RPGWatch Feature: Book Review - The Stolen Throne

Entertaining review, PJ.

Now, I'm not planning to read Gaider's books anytime soon, but I'm curious how was the gay romance in "The Calling" done. Was it good?

I just wanted to post a quick followup after my remarks about The Stolen Throne. I have now also read The Calling and I quite enjoyed it.

I do not know if it's because I was far less critical as I was reading or not. As I mentioned previously, I found myself constantly analyzing The Stolen Throne as I was reading it, which limited my enjoyment somewhat. I cannot say if that was my fault or that of the author, but it's possible it was the former.

With The Calling I did get more absorbed into the story and characters. I admit that some of my complaints about the first book would also apply to the second, but, again, I found them more forgivable.

Most importantly for our community, I feel that, like the first book, The Calling offers a very good glimpse into Dragon Age. Where the first one tended to do a good job of introducing the world, I believe, but cannot be sure, that the second introduces us more into the events that will be influencing the game.
I'm curious how was the gay romance in "The Calling" done. Was it good?
I know you were asking PJ, but I just wanted to say that I felt this was handled very well. I've read others who felt differently, however.

Back
Top Bottom