Tech news

One problem with ending win 10 is that many people (don't know how many) will have to replace their hardware due to number 11's requirements.

One problem with ending win 10 is that many people (don't know how many) will have to replace their hardware due to number 11's requirements.
Good point. I was about to comment about being surprised that so many people are still holding on to Win 10 when Win 11 isn't very different (crappy UI aside), but I completely forgot about the TPM 2.0 requirement.

Another reason for procrastinating is that upgrading Windows has often been an unsafe procedure, and reinstalling a system from scratch is a pain. Then, for those who care about such things, the privacy issues haven't really improved.

There isn't much to make up for all that.

Last edited:
AI Worms:

I especially like this one:
"Our view is that we need to make printing as easy as possible,” Lorres said. “And our long-term objective is to make printing a subscription. This is really what we have been driving. We know it reduces the barriers to print, it offers a much more convenient solution to customers, and especially, [it] is more sustainable."

I guess this is why, in our own interest that we have to pay to get out.

pibbuR who once again is happy with his Epson Eco tank printer where ink comes in fairly high capacity bottles which he uses to fill tanks in the printer.

PS. In the 1984 novel, I remember when the plebs was told that the chocolate rations had increased from 30 g/week to 25 g. DS

PPS. This song by Genesis also comes to mind:

"In the interest of humanity
We've found a better place for you to go"

DS.

I know what quantum computers do: they crack cryptographic algorithms. Thanks for the $5 millions. :)
Oh my you think so small. If quantum computers in the general sense became feasible; all web transaction could be intercepted, cracked, hacked and modified. This not only mean individual transactions to banks but bank to bank transactions and well you get the picture; rather than a few measly millions you should be thinking 100's of trillion of dollars; or for those over the pond euro.

I.e, google is ripping you off ;)

I (modestly) expect 20%, since I tipped you about it.

pibbuR who just made an offer the glyph is not advised to refuse
I'll ignore that correction. ;)

rather than a few measly millions you should be thinking 100's of trillion of dollars; or for those over the pond euro.
That would only be for who discovers a sound post-quantum cryptography theory. Or who first builds a quantum computer powerful enough to reap the net. :)

"In January, Microsoft disclosed that Midnight Blizzard (aka NOBELIUM) had breached corporate email servers after conducting a password spray attack that allowed access to a legacy non-production test tenant account.

A later blog post revealed that this test account did not have multi-factor authentication enabled, allowing the threat actors to gain access to breach Microsoft's systems
."

pibbuR who thinks many will agree (at least to some degree) with CodeProject who says an apology is in order. To the russians.

Apparently networks are difficult for the giant:

"Having an office with barely working Wi-Fi sure is awkward for a company pushing a "return to office" plan that includes at least three days a week at Google's Wi-Fi desert. A Google spokesperson told Reuters the company has already made several improvements and hopes to have a fix in the coming weeks."

pibbuR whose network at the moment of writing is connected (only to the net)

Back
Top Bottom