Sword Coast Legends - Extended E3 Press Demo

SPACE EXPLORATION! TECHNOLOGY! HAIRPIE! EQUALITY! COMPUTERS! THE FUTURE! CIVILIZATION! MARS ROVER! PLUTO IS NOT A PLANET! CONTROLLERS ARE FOR MONKEY SAVAGES! RAPE IS BAD! UNDERWEAR WITH TERRIFIC BALL SUPPORT! INVENTING GOOD THINGS! SCIENCE! SCIENCE! AND EVEN MORE SCIENCE WINNING!

This appears suspiciously like a list. ..

Nah it reads like the writing of a raving lunatic to me.:bored:

Edit: One more member called Unrestigered added to my ignore list. Frankly I'm surprised the moderators haven't warned you yet. Guess they don't care.

Oh and Unrestigered here is a video for you Jackass.:kiss:

Last edited:
This most likely has nothing to do with most of the post in this thread.

I am looking forward to playing this game even if it is a bit below par for most games these days. If it is par or above that is a bonus for me and others that plan on playing it.

This most likely has nothing to do with most of the post in this thread.

I am looking forward to playing this game even if it is a bit below par for most games these days. If it is par or above that is a bonus for me and others that plan on playing it.
I feel the same way CelticFrost. As I have low expectations for the game, but hope it turns out to be good. If not we still get some type of modern day Neverwinter. :)

Does it? Well, it doesn't look like a rpg made for civilized pc users either.

Nah it reads like the writing of a raving lunatic to me.

I don't think you realize most people assume you have Downs Syndrome. Since I am not a complete monster I shall continue to not be mean to you and cheer for you in your Olympics.

Are you fucking serious? QUOTE]

If you could stop swearing in this forum I might read your post.

Could you stop swearing in this forum.

Stop swearing in your post

I will stop swearing if you start being smart. Deal?

I bet you're one of those people who has their Explorer windows set to "Large Icons"

This is my favourite response of the week. ;)

Efficacy is producing the desired result. Effectiveness. It has nothing to do with doing it well. That is what adverbs are for. There is no argument here. The word id defined. The definition wins. Period.
If you're talking about the efficacy of grids vs lists it has everything to do with which works better.
But, when it comes to lists, you do not need adverbs because of its basicness. If you have one item, and then add another item under it, not only is it doing its job. It is doing its job well.
Are you talking about an item in a list here?
A console UI with a list for an inventory does one thing well in a rpg video game – it makes the controller experience smoother. Lists are very effective at providing a smoother controller experience.
You never addressed my point about Explorer windows set to "large icons" vs "details".
Lists for an inventory are shit for people using keyboard and mouse, the input devices of the PC.
Thinking now would be a good time for you to do that, icons boy.
You can spend all your time trying to look smart (while being incorrect every single time) without actually addressing anything competently, or you could actually try and explain why no rpg developed for the computer has lists for an inventory.
Didn't we come up with Skyrim and Fallout3 already, though? I'll throw in one more.... Bards Tale series. You'll probably just have to trust me on that one.
Why do only console rpgs have lists for an inventory? And a good chunk of them even have a civilized GUI inventory. Why can’t a submit I report at work or college with lists as visual aids instead of graphs, charts, and other forms of more effective visual aids? Maybe lists, instead of charts and graphs are more effective for people who read brail, in which case brail is to graphs and charts what list UI is to controller users.
You've never made a list for work or school? What about bullet points? How's your relationship with tables? Stable?
Until the time that you actually tell us why a list for an inventory is good for PC users who use keyboard and mouse , you can have fun being wrong in console fantasy land.
I can have fun in fantasy land! That's always been true. At home on my computer, over playing consoles with friends. I've picked up so many control devices over the years. Played Marble Madness on a trackball, NES duck hunt gun, owned about 100 broken joysticks.

See, it's not an issue for me. I can easily work with a list or a grid inventory. I can go KB+M or controller.

Playing Witcher3 recently I started KB+M then went with controller because it works better. There's a lot to be said for precise analogue control over these on/off key presses. What would a piano sound like without the accent of the varying pressure of your keystrokes?

Consoles are not a new thing and they're a driving force in the industry. Just buy a controller, it'll be like $30, and once you can use it you'll often pick it as the superior control method for loads of AAA RPGS. Witcher3, DragonAge:I, Dark Souls, etc, etc. I even tried to get Severance: blades of darkness going with controller, once. (not successfully)

Nah it reads like the writing of a raving lunatic to me.:bored:

Edit: One more member called Unrestigered added to my ignore list. Frankly I'm surprised the moderators haven't warned you yet. Guess they don't care.

Oh and Unrestigered here is a video for you Jackass.:kiss:

I think you are taking Unrestigered way too seriously than he take himself ;)

I think you are taking Unrestigered way too seriously than he take himself ;)
Not really he is just part of what I hate about this site, and the internet in general.

