The war in Europe

Crazy theory what if Prigozhin will take over the Belarusian armed forces and attack Ukraine? Remember after his failed one day coup he was exiled to the country.Hmm..:unsure:
Hmm... Interesting thought, but I doubt it. The problem for him, would be that the Belarusian armed forces allegedly have a lot of friends and relatives in Ukraine, so many would probably not want to fight. Not a good starting point.

Crazy theory what if Prigozhin will take over the Belarusian armed forces and attack Ukraine? Remember after his failed one day coup he was exiled to the country.Hmm..:unsure:
Everything is possible but seeing as Lukashenko has done everything he can to not actually be in the war, I would assume that's very unlikely.

However it would certainly make Ukraine fighting on two fronts very difficult.

Some more articles.
See even NATO is worried about Wagner troops in Belarus.

Some more articles.
See even NATO is worried about Wagner troops in Belarus.
Yeah, I'd also worry if 25k battle-hardened, violence loving mercenaries redeployed closer to me.

Edit: It seems like a base is being built for 8k soldiers in Belarus, so less than 25k.

Last edited:
Anyone believe this story on a tabloid site?
Also this.

Who knoes about the assassination attempt. Many people dislike him, so it's very possible.

In the meantime, seems like I wasn't entirely wrong. Several Russian generals have not been seen and new ones have been promoted. Looks like a purge is underway.

Who knoes about the assassination attempt. Many people dislike him, so it's very possible.

In the meantime, seems like I wasn't entirely wrong. Several Russian generals have not been seen and new ones have been promoted. Looks like a purge is underway.
That must be horrible for morale. Anyone in Russia's armed forces must have escape plans ready, since they never know if anyone else has their back.

That must be horrible for morale. Anyone in Russia's armed forces must have escape plans ready, since they never know if anyone else has their back.
Well when you are an officier who witholds intelligence vital to state security your a risk. Still we all know it's just another tactic of Putin to install loyal lapdogs.

Anyway this is nothing new as Stalin purged the army multiple times, and yes it was the reason his army fought so badly at the start of WW2. History repeats itself.

Well, it seems as if Turkey and Hungary might agree to let Sweden into Nato after all. Will be interesting to see if that is actually true.

Wow. That's good news, but I suppose Turkey didn't do it out of sheer friendliness.
No, probably not. :)

According to what they say officially, Sweden has agreed to more cooperation around "terrorism", which likely means that Turkish dissidents should leave Sweden before they get extradited :/

Sweden has taken a slight turn towards supporting totalitarianism in the name of a Nato membership. I really, really don't like that. Even if it just is a symbolical agreement, it still gives Erdoğan a symbolic victory to strengthen his rule.

And Nato has agreed to more internal cooperation around terrorism as well. Unknown what that really means.

And Sweden has to try to get Turkey into EU. But that's not gonna happen no matter what Sweden says. At least until Erdoğan leaves power behind and democratic reforms pick up.

Edit:
There might be some things involved from the US as well, maybe? Allowing them to buy F16 had been on the Turkey wishlist for quite a while.

Just read that the EU has been involved in the negotiations. They've basically signaled to Erdoğan that if he treats Sweden's issues fairly, they will treat Turkish issues fairly. And the relations between Greece and Turkey is better than in a long time now.

Russia has a big problem with corruption in terms of ammunition and weapons being sold away. Its part of the reason why many generals get killed silently.

I'm not surprised somehow :D
You would think Putin would implement reforms and root out corruption, but nah Soviet playbook all over again. Seems he and Russia still haven't learned a single lesson.:poop:

Back
Top Bottom