Skyrim - Special Edition October 28th

I want mob respawns also. World would feel too empty without.

Eh, I'll stick to the old version...already a hassle setting it up before.
Probably will only use CBBE and Brumbek's pottery mods for this. ;)

Does this "special" edition include no_mobrespawns option?

I hope not, walking around an empty open world game would be no fun.

I said OPTION.
When it comes to games design, I'm not trying to force something on the audience without letting them to choose. You want to grind, awsome. You don't want to, okay, here's a nice and shiny option.

See, I used norespawn mod in FO4 and my world wasn't empty. Then again, I wasn't keeping my character on the same location for months. Some people want that, and it's okay, their style.

Same goes for mushroom lovers. I have nothing against them, but when a game for example Neptunia is trying to force the audience to buy mushrooms, that's bullshit.

What saddens me the most is games that disallow choices usually get GOTY crown. Like, we're nostalgic for dark ages inquisition so will be awarding the worst torturer.

I said OPTION.
When it comes to games design, I'm not trying to force something on the audience without letting them to choose. You want to grind, awsome. You don't want to, okay, here's a nice and shiny option.

See, I used norespawn mod in FO4 and my world wasn't empty. Then again, I wasn't keeping my character on the same location for months. Some people want that, and it's okay, their style.

Same goes for mushroom lovers. I have nothing against them, but when a game for example Neptunia is trying to force the audience to buy mushrooms, that's bullshit.

What saddens me the most is games that disallow choices usually get GOTY crown. Like, we're nostalgic for dark ages inquisition so will be awarding the worst torturer.

I know you said option. I just don't want to see Bethesda waste time on something that so few people want. The norespawn mod on nexus has only 4000 downloads for a game that sold over 20 million. If they were going to integrate a mod I'd want it to be skyui.

Besides options is what skyrim is all about. Bethesda did a great job with mod support. The number of options (mods) is staggering.

Just build the game you want, or as close to it as possible.

Very tempted to replay, may even finish it this time. Have some mods in mind for a different experience. Will existing mods - i.e. companion mods - need to be updated for compatibility? I have no DLCs for this game so might grab a DLC or two, any recommendations on which add the most value to the gaming experience?

Very tempted to replay, may even finish it this time. Have some mods in mind for a different experience. Will existing mods - i.e. companion mods - need to be updated for compatibility? I have no DLCs for this game so might grab a DLC or two, any recommendations on which add the most value to the gaming experience?

The Special Edition is based off the Legendary version which include all of Skyrim DLCs. That also means that if you want the special edition for free on PC, you need to own the Legendary version or all the DLCs.

Will existing mods - i.e. companion mods - need to be updated for compatibility?

Mods with no scripts or dependency on SKSE should be compatible

Back
Top Bottom