Starfield! *applause*

I don't know if this is the correct thread for asking tips/help/etc but here it goes:

Is there any way to skip cutscenes (without using mods)? I kinda tested a few changes in the Settings Menu (both on my previous and current PC configurations), and everytime I start the game from zero, there we are: our character, Lin and Heller, together going down the lift (oh God, what a loooong, slow descent...), chit-chatting and making fun of each other. Well, except that our character can't make fun of anyone because, again, he/she seems to be the silent protagonist :p
Not yet as official mod tools and support hasn't released yet.

At best you can load up someone else's save.

After some thought I'm surprised patches are sporadic and mod support wasn't even released. What the heck is Bethseda & Todd thinking or doing right now?

I don't know if this is the correct thread for asking tips/help/etc but here it goes:

Is there any way to skip cutscenes (without using mods)? I kinda tested a few changes in the Settings Menu (both on my previous and current PC configurations), and everytime I start the game from zero, there we are: our character, Lin and Heller, together going down the lift (oh God, what a loooong, slow descent...), chit-chatting and making fun of each other. Well, except that our character can't make fun of anyone because, again, he/she seems to be the silent protagonist :p
I don't remember many cutscenes that couldn't be skipped. For me simply clicking a mouse button fast forwards them. That intro scene might be an exception.

I don't remember many cutscenes that couldn't be skipped. For me simply clicking a mouse button fast forwards them. That intro scene might be an exception.
I didn't play it for too long. But in the intro cutscene, I tried all the usual tricks: mouse clicking, pressing [ENTER], pressing [ESC], etc. None of these worked, but perhaps it's just the intro cutscene, who knows...

This is what I call being hardcore...

It most likely indicates some kind of mental condition :(

I didn't play it for too long. But in the intro cutscene, I tried all the usual tricks: mouse clicking, pressing [ENTER], pressing [ESC], etc. None of these worked, but perhaps it's just the intro cutscene, who knows...

You can skip through things except for the very start of the game.

I see Starfield is 30% off on Steam for the next week. Quite a chunky discount for a AAA that is still quite new.

I see Starfield is 30% off on Steam for the next week. Quite a chunky discount for a AAA that is still quite new.
It's not the only one. SW Jedi: Survivor is only a few months older and is 45% off right now. Hogwarts Legacy and Diablo IV are both 40% off.

That must be US-only discounts again, nothing here. It seems to be something new; I've never seen those differences before.

Or perhaps they don't do discounts in Belgium (?)? That's Norway:

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 09.54.35.png

The sale price for Diablo IV surprises me the most. Blizzard is usually notoriously tight-assed when it comes to their prices. The sales for that game must have really fallen off a cliff for them to offer that much of a discount already.

Or perhaps they don't do discounts in Belgium (?)? That's Norway:

View attachment 4927
There must be something true in that. I've quickly checked in incognito, locally and switching a VPN to Netherlands, US, and Japan. All 3 had a discount on Hogwarts, while here there's nothing.

As if we weren't taxed enough to begin with. ;)

The sale price for Diablo IV surprises me the most. Blizzard is usually notoriously tight-assed when it comes to their prices. The sales for that game must have really fallen off a cliff for them to offer that much of a discount already.
True. Also the competition is record-high this year. In an ordinary year, I would have taken the bait already and played the campaign through once. Now, I choose to wait until I have no better games to play (or until it comes to Game Pass). Hopefully, they'll continue discounting it next year too.

It's not the only one. SW Jedi: Survivor is only a few months older and is 45% off right now. Hogwarts Legacy and Diablo IV are both 40% off.
Yep. Didn't Diablo 4 also have a free weekend also? I guess if these games now sell for $70 instead of $60 they are still selling for a decent whack of money...

Hogwarts is a bit surprising given it has quite impressive reviews (siting at 92% positive reviews on Steam). Although looking into those reviews quite a few say that it is bland and only recommended for HP fans. I guess the discount makes sense then to drum up some wider interest/buyers.

Hogwarts is a bit surprising given it has quite impressive reviews (siting at 92% positive reviews on Steam). Although looking into those reviews quite a few say that it is bland and only recommended for HP fans. I guess the discount makes sense then to drum up some wider interest/buyers.
It weems WB Games usually puts its games on sales pretty soon. It's been 9 months already.

My guess would be this change comes from their new overlords + poor sales.

There must be something true in that. I've quickly checked in incognito, locally and switching a VPN to Netherlands, US, and Japan. All 3 had a discount on Hogwarts, while here there's nothing.

As if we weren't taxed enough to begin with. ;)
I'm seeing discounts for Germany.

Bethesda is finally going to add city maps to the game. They're also adding new ways to travel, though they haven't revealed exactly what those are yet. Mod support is still coming as well.

Back
Top Bottom