Star Trek: Infinite Abandoned by Paradox

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new Star Trek strategy game has been announced from Paradox.

We are pleased to announce Star Trek: Infinite, a new game developed with the team at Nimble Giant Entertainment. Bringing the captivating fantasy of the Star Trek universe into an experience not before had. Follow our social media accounts and save the date for June 16th, Picard Day, where we will make a full reveal of Star Trek: Infinite.
Looks like a paid Stellaris mod.

Last edited:
While I love the franchise, if this is an Abrahms-style Trek, I'll be taking a huge detour. And Paradox doesn't exactly leave me with the warm and fuzzies, either.

Looks like a paid Stellaris mod.
Why? It doesn't show any gameplay at all. It could be a Star Trek'ish version of Master of Orion, for all we know.

About the only thing I get from it is that marketing seems confused. (Why say the game takes place before The Next Generation, then show a bunch of TNG stuff!?)

Well, they've got plenty of time to give us better information.

Why? It doesn't show any gameplay at all. It could be a Star Trek'ish version of Master of Orion, for all we know.

About the only thing I get from it is that marketing seems confused. (Why say the game takes place before The Next Generation, then show a bunch of TNG stuff!?)

Well, they've got plenty of time to give us better information.
The map...look at the map shown in the trailer at 0.39. Anyway it wouldn't be the first paid mod from Paradox. As Hearts of Iron had multiple paid spin-offs. Some were canceled.

Last edited:
Maps where the owner's symbol appears somewhere is fairly common. Stellaris has two colors for each empire: a border color and an interior color, which the video map doesn't have. (Though it also seems to be the wrong scale - so maybe this is just a placeholder so they can show the factions?)

I have high hopes for this, probably naively so. Love to see a game built from the ground up to support a Trek setting in grand strategy. Mods feel too much like reskins.

I'd be keen on anything that's good set in the classic Star Trek realm, so I'll be hoping for something along those lines. Yet also keeping my expectations fully in check.

Stellaris has Star Trek written all over it, imo. I played the TC Star Trek mod, it was pretty good though some mechanics were overly convoluted.

I agree with Couchpotato, that map looks like Stellaris'.

Well the gameplay trailer was released and it's definitely a modified Stellaris engine.
Happy Picard Day, and by extension, happy Star Trek: Infinite full reveal day!Star Trek: Infinite is a grand strategy experience that lets you play your own Star Trek story as the leader of one of four major factions in the galaxy.

Choose from the United Federation of Planets, the Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire, or Cardassian Union and lead your chosen faction to victory and prosperity.Iconic characters such as Picard, Janeway, Sisko, Data, Gowron, Makbar, Garak are just a few that will be available to their respective factions as recruitable officers.

A diverse range of ships is also available, from the Federation's Defiant-class, the menacing Cardassian Galor-class vessels, the sleek Romulan D'deridex, or even the formidable Klingon Negh'Var battleships as so many more are ready to command.Be the first to boldly go and wishlist Star Trek: Infinite on Steam right now!
Not bad really and looks like they added HOI 4 focus tree's.

If they can possibly catch some of the experience that the pen and paper Starfleet Battles had, it might be enough to lure me in. I'll be watching here to see what people braver than I think about it.

I'll share my opinion Carnifex as I'll be playing on release and posting more links.🥂

Can you play as minor nations/planets or just the big 4?

Apparently it will have minor powers as well @bjon045.
For those familiar with Stellaris, the gameplay for “Star Trek: Infinite” will look very familiar. You start your game as one of four playable factions the United Federation of Planets, Romulan Star Empire, Cardassian Union, or Klingon Empire. From here, you go off with science ships to explore new star systems and make first contact with other civilizations!

While doing that, you can construct new starships to bolster your military, make new science ships, or expand your influence and take systems by building stations! There looks to be a mission tree, which will be unique for each playable faction. The Federation has a mission that is “Build the Enterprise”, so I wonder what the equivalent is for the other factions. Each faction offers distinct traits, stories, and quests as you explore the Alpha and Beta quadrants.

When four civilizations were seen to be playable, I was worried that was going to be it, but it looks like there will be a number of non-playable civilizations to encounter. The Bolian Democracy, Bajoran Republic and the Betazoids. I am sure there are much more civilizations out there, and you’ll get to meet them in-game.

It’ll be interesting if you could conquer civilizations as the Federation or have good relations and form an alliance, as the Romulan Star Empire. Whether some playable factions will allow you to do vastly different things will be interesting.

Someone already beat me to the answer. Anyway it's Paradox sounds about right.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom