The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Last edited:
Last evening was pleasant outside so I took some Roy Orbison out for a spin and that evolved into the Traveling Wilburys, which I plan on pursuing more of later today.

Yup, they were an awesome group, for sure. I flirted with some Tom Petty earlier today then made my way to Jeff Lynne, that might take a whole week to enjoy completely as he's quite the extensive catalogue.

Last edited:
Yup, they were an awesome group, for sure. I flirted with some Tom Petty earlier today then made my way to Jeff Beck, that might take a whole week to enjoy completely as he's quite the extensive catalogue.
I was digging his 70s stuff this week (actually saw him in Boston on the 'There & Back' tour) ... love his fusion era!

How about some gaze from Thailand?

I continued with some Jeff Lynne music today then sauntered my way into some great George Harrison albums. It's a windy, blustery day here so the music was perfect.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, wtf is sirjames on about, now?!

Anyone (?) paying attention could see from In Utero onwards that Kurt was crying for help.

His daughters name was Francis, right? Let's have 1 more track...

Francis farmer will have her revenge on Seattle. Seattle is where the band is from, Francis farmer, grower, mother is Coutney. WTF was being trapped in your heartshaped box all about? The lyrics were so different to Bleach or Nevermind.

Last edited:
Tell me this chick isn't a psycho and, considering her father was dead, that it isn't just genetics and upbringing taking after her mother! xD
Typical small-minded misogyny. It is ALWAYS the woman's fault. Self-destructive person kills themselves? Woman's fault!

Of course it is.

Regardless of Courtney Love being the culprit for / is blameless for / added to the suicide, I never could get into her music. It's too much senseless shouting that hurts my ears.

I never faulted Courtney for what happened to Kurt, it simply made no sense to me then nor now. And everyone is innocent until proven otherwise in my book.

Today with the rain outside I'll take some Nirvana to the porch, it's always a good time to listen to the entire With the Lights Out collection.

I'll delete that silly last part which has nothing to do with it. :)

There's a fun story for ya!

Heh, I caught Hole twice live, once was really good and beyond expectations, and the other devolved rather quickly when some fans got their hands on Courtney. It was actually quite disturbing and I'm just glad she got away safely, a few guards that day truly earned their collective pay.

Back
Top Bottom