Timothy Cain - Replaying Diablo

I played through Diablo in one day - boring as hell.

Back when it first came out it was revolutionary but today yeah boring as hell.

Blizzard hasn't changed the formula in decades either.

Still booting up these type of games can be fun. Like Grim Dawn and Titan Quest.

I almost beat D2+LOD. I never managed it after a few patches, though., which made the very last bosses much harder.
At one point i got utterly bored by the sheer and absolute lack of ANY social interaction ...

In D1 I at one point asked myself : "Why do I always have to battle and kill these critters ? Couldn't we just be friends and battle the evil together ??? I mean those "misguided hunters" and other critters ... or how they were called ... And that started me thinking about "healing" as a theme in stories, and in games, I think, as far as I can remember ...

I would have rather liked to heal them with their bodies and souls intact, rather than to heal them through killing ... We don't do that in the Real World either, do we ?

Diablo 1 is still my favorite of the series, although I'm sure nostalgia probably has a lot to do with that. I'd like to see it get a remaster like D2 did.

I would have rather liked to heal them with their bodies and souls intact, rather than to heal them through killing ... We don't do that in the Real World either, do we ?
Do people try to help those who have transgressd against society instead of killing them in real life? Uh, yeah.

I seem to remember there was some talk of a D1 remaster a while back, but my brain may be playing tricks on me.

I seem to remember there was some talk of a D1 remaster a while back, but my brain may be playing tricks on me.
Blizzard (sort of) redid D1 in D3. There's a rift that takes you to Tristam and recreates the dungeon of D1. I'm not sure how accurate it is though, and it's a seasonal thing that's only accessible in January I think.

Do people try to help those who have transgressd against society instead of killing them in real life? Uh, yeah.
Doi people stand at way crosses and shout out "Please stay a while and listen !" ?

Back
Top Bottom