough if you don't mind railroaded run-of-the-mill plots.

The Games have the best Character-System I've seen in Videogames.

I can only recommend the River of Time Main Game, and IMO you don't loose anything if you haven't played the first game; RoT is a prequel, and you play two different characters.

Back
Top Bottom