The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Another Short Roundup

OK, imagine a Bioware game with one (1) playable protagonist. No appearance customization options. Oh, but there's an option to have a growing beard which you can turn off.

And a choice of 1. a Steel sword or 2. A sliver sword.

Andf a huge marketing/selling point is that the graphics are AMAZING and that the maps are HUGE. You guys would be criticizing the HELL out of it.

I might love it, if it works. I've never played a Bioware game I didn't enjoy. My only concern is that they've been led away from their best path by the EA marketing oracle.

OK, imagine a Bioware game with one (1) playable protagonist. No appearance customization options. Oh, but there's an option to have a growing beard which you can turn off.

And a huge marketing/selling point is that the graphics are AMAZING and that the maps are HUGE. You guys would be criticizing the HELL out of it.
We would. But previous Witcher games were much more than that. And TW1 graphics weren't even AMAZING.

But c'mon. The quest with the guy's attacked wagon was EXACTLY like Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto XYZ. Pure interactive cinema. "You'll never catch me, Witcher!"… cut to Withcer on horseback… press X to gallop… catch up to bad guy, press X to apprehend him… Cut to cutscene, the next morning, let's talk to the authorities. Choice: let him go, turn him in or make an excuse? Choice made. XP rewarded, cut to back in the wilderness where the quest originated.
So you are dissing Witcher (hyped as HUGE game) because one quest looks similar to one from the other game and another one appears to be simplistic? Most of the quests and C&Cs in both of the previous games were much more complicated and involved.

"Adapted to Angry Joe"

Whut?

Andf a huge marketing/selling point is that the graphics are AMAZING and that the maps are HUGE. You guys would be criticizing the HELL out of it. For the record, I finished W1, got partway through W2 and quit because of the annoying constant explanation, talk, talk, talk, talk and talk. I plan to buy W3 because it sounds like they addressed the issue with the ludicrous front-loaded back story and are making it more open world.

But c'mon. The quest with the guy's attacked wagon was EXACTLY like Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto XYZ. Pure interactive cinema. "You'll never catch me, Witcher!"… cut to Withcer on horseback… press X to gallop… catch up to bad guy, press X to apprehend him… Cut to cutscene, the next morning, let's talk to the authorities. Choice: let him go, turn him in or make an excuse? Choice made. XP rewarded, cut to back in the wilderness where the quest originated.

IMMERSION.

Oh yeah, and collectible R-rated postcards… how cool is THAT?

Yes, it's clearly Red Dead Redemption in a fantasy skin because a quest looked similar :)

Let's focus on the similarities and completely ignore the differences. That will most definitely give us a fair version of reality.

Also, I absolutely loved Red Dead Redemption, but that's another matter.

As for Bioware advertising a game like this, yes - there would be a lot of scepticism. Why? Because it's Bioware and we've come to expect the worst. That said, I found DA:I to be the best thing they've done in many years.

We've also come to expect something from CDPR - and that's talent and a hunger to prove themselves and then some.

That's why we're excited.

I guess you could call it long-term memory and preferences. We could call your approach confirmation bias and just plain bias in general?

CDPR don't seem to be controlled by excessive greed for money and mainstream audience obsessions, as decreed by EA. That's subject to change, of course, and it's a common thing that happens when companies have too much success - and the suits smell big return on investment by "manipulating" the product ever so slightly, so that it can target far and wide.

Probably, they'll target you soon enough, and get away with all that annoying rich dialogue that characters keep spouting instead of just getting on with the action for you.

I understand if you don't like NPCs talking, you don't like The Witcher 2. You can probably expect a lot of depth in the characters in TW3, too. It's part of what makes the world immersive and engaging. Obviously, if you're not interesting in the story, world or the lore - you'll be bored stiff. I feel the same way about certain Bioware games, like JE, ME2, ME3 and DA2.

There, it's all good :)

Last edited:
Well, 19 more days and all will be revealed :)

Man…

"Adapted to Angry Joe"

Whut?
Exactly what I said. They tried to make a game he wouldn't hate. And he still hated it.

Andf a huge marketing/selling point is that the graphics are AMAZING and that the maps are HUGE. You guys would be criticizing the HELL out of it. For the record, I finished W1, got partway through W2 and quit because of the annoying constant explanation, talk, talk, talk, talk and talk. I plan to buy W3 because it sounds like they addressed the issue with the ludicrous front-loaded back story and are making it more open world.
Erm… You're describing something that looks like Assassins Creed or Watch Dogs game. I hated Watch Dogs core design, on the graphics part though that game does what it promised once you unlock the visual spectacle through mod (impossible on consoles).
If it matters, I really wouldn't want Bioware going into that direction.
Honestly.

IMMERSION.
Never played anything on consoles. Nor I plan to.
See… From your point of view, it's a letdown. From my point of view, where a consolegame developer refused to port a game because of hating PC audience, it's a welcome move from another developer who will give the similar quest experience - on PC.

Oh yeah, and collectible R-rated postcards… how cool is THAT?
Sorry but adding "rating" and "rated" stuff in my own innerworld where censorship should be declared illegal business, it's superb design.
Plus, those cards are FREE. Those cards are not DLC pay $$$ crap. Also, they're just decoration collectibles, not neccessary game part or pay2win avoidware.

Anyway, I've explained, at least tried to explain, that your geolocation vs games criticism logic isn't correct.
It's true I'm hyped over TW3 but may I also remind you that I was (and still am) hugely disappointed into their season pass advertisment. Yet you're continuing to talk about consolequestcarboncopying, graphics, swords, cards… What's next? Music? FX? Ingame underwear? Alcohol and drugs use?

I'm not trying to change your opinion on the game here. You dislike it for the reasons I don't find relevant and it's okay.
Just please, don't close eyes on the seasonpasses thing. Regardless of the game it's about, it just can't be irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom