Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy Kickstarter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Hm, that doesn't look very good. Some years ago a campaign like this would have succeeded in 1-2 days.

Idk, I don't think AtomTeam is as well known as a lot of other developers. Plus, both of their previous games were post-apoc. I bet this would be further along if it was a sequel to Atom RPG instead of a new game.

Yeah, something doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence about this game, and it's weird coming from some people who have already successfully released a couple of decent RPGs. Even an unknown studio/indie developer with an idea like this would get an immediate fanbase throwing money at them not so long ago.

I suppose in part BG3 is to blame for this too - people are well-sated with cRPGs for the time being, it'll take some time of "draught" for the target audience to be hungry enough to pledge their money for the project of "anything" that looks like a cRPG.

The demo is pretty decent. Hopefully that will help.

I think one issue might be that it doesn't really stand out from other fantasy crpgs, and it's a very crowded genre. It also feels a little derivative.

Well, they're at a little over $13,000 now. I don't think they'll have much trouble reaching the 39K goal. Probably won't get much more than that though.

They still have 42 days so they should have no problems reaching their funding goal.

I contributed. They are a proven team; it's an isometric-style medieval fantasy RPG - my favorite; and the price is reasonable at 20 Euros for a digital copy (to include Early Access), as well as the soundtrack & wallpaper, and your name in the game credits.

I backed also. Trudograd was one of my favourite games in the last few years (alongside BG3 and JA3) so it was a no brainer for me.

It's quite a weak pitch though. I think starting with pages of fairly non-engaging lore with some fairly generic washed out artwork isn't going to catch a lot of attention from people just clicking through. They should have switching the lore with the gameplay section from further down the page. People these days have short attention spans.

I also backed - but the I agree the Kickstarter doesn't really say that much. I played the demo and found it quite fun - have noted a few issues, but seems they are more active on discord (but they are replying on Steam forums too, which is good). Hopefully the pace will pick up? They do need to 'jazz up' the KS page though...

Well good luck to them. I personally don't pay for undelivered promises, it's the way I go about everything that involves hard-earned currency in my life, not just games; but I do wish them the best and I'm ready to cough up the full price of the game, when it's an actual game.

I'll live without having my name in the credits, for all the millions of people that would read it and recognise it's me, and my great life accomplishment of backing the game.

I haven't contributed to a Kickstarter in a long time. ATOM was a great game and I finished it twice. I guess I will have to break my rule about contributing to KS.

This was an insta-back for me, loved ATOM on computer and iPad. Not touching the demo for now, will play on release. :)

Interesting that it does seem slow, but appears on track for success if not an inspiring success.

Last edited:
Nod, I used to do lots of help funding various projects, some computer games and a lot more with books/novels, even a few telly shows. Now for the most part I sit on the side lines.

Nod, I used to do lots of help funding various projects, some computer games and a lot more with books/novels, even a few telly shows. Now for the most part I sit on the side lines.
Same - I will do 'support' things like this, or Spiderweb games, or a couple of indie author backings ... but at this point I have as many 'undelivered' items as delivered. (including, relevant to this forum, Kai Rozenkranz's album, which was due in 2015!)

Finished doing everything possible in the Demo yesterday. Steam says it took me 8.8 hours, so not bad for a simple Demo. This is going to be a fun little game when finished and polished if the standard of the Demo is anything to go by.

Finished doing everything possible in the Demo yesterday. Steam says it took me 8.8 hours, so not bad for a simple Demo. This is going to be a fun little game when finished and polished if the standard of the Demo is anything to go by.
I spent close to 6 hours, and I thought that was a lot. You must have found some things I missed.

Back
Top Bottom