Full of nothing but jackasses, and anonymous trolls.:biggrin:

I feel the same way CelticFrost. As I have low expectations for the game, but hope it turns out to be good. If not we still get some type of modern day Neverwinter. :)

Yeah. There's no harm in siding with hope over doubt on this one. I want things to look forward to! The game is obviously full of potential and I love Forgotten Realms.

It really can be the best game ever until we play it and find out.

I'm hoping for the best as well ;)

I can't do much about having a brain, though.

I can't do much about having a brain, though.

What am I supposed to say to this?

My dog has a brain.

I can't seem to get my dog interested in SCL, either. Tell us about how your brain is superior to my dogs.

What about your nose? Can you smell how bad this game is? Does it smell like vegetables?

Do you think you'll pass down this highly evolved sense of pessimism? Is it so vital to the survival of the species that it will surface as pure subconscious instinct in your future litter?

Your brain has been programmed by your environment and has the remarkable ability to be incorrect, even while functioning properly, if the information it has to work with misleads it.

What am I supposed to say to this?

My dog has a brain.

I can't seem to get my dog interested in SCL, either. Tell us about how your brain is superior to my dogs.

What about your nose? Can you smell how bad this game is? Does it smell like vegetables?

Do you think you'll pass down this highly evolved sense of pessimism? Is it so vital to the survival of the species that it will surface as pure subconscious instinct in your future litter?

Your brain has been programmed by your environment and has the remarkable ability to be incorrect, even while functioning properly, if the information it has to work with misleads it.

It's not really rocket science.

You take your emotional need for something to be what it might not be, and you set it aside.

A need based on emotion.

Like, say, if your mother was accused of a crime - you'd feel a natural need to defend her, regardless of any actual guilt involved.

You might not feel the same need for a stranger.

In this case, SCL is your mother - but it's a stranger to me.

It's still not rocket science.

No?

I don't have any connection to this game. That's a better example for how I defend Dark souls, which I've personally experienced and can vouch for.

This is much for of a voting with my money situation. I want to see more of this type of game so I support it. Minecraft does well? 1000 minecraft clones appear. I'm trying to steer a whole industry in this direction.

In reality I'm probably little more emotionally excited about this than you are. I feel next to nothing. What use is that to anyone? What use are my doubts to you? I'm not so poor I have to worry about the price. I could pirate it and find out if I want to support it, but with a feature list like this, with toolkit, DM mode, co-op, its only going to need minor gameplay adjustments to be just what I want. Camera is good, isometric is good, graphics are good.

You like multiplayer, don't you? 17,000 posts says you enjoy connecting with other people. 17,000 on an RPG site says you like RPGs. Co-op party based dungeons and dragons? fuck yeah?

Maybe we should start organizing an RPGwatch party! I'll go fighter, you can go rogue, and fluent can record it all for his youtube channel and get some footage of the great SirJames in action.

PS. I used to make model rockets when I was 10. :)
PPS. What you rolling, azarhal? ;)

Last edited:
No?

I don't have any connection to this game. That's a better example for how I defend Dark souls, which I've personally experienced and can vouch for.

This is much for of a voting with my money situation. I want to see more of this type of game so I support it. Minecraft does well? 1000 minecraft clones appear. I'm trying to steer a whole industry in this direction.

In reality I'm probably little more emotionally excited about this than you are. I feel next to nothing. What use is that to anyone? What use are my doubts to you? I'm not so poor I have to worry about the price. I could pirate it and find out if I want to support it, but with a feature list like this, with toolkit, DM mode, co-op, its only going to need minor gameplay adjustments to be just what I want. Camera is good, isometric is good, graphics are good.

You like multiplayer, don't you? 17,000 posts says you enjoy connecting with other people. 17,000 on an RPG site says you like RPGs. Co-op party based dungeons and dragons? fuck yeah?

Maybe we should start organizing an RPGwatch party! I'll go fighter, you can go rogue, and fluent can record it all for his youtube channel and get some footage of the great SirJames in action.

PS. I used to make model rockets when I was 10. :)

Oh, you don't fool me. I remember your passionate posts about this being the only proper D&D game likely to ever come forth. How these developers are brave and visionary - and what not ;)

I'm not really talking about your current feelings, though - as feelings fluctuate and thoughts can have a great impact on your ability to accurately sense what they truly are.

In this case, I think you really want a proper NWN successor - much like I do - but the difference is that you've let that desire get in the way of seeing obvious signs that should make you worried.

You're dismissing each and every one of those pointed out with an amazing lack of rational support. On top of that, you've gone on some completely character-counter quest to pretend you're some kind of wide-eyed optimist, which is just absurd given your posting history. That alone makes it absolutely clear that you're not capable of objective discussion on the topic at hand.

Whether you're still emotionally invested in SCL or you're simply invested in not having been wrong, is not clear - nor is it terribly relevant.

But as you're obviously a brave gamer-warrior, as your mastery of the computer game known as Dark Souls demonstrates, you should have the courage to simply let the game speak for itself when it's released?

Let's see what it is when it's out - and then we'll know if my doubts were ever rooted in something real.

Back
Top Bottom