ToEE - A New Fluent Let's Play!

So while it's not the production level of Angry Joe, it's still my own little show. :nod:
Get real, all he did was adding green (or blue) screen behind and go silly, crazy, mad, any extreme emotion state filling blanks with jokes.
A cheap production but a show fun to watch, at least to me.

I usually disagree on everything with him of course, but I laugh more while watching his crap than blockbuster comedies.

Same here! He is very funny and makes some great videos. =)

Last edited:
Thanks, Wenzil!! :party:

At $4.99, this game is a steal, and I can say that after only spending a few hours with it thus far. I bought mine in the massive GOG Dungeons & Dragons bundle for even less if I recall correctly, and it's definitely been worth it. =)

Mistake on my part. It's 5.99. Still a bargain!!

In the D&D bundle that goes on sale from time to time, I paid $1.19 for the game! Wow! Total steal. :)

Episode 5 is live! Check out an epic battle against a crazed barbarian and his crew! Heads will fly!! :)

Episode 6 is live!

In this exciting episode, I do battle against a horde of undead and an angry ogre named Lubash! Things get interesting in these tense and exciting battles. Watch and see if I can survive as a Temple of Elemental Evil newbie! =)

Hope you enjoy!! :)

Hey everyone!

Episode 7 is up, and in this episode it gets kind of crazy! I just had a grueling encounter with zombies and head right into an area of the moathouse dungeon that is filled with bugbears! These buggers are tough, not only deceptive in their own strength, but when they seemingly come out of nowhere and attack in packs, look out! Also, if you aren't ready to implement a proper strategy, well, you will see what happens! :lol:

Hope you enjoy! :)

The music is really good, actually. I was surprised by that. :)

I'm really enjoying the game in general. It's got wonderful combat but it's also a full-featured RPG, which also surprised me. The blurbs I'd read about the game mostly talk about it being a combat game and not necessarily a deep RPG, but I'm not finding that to be true for me.

Fun stuff. Glad my video brought back some good memories for ya, Thrasher! :)

This game is certainly a whole lot more than just a basic combat RPG. People often refer to it in a combat centric way because it's a game which showcased what many believe to be a perfect RPG combat system, so the combatfags (is there a better word for it...?) harp on about it to a far greater degree than storyfags (again, is there a better word...?). The story people get more easily put off by the 'hardcore' nature of the combat - so the positive reviews are mainly by people who love all dat combat.

But it is a pretty well-rounded RPG in many other respects. I was actually loving it until I got to the point where going back and forth to town became a slog of transition mobs and the final Temple has some pretty annoying 'issues' that might require either a walkthrough or a lecture from a 'hardcore who's played it 5 times' to properly navigate it. The game also has/had bugs'a'plenty apparently, though I can't remember any personally, I'd have to look up my old comments on the game.

Still enjoying the Let's Play, I've no doubt your commenters will be lecturing you on how best to navigate the Temple etc etc, so that angle probably wont be an issue for you.

Yes, there are better words than the ones you used. There's no reason to be so crude. Call them combat-connoisseurs or story-lovers or something. :)

But yes, I get the feeling that people look at it as a combat RPG because the combat stands out so much, but underneath that surface of exquisite combat there is a deep and complex RPG here as well. I know I'm probably missing so much on my first play-through. Just having different dialogue options, dialogue skill checks, etc., make the game completely unpredictable. This will certainly be a game that I go back with in future play-throughs and try to figure out different methods and strategies. Awesome game thus far! :)

Episode 8 - A preliminary episode where I explore more of Hommlet, get ready for the Moathouse dungeon and stock up on supplies. =)

Episode 9 - Now it's getting even more interesting! I start exploring the Moathouse Dungeon and finding all sorts of adventure, secrets and interesting surprises abound! Check it out. =)

Enjoy! :)

I like lets plays. To either get an impression of a game I'm interested in buying or to get tips on game play or to watch someone else playing a game I like. They're a good time waster when I can't game but don't have to anything better to do - like when eating lunch or something in front of the PC like I am now.

Unfortunately I'm not going to watch too many of these. ToEE is currently on my short list and I don't want to see spoilers ;)

-kaos

Definitely understandable, kaos! I don't like watching Let's Plays of games I want to play, but for other stuff, I like them. =)

Episode 10! - This is a funny episode that goes oh, so horribly wrong, so check it out! =)

Episode 11! - A miracle happens and I defeat a tough encounter that was troubling me. A little strategy goes a LONG way! Check it out!

Hope you enjoy!! :)

Episode 12! - This is a VERY exciting episode for me, because some great, great things happen in this one! Strategy truly pays off in this game, in a BIG way! Epic battles that seem impossible seem to get manageable and even winnable when you play smart, and that is a beautiful, beautiful thing. =)

Enjoy!! I know I am. :)

Episode 13!!!

Hey folks! In this fascinating episode of my Let's Play, I meet the elusive Master himself, and try to figure out what the heck to do with him! Will I kill him and take all his goodies, or merely add this evil figure to my party and see where it leads? Watch and see! =)

Episode 14 is here!

In this episode, I explore around Hommlet, find some interesting people to talk to, gather a few quests and generally enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of this sleepy little village! Come and enjoy it with me, as the Temple itself may be coming up soon! :)

Episode 15!

Hey folks! Things get really interesting in this one, as I explore more of Hommlet and get a hint that Rainbow Rock, the elusive spot with a supposed huge treasure to be found, is located somewhere near Emridy Meadows! So, we head there and see if we can find the loot! Watch and see how things play out in this, Episode 15 of A Fluent Let's Play of Temple of Elemental Evil!! =)

2 new episodes are up! Check 'em out!

Episode 16! - In this episode we head to Nulb for some exploration of this strange and eerie place, meet some new characters and generally poke around looking for fun and adventure there! Check it out and see what I find! :)

Episode 17! - More Nulb exploration! This video gets really crazy as I end up slaughtering an entire inn full of people! Watch and see how this twist comes about!

Enjoy! And see you on YouTube! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom